CONVINCING KRIS

THE BEST FRIEND

Leah was told she would have a week to leave, and that no one was to know. Not even Kris. If a person was to find out..BAM bullet to the head. Minho was still a little distant and Kris wouldn’t attend school till tomorrow.

 

Hana.

 

that stupid was here and she was staring at the back of her head in class. Leah looked at Minho. Minho looked back and he looked away too fast to read his expression.

 

ever since she got into a fight with that he was acting strange. Well it didn’t matter anyways because Leah would be leaving soon.

 

Leah tried to focus in class but she just couldn’t time was ticking and she had to convince Kris to leave with her suddenly and had to do it fast. She was thinking Korea. Maybe she could find her family somehow?

 

Another hard thing was she was going to have to leave her adoptive parents, she wasn’t going to tell them, she couldn’t but if he could she wouldn’t because it would only cause pain.

 

Then other questions in her head consisted if Minho would really raise she was gone.

 

The bell finally rang and Leah found herself running out, like literally. She needed air she felt suffocated in that small room and it was making her anxiety more unbearable.

 

So this was what it was like being treated like trash? If being adopted had made her felt like someone wanted her dead because she was in love with their son made her feel worse.

 

slowly but surely making it up to the last stairs of the roof top Leah had all these emotions come at her as she reminisced the good times she had up here with Minho. Tears stung her eyes and she felt like her inside were trying to kill her. And she couldn’t help but get the pain escape her lips she broke down. The crying so unbearable she was surprised it could break bones. She was loud but she didn’t care. If someone was to hear, she didn’t care all she cared about was crying out this pain enough at least for her to go on.

 

This was the only way right?

 

Leaving would put this to rest right?

 

She hoped so. There was one thing about Leah leaving Minho for good. the family that raised him would be there to show her how unacceptable she was. She wasn’t going to want to be someone she wasn’t just because she wasn’t accepted by his family. Maybe now she could finally shed some light on the scars his family alone gave her. Maybe now she could heal and finally learn to love herself half Korean or not.

 

"Leah." and before she could push Minho away he grabbed her tighter.

 

"Baby what’s wrong." in the pain she was seeing things she never seen before and that was hatred. she didn’t want to be his baby anymore she just wanted the pain to subside at least for a minute. She loved him but she couldn’t deal with the consequences that came for loving him.

 

she was done. No longer along for the ride.

 

"Leah why are you pushing me away?"

 

Like it was her choose. This was a given.

 

"Stay away from me we are officially done.

 

Minho about passed out where did this come from?

 

"Leah what ar-"

 

"This. This us. It’s done. over." and she turned towards the door. But then she stopped knowing her face was red as a tomato from all the crying.

 

At that point Minho started crying his heart felt like a thousand needles went through and stabbed him multiple times.

 

Minho grabbed her by her waisted and begged for her. He apologized for anything any everything he could think of. Hana, his family, mostly his mom. He apologized for not being strong enough to win the war yet. He had it all planed out him going to have her in the end whether it was a fair fight or knowing his father would use a disadvantage.

 

Leah was strong so it never accrued to him that she would be doing this right now. There was somthing wrong this wasn’t like her she didn’t go down so easily. But looking at her face showed all the pain she never showed and he could tell she was fed up.

 

Leah pushed Minho off her. "No I’m done I’m sick and I’m tired and I just Cant." she yelled at the top of her lungs.

 

Minho collapsed to his knees.

 

This was happing she was letting him go. After everything he’s done all he’s work for, and cried for, hurt for it was ending all right here in a puddle of tears.

 

Leah started to walk away threw Minho’s blurred vision. This wasn’t somthing he ever saw coming. Seems just yesterday Leah and him were friends laughing it up some weeks after he came back from Korea.

 

Leah slammed the rooftop door closed. She had to get out of here anywhere but here.

 

_

 

_

 

_

 

"Leah what’s wrong?"

 

"Do you trust me?" she said barging in.

 

"Why"

 

"Just answer me Kris she said sobbing.

 

he shut the living room door and looked at Leah. who looked like she had been hysterically crying.

 

"Leah what’s going on?"

 

"JUST ANSWER ME ALREADY."

 

"Yes I trust you."

 

Leah goes on knees and begged. "Please run away with me"

 

Kris eyes bugged out of his head and he looked at his former best friend.

 

"What do you mean un away with you are you crazy were are too young."

 

"I know but I have money we will be fine just Pease."

 

"Tell me why first."

 

She would have to lie a convincing one at that.

 

"I just want to run away with you that is all.

 

"Liar are you trying to protect me? If that’s the case I dont want it I can take care of myself."

 

Leah though for a second things running threw her mind, searching for lies. Telling him she was in love with him wouldn’t work.

 

And that’s when it came to mind.

 

"I want to search for my biological family."

 

Kris stopped intrigued by her request. Now this he could believe. What adopted child doesn’t want to now where she came from? He would if he was. Although he wishes he could switch places with Leah as the thought of his father came to mind.

 

Kris looked at her for a moment then agreed.

 

A sigh of relief filled leash system. That was hard she almost gave up and told him the truth. If it was one thing. It was finally ok she was adopted and she finally found a decent used for it.