LEE MINJUN

THE BEST FRIEND

"This is nothing but an arrangement, nothing more you got it?" minjun said to eun mi.

today was the day Minjun's parents arrived from the states to check on his engagement. These next two days are going to be Hell on him since his mother will be breathing down his neck the whole time. just the thought of it made minjun annoyed. so a frown formed to his face.

"good I was just about to say the same, you took the words right out of my mouth."eun mi looked at minjun like he was a piece of gum that had been stuck to her shoe. and she frowned back at him.

minjun was about to say somthing eles when his patents arrived at the restaurant.  but instead he got into acting mode.

" make sure to act as though we've fallen in love. And be sure to remember always go with the flow." He said through his smiling teeth. eun mi rolled her eyes.

"minjun-ah" his cold hearted mother said to him giving him an huge hug. "I missed you."

park eun mi bowed and sat down.

"omo, you so beautiful. wow! " mrs.lee said to eun mi "kamsahamnida, omoni."eun mi replied.

mrs.lee approved of eun mi she was just the type minjun was suppose to marry. and she was glad she finally got rid of that other trash he had years ago. But atleast she was korean but her down fall was that she was poor. Mrs. lee frowned upon the problem she was having with minho and that white trash korean wanna be girl. but she knew in time it will be handeld well.She shook it off joining the current conversation not wanting to worry about the problem back in the states.

"So son how is the engaged life?" min Jun father asked him.

"its been pretty good pretty good, i don't have to do things alone now." they all laughed and eun mi  her arm around him.

seems like you're getting along pretty well thats good." Minjun's mother said to him looking at Eun mi's arm around minjun.

"yeah we're getting along great I really like her I'm glad I get to marry her." minjun lied.

Eun mi looked at min Jun crazily. minjun cleared his throat he gave a nudge at Eun mi. "yeah I'm glad I get to marry him as well he's a good man and he could be easy to fall in love with." minjun sighed internally she was a horrible actor.

eun mi put her hand on minjun hand. and smiled at his patents minjun  gave A look of disappointment to eun mi who sounded so cheesey at that last part it made him wanna throw up.

eun mi's phone buzzed. "ahh just on sec. mian"

I thought you were good at acting your seriously bombing this conversation. -_-

eun mi gave minjun a dirty look.she wrote him back. Minjun's phone buzzed. Minjun's parents looked at him in disappointment. "sorry."

ya what am I supposed to say.im acting.you should try it sometime.

minjun got annoyed at this response and didn't write back. This girl was going to be the death of him. And so was his cold hearted mother.

"so how is my little brother doing?  I miss him dearly."minjun asked his parents. 

minjun looked at his mother who was annoyed by the mention of his brothers name.

"he's just being minho." his mother said rolling her eyes. irratated by his current behavior with that girl.

minhos father looked at his wife and gave her a look. A look that said don't start.

eun mi felt uncomfortable at the family's awkwardness. she didn't know to either pretend nothings going on or to try and help change the subject on Minjun's dongsaeng.but saved by the bell the food had arrived in time. and eun mi let out her breath she had been holding.  she felt at ease that the awkwardness was fading and she could gather her self to bring back her sense of ability to act this through.

"so eun mi-ssi how is your father doing? I heard he's doing well." Mr lee said to her.

"nae, he just signed a contract with an very important investment. and he's been trying to get them for years it actually one of his biggest accomplishments thus far." she smiled. "and daddy says he is sorry for not attending this dinner but he had some things to take of. but he said tomarrow he would like to meet you if that's alright with the both of you."

"of course! and tell him don't worry about it I know how busy work can be when your running your own company.  trust me don't apologized I understand." Mr. lee said to eun mi.

"kamsahamnida." she replied

Minjun's phone buzzed again. his father looked at him."really?" he said looking at his son being disrespectful to him his mother and eun mi. "What's so important that your phone isn't on silent. " his father said sternly.

minjun gave eun mi an annoyed look for sending him another message. "mian father. I'll put it on silant." as he did he seen it was from his brother minho.

hyung, I love leah. I made love to her. and I hope you help me against mom and dad. mian. for getting you in this.

Minjun's face drained of color and the words" made love" went threw his head over and over. minjun droped his phone like it was poison.

"What's wrong?" Mr. lee said said concerned at his sons sudden look of horror on his face. His mother looked at him suspiciously.

"umm nothing." he lied. He grabed his phone from the floor and put it in his pocket. turning it off all the way.

His father looked at him not believing him but left it alone and his mother continued to stare at him. she felt like it had to do with her other son.

eun mi found her self back in the awkwardness. 

