DISASTER DINNER

THE BEST FRIEND

As they walked down the stairs. minjun gave minho a pep talk.

"don't be too mad or dad will catch on if he doesn't know already."

"nae, hyung arraso." minho replied.

"and try and make conversation because that gives it away too."

"arraso." he said not really paying attention.

"I'm sorry about your fight with you mom." eun mi said finally engaging conversation with minho.

minho didn't expect that she would talk to him so it caught him off guard causing him to forget the the korean language so he said." its alright it's not your fault." in english.

eun mi caught some words but she didn't truly understand his meaning.

minho looked at her confused face."riggght." he said in english.he for got she didn't understand fully yet. so he said in korean. "I mean, Gwen cha na it's not your fault." he replied quickly.

she smiled a sad smile at him.

As they entered the dinning area minho and his mom locked eyes. but he still politely bowed to her and his father. so did minjun and eun mi.

minho roughly took out his chair from underneath the table. pissed off. his mother rolled her eyes.

he sat down

"eun mi you so beautiful." she said looking at her red dress she wore to dinner.

"kamsahamnida abachi." she smiled shyly her face turning red.

minjun smiled at his fiancé. she was so cute.

Their father looked at minho he was pushing his food around on his plate he tended to do that when he was upset. yes his father could tell no matter how hard her tried to hide it. And to bet all his money and his position and founder  and presidency at  lee min company he knew his son and wife got into. he didn't even have to ask.they fought so frequently over the years that they gave this aura, this tension every single time they faught and it was always a buzz kill. especially at familey dinner.

" so minho how do you feel to have your brother home I know you missed him." he said trying to engage him in somthing other than misery.

minho looked up from his food.

"ahh it's good. I missed him. yeah." he said not really saying anything.

his father scoffed. "i guess misery loves it's company." he said to him self out loud.

There was an awkward silance.

No one said anything for a while.

"minho could you pass me the wine?" his mother asked.

You've got to be kidding?  minho looked at his mom and flat out said" no. its closer to you than it is me."

"not by alot. " she shot back.

minho was seriously about to blow his top off. his mom was pushing it minjun preyed silently no thing would happen. he Un squeezed his eyes to look at his insane brother and mother.

eun mi staired wide eyed she wasn't surprised she was just amazed how another familey could be like hers. and she she was going to be apart of it. so it a eased her alittle bit and she didn't feel out of place.

"Minho just get me the god damn wine she hissed."

that was it.

minho had enough.

you know  what here you go here Is your god damn wine! minho said standing up taking the  wine and slamming it in frunt of her from across the table.

"anything eles you would like me to slave over you for. not that I would do it willing bit I guess it doesn't hurt to demand considering the fact you get your way alot." he said sitting back down.

"LEE MINHO." their father yelled at minho.

minho looked his father in the eyes and backed down.

he just couldn't look at him like that without losing.

"mwoya? " he said quietly.

"you are seriously going to do this in frunt of company? he said in english.

eun mi found her self lost in there conversation and she felt outta place trying to understand what was being said.

"why do we have to talk in english why can't we just say it in korean?" he said in korean talking back to his father. He turned to attention to eun mi." sorry eun mi this is what our familey is like. I don't get along with my mom as you can tell and it causes a disaster."

"that is it I had enough of you! their mother got up. from the table screaming at minho "do you think that just because you talk back that you are somewhat stronger?! she laughed. "I don't care!you and leah will not be together and that's final you are not allowed to be nothing more than friends she's not even korean! not even a part! in our country it isn't common for a rich heir like your self to be committed to someone as such as her! so get over it and move on! she sighed. "yes me and your father let you throw your tantrums here and there but it's not like we will change our minds! she looked at him dead in his eyes so angery the most angery she has been "you are korean it is about time you start acting like it." and she smacked him in frunt of everyone. 
 

minhos head turned at the smack and he didn't move. because if he did he would hit her back.

minhos father sighed."eun mi could you please excuse us mianhamnida. " he said sweetley.

