CONFRUNTED

THE BEST FRIEND

leah got home and just as always her mom greeted her at the door.

"kim hyun-ah, gwaen chan na yo?" leah was about to answer when her phone beeped.

"omoni jamkkanman." she said houlding her hand up."mianhamnida. " she said taking her phone out her side bag.

leah mian. minho texted.

leah sighed and put her phone back in the bag

"nae omoni Gwen cha na yo. " she said.

okay she said.

"hey hyun-ah why doesn't that nice boy come around anymore? What was his name kris wu?" hey mom asked innocently in english.

leah stoped half way up the stair case. It was like a slap in the face to end her horrible day.

"i don't know?" leah said about to cry again. and ran upstairs.

leahs adoptive mother looked up at her unbiological child. wondering what was going on. she was concerned.

she knew all about the things leah didn't and wouldn't tell her. She knew that leah and kris weren't friends because of minho. kris stoped by the house some years ago saying he was in love with her but she didn't care. and that was the last time she seen the handsome young man.

she also knew about leahs identity issues with her being korean and white.  she had over herd her one day talking to her self. and hating  her self.

watching her disapear. she sighed and went back to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

upstairs leah had collapsed on her bed a whirlpool of horrible thoughts filled in her head and she cried and cried till she fell asleep.

-
-
-

When Minho  arrived at home he found his mother in the living room. Her back was turned so she didn't realise he was there so he slammed the door with a loud bang.

Mrs. lee stopped what she was doing and froze.

minho was clearly not in the mood and seeing her made it worse.

"i know what you did and don't think for a second I won't do anything about it" he said harshly venom hanging from his Korean.

Minjun's mother sighed. Then she threw the two days worth of mail on the coffee table

Minhos mother turned around with a fake smile. minho turned his nose up at her not returning the favor.

"I've just arrived and this is how you greet me." she laughed but it was so fake she shouldn't of done it in the first place.

"yea considering you didn't answer any of my calls these last two days." he said sarcastically. "so yeah you left me no choice."

his mom glared at him and he glared back.

They both wouldn't back down.

minjun was in the kitchen getting somthing to drink. as he approached the living room he stopped seeing somthing that was about to turn ugly so he stepped in.

"dongsaeng." minjun said breaking the silance.  minjun felt like if he didn't step in minjun would of put his hands on their mother. his eyes were Set to kill and their mother was the obvious target.

minho looked from his evil mother to look at his brother who he got jealous of earlier.

"hyung ." Minjun's face lit up a bit.

Their mother rolled her eyes at the familey reunion.

minho turned his attention from his brother to look at his mom who was getting up to leave.

"where are you going I'm not done talking to you." minho said annoyed.

minjun stood there knowing what was going on but didn't know to but in or not. minho looked determined to cuss his mom out and she looked like she was going to retaliate back. any minute now she was going to snap on minho. How?  because that's what always happens.

and finally minho gave out his last attack you could tell he wanted a reaction just by the look of him.

"jin-ja?" minho laughed sarcastically clapping his hands then looking her straight in the eye."who  treats there sons like a game of chess? bringing out every move to always win? mom when will it stop.your going to run out of those tricks you have up your sleeves am i right.?"

finally she cracked in anger like she always did she was a bitter old woman.

"arraso! I did it I smacked her and  what i tould her the truth so what are you going to do about it!? she said in outrage.

minho snapped and he went for his mom minjun had to restrain him back.

"really what are you going to do if I tell dad about this? who is going to be the bigger person then?" basic ly saying their father was in charge and she was his shadow.

minjun glanced at the stairs to see eun mi shocked and scared. yea this was his life eun mi. This was his life. Welcome to it.

eun mi ran back upstairs.

"i can't belive you.i can't belive you would do that oma." he yelled as minjun held him back and watched his mom walk up to her  room." your so evil. I hate you. Your disgusting. "

minho got fee of minjun and towered over his petite mother who had stoped at the beginning of the stairs. "don't think for a second that it was ok." he said angrily in her face.

she stoped and turned around his words I hate you. were the only ones she herd everything eles didn't process. "if you say so son, but I'm doing what's best for the family no matter how the sacrifice. " she replied in english. 

minjun grabed minjun back.

"oh so all you care about is power and not about me or Minjun's feelings?! you already ruined Minjun's life! You won't ruin mine!" he yelled after her she dissapeard slamming her door shut.

minjun felt hurt by minhos words and

minho stopped struggling in Minjun's arms and hit the wall.

-
-
-

"so what is going on with you familey exactly." eun mi asked before they had to go down stairs to eat dinner with the familey.

"oh just the usual mom and minho world war III." eun mi looked confused.

"my mom and minho are so alike they hate eachother (hence us but 10x worse.)  basically all I can explain. If they weren't familey you would qustion  why they were in the same house under the same roof.they never got along. never have,never will. they are a reasoning for why our familey is the way it it is. and why they are the way they are."

eun mi bobbed her head understanding it alittle.

"so basically what I'm trying to say is that if you see them being nice to another it's because of someone Is around and they are forced by my father to act like they are familey.  If it weren't for blood my brother would of voiced out he wasn't our mothers child." eun mi furrowed her eyebrows.

"so if you see that tonight that their talking acting normal it's because of my father. and because you are here." minjun said to her.

-
-
-

leah woke up to her phone ringing.

○○○lee minho calling○○○

leah tried to decide to go back to sleep or hear his apologies again for his reckless behavior.

annoyed by it she answerd.

"yobosaeyo?! don't hang up please I'm sorry I should of said those things I did at lunch time.it was uncalled for and I was overly jelouse."

somthing was wrong with minho and leah knew it.

without replying to him.

"minho what's wrong with your voice? Gwen cha na yo"she asked?

leah sat up turning her lamp on.

minho sighed on his bed and tried to lie.

"nae Gwen cha na yo." he replied.

leah furrowed her eye brows together.  why do I get the drift that you lying?" she asked.

"because it's nothing for you to be worried about." he said. baling his fist up trying to ease the pain.

"minho --- oppa what is wrong?" she said not backing down.

"i had a huge fight with my mom 30 minutes ago." he replied

leahs blood ran cold. and suddenly she felt her heart beat faster.

"what was it about? she said suddenly becoming dry.

"i wonder."  he said.

leah knew this would happen she didn't know how soon. and now she was even more afraid to go to his house again.

"are you sure your alright?"

"no I just swollen knuckles that's about it." he said causal.  but leah could tell there was hurt behind his words.

"lee min...."

"hould on." minho said.

Minjun's head suddenly popped into Minho's room.

"its time." he said. then he shut his door.

"leah I got to go commit suicide and jump in a pool of sharks I'll talk to you later before I go to bed."

leah didn't say anything.

"babe I'm joking I have to go down and eat dinner with my father while I ignore my mother. If i don't he will be mad. I don't fell like taking him on tonight too."

leah was still quite.

"babe don't worry, I'm fine, Gwen cha na yo." he chuckled."

"ok." she said quietly "saranghae."

"i love you too." and with that he hung up and followed his brother and fiancé down stairs.