The rest of dinner went by talking about the engagement and preparations for the wedding. Minjun's parents left first. They had an 12 hour flight from the states and we're tired and wanted to sleep.

As soon as they drove off from the restaurant eun mi threw Minjun's arm off of her.

"I can't stand you or this engagement." she hissed.

"how do you think I feel. just fine. No I rather get shot than to be with you." He hissed back. "and possibly die."

"really? I rather that happen to you to." she hissed in his face.

"your such a spoiled little brat I swear I can't stand girls like you. girls who think that they are above everyone just because they got money. News flash with or without it your still nothing." minjun started to get in his emotions not just because of eun mi insalting him but because of her.

Shewas the best thing that had ever happend to him and ever since then he hasn't loved anyone since she dissapeard from his life all those years ago. everything about that girl was perfect and eun mi was the opposite and yet he was stuck with her.

"I'm better than you. so I'm something. and the only reason why we're in this together is because you need me and I need you for our family business's.  I would never ever ever in a million years ever go out with some one like you. Let alone ever marry. but since we kinda have to get along let's try. for the sake of us killing one another." she said hissing at him. "oppa."

minjun cringed at the sound of her saying that to him. "don't ever call me that again." he said in disgust.

she smiled accomplishing anoying him.

His annoyance deepened when he realized she was doing it to make him mad.

" ka ja." he said walking to the car.

After minjun droped eun mi off at her house he found him self at home looking at the text again. he sighed in desperation hoping that this was a joke. because the war a head was going to be a blood bath. and he was going to be in the middle of it.

dongsaeng  so you know what type of war your starting. you know that mom and dad won't go down with out a fight and that they most Likely will win. minjun replied back to his brother supporting him but feeling an whole amount of uneasy.

In there world there was a system. A system of which one can not mess up or mess with.  and what minho was doing was going against it. He was ruining the plans that were set ahead for him.

I know hyung but I'm in love worth this girl you know how this feels don't you. I'm sorry to bring it up.but I just can't let her go. mom has already caught on . And she already took actions upon her by giving her choice of words to leah and smacking her face. and that set me off.and when she comes back to the states I'm going to give her my choice of words.

minjun eyes bugged out his head at the text before him. How dare he bring her  up. He was not mad but he was a little hurt by the fact of bringing up the past. He didn't like to speak of her because she was his weakness. she was somthing he failed to protect from his family. And as if memories was not enough to show him how weak he was, bringing it up wasn't much better. And that is why everybody never brought up her. It triggered Minjun's emotions and every time he felt week.

ok yes I know how it feels to love someone so much but minho think about this one please. think about all the pain and heart ache ahead for us both. im not saying I won't help you because of course hyung will help you,but I just want you to think twice, and think of all the obstacles ahead. This won't be easy,and chances are you will lose.

minjun sat there in his apartment waiting for his dongsaeng to text back. He finally took off his coat and walked to his bed room and leyed down on his bed. his emotions were getting to him like they always did. And he couldn't fathom how his young little brother was much more stronger than he was at the age of 18 because 10 years ago he was a coward for letting his parents win the war.

memories of her started to pop back in his head causing him to burst out in tears.  he was so unhappy that he wished he was dead. This whole being rich thing was not what it seemed like to the people on the outside. It was quite distasteful. and it could break you down to the point you Don't know who you are but you're just following orders. walking around with a smile on your face pretending you didn't just cry your self to death. and then people might ask why do you have such dark circles and you'd just reply lack of sleep when really it's from excessive stress and crying to the point you feel sick yes being rich was that ugly.but on the outside it was beautiful.

Minjun's phone buzzed.

i know hyung and thanks for looking out for me but can i be honest brother to brother? minho asked.

nae, go head. minjun replied back.

no matter how much it might hurt. minho texted.

nae go ahead. he replied not caring how much it might hurt how much more could he hurt?

I just don't wanna be like you. I don't wanna be in pain like you I couldn't imagine what you went threw with  chae rin . As bad as it sounds your the last person on earth I would want to trade lives with. I wanna be diffrent. I can't be controlled like a puppet like you are with mom and dad.

Minjun's breath caught in his throat and his tears fell harder. As much as he wanted to hate his little brother he couldn't because he was right. Who  WOULD wanna be him. Although he was 28 he seen life's wonderful works of art. All of them and most of the pictures weren't so pretty.

nae, arraso. (yes, i understand)

and with that minjun turned his phone off not wanting to talk anymore. he turned off the lights sleeping in his suit not caring.

Instead he cryed him self to sleep.