Their mother found her way back to her seat.

minjun wouldn't let go of her hand as she got up. he was scared.

"minjun ah." eun mi whispered.

minjun slowly let go.

although eun mi could probably still hear what was about to happen their father didn't want her to see it.

minho and Minjun's stood up from his head seat at the table.

"LEE MINHO. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?"  he screamed. his old father looked ancient but he had strength to yell at him. minho looked down at his food tail between his legs.

"IM SICK OF THIS IM SICK OF YOU AND YOUR MOTHER GOING HEAD TO HEAD. AND YOU BOTH HIT AN ALL NEW LOW BY DOING IT IN FRUNT OF PARK EUN MI THE FACE AND FUTURE OF PARK INTERNATIONAL COMPANY. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY JOKING RIGHT NOW?!!" He yelled.

nobody said anything.

"ANSWER ME WHEN IM TALKING TO YOU!"

Minjun staired at his poor brother looking more scared than minho was. minho looking down like that was a horrible scene to watch. but minjun had warned him but stubborn minho never listend.

"aniyo abachi." he voiced out.

"SO THIS IS THE A JOKE AND THIS WHOLE TIME YOU WERE SHOWING AN OF YOUR SELF FOREAL I  FRUNT OF PARK EUN MI HEIR TO PARK INTERNATIONAL COMPANY?" he said.  "AM I RIGHT?" he yelled when minho wouldn't answer right away."

"nae abachi." he whispered.

minhos father was fed up and he had had enough.

"WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT WITH YOU TWO NOW? BECAUSE OF THIS GIRL? THIS NON KOREAN GIRL."

"yo-bol I tould you that.." his mom said but was cut off...

"YOU I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT I TOULD YOU TO LEAVE IT ALL ALONE AND YOU HAVE NOT DONE WHAT WAS ASKED OF YOU YOU ARE MORE OBSESSED THAN MINHO IS ABOUT THIS GIRL. I SERIOUSLY DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HER SHE IS A NICE BEAUTIFUL AMERICAN GIRL WHO STRANGELY SPEAKS KOREAN."

"yo-bol..."

"WHAT DID I JUST SAY."

minjun didn't know how much more he could take seeing this bloodbath. he started to get up to go a company eun mi.

minhos father rage rised.

minjun bad move.

"MINJUN AH WHERE ARE YOU GOING GET YOU BACK IN HERE THIS IS A FAMILY MEETING YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS AS WELL."

feeling stupied minjun found his way back to his seat.

Their father sat back down in his chair and let his voice got down to normal.  about 65 million octaves down.

"now I came home to enjoy a good meal before I have to get back to bed and find my self to work in the morning I didn't ask for all this non sense here today
I've tould you and I've tould you both to keep it at bay around this table and company. that's all I've asked..." he sighed.

"yo-bol if you don't leave him alone about his friend...." he didn't finish but she panicked knowing what he was talking about.

"and minho your mother is right you are korean start acting like it it seems that while here in America you found freedom. but little did you know the chains are still attached to you and they always will be you are a heir to this familey here and that means you will run the American company when I leave for Europe and will marry a korean girl. let's say that you love leah and possibly is secretly hiding your guys relationship.  In the end it is going to be harder on you more than it will be her so I prey that you haven't went that far cos soon enough mabey not now but few years from now  you will be married. and if i find out that you and leah...." he paused. "Let's just say that would be cut short.

minhos face turned pale. and he felt trapped. and the only way out the only way he was thinking he could get out would be death or running away but he couldn't they would find him his father was a powerful man and he wouldn't nobody would want to try him at anything.

minjun looked at minho he hated feeling helplessness but the truth was this was their fate. and mabey like him his arranged fiancé would be good. mabey he could try and fall in love with someone other than leah I mean he tried and it worked out.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND LEE MINHO?" he yelled.

"nae arraso." he weakly said. 

There had to be a way out. There just had to.