KRIS WU YIFAN

THE BEST FRIEND

The following day at school Leah found herself avoiding lee min ho. She didn't mean it just kinda happened. She was hiding behind the corner watching lee Minho talk to another Korean boy that went to their high school. She was trying to figure out a way to get passed him without him seeing her.

"Is there a reason why your trying to avoid lee Minho or am I just imagining things?"

Leah breath caught in . Leah turned around to find Kris Wu Yifan looking at her amused. Leah internally sighed. Kris used to like her. But she turned him down for obvious reasons.

These days kris and minho don't get along. and leah was the reason for that. dont get leah wrong, kris was an attractive Chinese boy from beijing. but her heart had been set on minho.

"shhh." leah said she didn't wanna get caught.

"so why are you avoiding him again." leah turned around and glared at kris.

"really? Can't you have the decency to mind your own biz." she spat.

kris pretended to look hurt. "leah why are you so cold?"he faked cryed.

leah pretended to hit him and kris flinched.

"so we're you planing not to talk to me?" minho said from behind her. annoyed that she had the time to talk kris but not him.

kris started to leave. just seeing minho worked up like that without him doing anything satisfied him for the time being.minho glared at him. so with that he walked away with a smirk on his face.

"aniyo?" leah tried to lie.

minho felt hurt. He could see right through leah sometimes.

"leah, about yesterday. .." minho started but leah cut him off.

"I don't wanna talk about it. "she sighed. "Let's just forget about it."

"Leah but. ." he started again but the bell rung.

leah walked away angry that she failed her mission to be seen unnoticed.

minho watched her walk away. until he couldn't see her no more.

kris staired at leah. This was a daily routine for him. Although he gave of the impression that he didn't like her no more it was all an act. and when leah Caught him stairing when he wouldn't look away fast enough he just glared at her so she wouldn't catch on.Truth was he was madley in love with her and hope she changed he mind someday.

He remembered when he tried to take the chance that one day when he asked her out. knowing she had feelings for minho he didn't care he wanted to confess anyways. knowing the answer he still felt the pain of his heart breaking. so since that day he pretended that her saying no didn't mean a thing.

leah happens to look back at kris as usual he glared at her. Every time he Did that to her  heart broke. she didn't know why though. she looked away. This was going to be a long day. The rest of forth hour went by just like 2nd and 3rd and when it came to forth she felt nervous. minho was in her 4th hr. class as well as her 5th, 6th, and 7th classes.

leah hesitated as she got to the door only to be pushed by kris "move." he said pushing passed her gracefully. His hands in his pockets. He stopped. turning around in the process. He smirked at leah. He came tords her grabing  her arm.  motioning her away from  the class room.

minho suddenly became angry and began to follow but their mean teacher Mr . Hamilton tould him to stay put. He glared at him slowly sitting back down. then turned his attention to the door.

"What the!" Leah snatched her arm from Kris. she found her self alone  with kris in the basement of the school. we're the music floor was.

"Do you want to die?" she asked in korean. staring at Kris towering over  her.

"aniyo" he replied.  "but I do wanna know why you and minho are not talking. "

leah felt annoyed. " it's none of your business." she said walking her way tords the class.

He grabed her arm."please hyun-ah I wanna know what's making you upset.

" leah felt her heart drop at the sound of her real name and she couldn't belive kris had a soft side. let alone showed it.

leah saw kris get awkward. "umm." he averted his eyes. which made him look so cute."I just hope that hasn't hurt you or anything that's all."

with that he started to walk away. leah grabbed his arm this time."kris-ah"she pronounced his name in korean. "kamsahamnida" (thankyou.)

he glared at her hand on his." for what?"and then he just snatched his hand away from hers.

leah watched him walk away. For some reason she felt like crying. Why did he always do that to her? make her feel important then make her feel like the most disgusting person in the world. leah decided no to go back to class instead she decided to go to the roof top. she needed time to think.

kris found him self dead at the door considering the fact that was the look minho was giving  him.

minho thought in his head. Do you want to die? but kris walked past him with a smirk. minho felt rage. His fist curled  into a ball. minho played all the things he could do to kris's face over and over inside his head.

minho started to feel concerned as to why leah didn't come back with kris. but that could be a double standard because it could be because of him too. Since she was avoiding him and all.minho felt bad all over again. knowing some of the story. atleast what was tould to him by his mother.minho started to grind his teeth. he was so angry at his mother as well. He wished he never took her to his house. He wished he could erase all of it and run away with her.

But would she want to? he thought.

kris glared at the back of minhos head. he hated that kid. He has everything too good. And he strings it all along like it's nothing. to be honest all his anger was tords him. 5 years ago minho took leah from him. leah and him were friends way before minho got there. leah and him grew up together. been going to the same school since preschool.he knew all about leah. He knew that she was part korean and white. He knew her real name was kim hyun-ah. He knew she was adopted because her mom died when she was about 3.and he father left a little after she was born. but that didn't matter because she had full blooded korean parents who love her like her own. And he knows that everything that was just mentioned was not to be said.because that's what he promised her. they used to be best friends till that son of a minho came a long and ruined it. kris felt a pang in his heart when he started to think of when minho first came to america 5 years ago.

"nae." he herd her laugh from a far. It pained kris to see the girl he loved with another guy. kris felt pain for the very first time. He was korean. how he knew? he was understanding everything they were saying. kris was chinese but he also spoke korean as well as english. He was  tri -lingual.

kris found leah drifting away from him day by day. until she wasn't by his side anymore. for awhile kris found him self alone. He'd eat alone. hang out alone. He just found him self alone. till he got to high school he kinda made new friends but he just preferredbeing alone since he was so used to it. And with that he got the title "the cold guy"  and from then on he'd treat leah like she was nothing special to him anymore. until one day leah caught on.

"kris-ah."she said from behind him. kris stopped in his tracks but didn't turn around. He started walking again. leah ran to his side then stopped him again considering his hight  he had to look down at leah but he didnt. He looked straight ahead. "nae?" was all he said.

"why haven't you been talking to me?" kris suddenly felt rage but he calmly said "I've been busy."  he lied. kris stoppedtalking to  leah because he seemed to be the only one that was trying anymore. she was so up minho she forgot about him then she had the nerve to say this to him. 

Although leah felt hurt kris didn't care because it didn't compare to how
he's felt for these last few months.

without looking back he walked away.

and that was the last time he really talked to her. he avoided her at all cost.

kris felt the urge to beat minhos again. But he resisted the urge. he looked at the table were leah sat. leahs seat was empty and he felt guilty. leaving without know if she was ok. but he knew her all to well. He knew where she was.