Waiting

The Murderer Who Stole My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were sitting in a chair now, looking outside your window constantly. Never moving from your spot unless you needed to go to the bathroom which was rare since you still refused to eat or drink. Food was going into your system via the IV tubes connected to you and you hated it.

"Miss, someone's here to visit you again," your personal nurse came in to change your almost empty IV drop bag.

L came in with a little box in hand and a dashing smile on his face. His hair slightly messy from the wind outside. "Hey, why aren't you in bed?" L brought a chair over to sit next to you.

The nurse just observed the two of you with a slight smile on her face.

"I'm waiting," you bluntly said with a low and husky kind of voice.

L sighed, "I know I said I'll give you a week's time but the deadline's tomorrow. Don't you think L.joe won't show up?"

"He'll come, I'm sure of it. I hope…" you whispered towards the end. *Please come to me L.joe, I'm waiting for you.*

*She's so sure that he's alive it's unbelievable. Why can't she move on?* L's eyebrows furrowed a little.

"L," you whispered his name out of your parched and pale lips.

"Hmm?"

"Why are you so close to me?" you stared into his eyes this time. "In more ways than that."

L was taken off guard with this question but he remained his cool self in front of you. "I like you, what more is there to say ~~~~~-ah?" he smiled, slightly forced.

"I don't believe you," your voice came out harsh, not your intention at all.

"Believe what you want but I'm the only one on the planet that knows my own thoughts. What do you think?" he smiled but his eyes turned hard.

You broke your gaze off him and stared out the window once again, ignoring L's presence next to you. *Cocky bastard. I know he doesn't like me. He has a hidden motive.*

"I bought you something," L turned your chair to your back was facing the window.

Your eyes pierced holes into his face but he just shrugged you off, you couldn't beat him in a glaring competition.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter