Time (His Version)

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
As requested by Ginxuan, we shall now relive the past six months from Woo Hyun's POV.

====   “The number you have reached is no longer in service…”   Woo Hyun slowly lowered his hand, removing the cellphone from his ears. He let out a deep sigh while looking at the name displayed on the screen – the name he had constantly been dialing for the past few weeks to no avail. Every time he pressed the call button, he somehow hoped that her voice would greet him on the other side. However, it was impossible. He was the one who told her to change her number and deactivate her social media accounts. He regretted it, but knew it was better for her safety.   The door was opened as Key casually walked in. His hair was still wet and he had a towel around his shoulders. “Ya, Namu, are you still calling the deactivated number?” he asked. It had become a daily routine for his friend whenever they found free time. He was saddened, but grew frustrated as time went by.
  “Is it possible to reactivate a deactivated number?” Woo Hyun asked, some hope implied in his tone.
  “Pa bo, of course not!” Key said as he went to his friend and grabbed the phone from his hand and placed it somewhere else. “Stop trying! There’s a reason why she isn’t calling you back, okay?”   Woo Hyun was silenced, knowing there was truth in his words.
  “I’m guessing that it must’ve been difficult for her to make this decision. So the least you can do is to respect it and just let her go,” Key told him in his usual nagging tone. “Just, let it go. Walk away and slam the door.”
  Woo Hyun eyed his friend and his ‘Frozen’ reference. “Are you seriously using song lyrics from a Disney movie to tell me what to do?” he asked.
  Key shrugged. “It seemed appropriate, cause you need to let it go.” He started to dry his hair with his towel while humming a tune.   Woo Hyun stared at his phone on top of the desk and resisted the urge to dial her number. It was stupid, and he was well aware of it. He just wanted to know how she was doing. He just wanted to hear her voice as a reassurance she was not being teased. But Key was right; he had to give her some space. Even though he still liked her, perhaps it would be better to remain still.  

 

After a month had passed, NinetyOne were busy recording their performance for M! Countdown. Before they started their performance, the idols still had some time to interact with their fans.   “Yo, ma little freaks, are you enjoying yourselves?” Key asked as he started waving to the fans. He had a peculiar way of calling his fanbase. No one seemed to mind as everyone yelled crazily in response.
  “Make some noiseeee!!!!” Mir yelled as everyone started to scream a pitch higher than before.   Woo Hyun was holding the mic in his hand as his eyes kept scanning the crowd. Previously, he had told her he would be able to spot her in a crowd no matter what, and he was determined to keep his promise. He looked over the tiniest spots and the darkest corners, making sure he did not miss anything out. But no matter how many times he examined the place, he couldn’t find her.   “Ya, are you okay?” Dong Woon asked as he nudged his friend.
  “Yeah,” Woo Hyun immediately put up a smile. He turned to look at his fangirls and immediately proceeded to throw hearts in 10 different ways. Even though he was depressed, he was still an idol after all. Idols had to wear a mask despite their personal problems and appear happy in front of everyone else.   “Woo Hyun oppa, himnae!” he heard a fangirl shout. Woo Hyun’s eyes was immediately directed towards the owner of the voice. Somehow, the girl looked quite familiar to him.
  “Hey, isn’t that… What’s her name again?” Key asked as he bit his lips. “Eun Ji or something?”
  “I think so,” Woo Hyun nodded as he kept performing his fanservice to other directions.
  “Isn’t she friends with Hyun Mi?” Key asked.
  At hearing that, Woo Hyun stopped in his tracks as realization hit him. Before Key could hold his arm back, the young man had already made his way off stage to approach another lucky fangirl.
  Key slapped his forehead. He immediately cued to the other members to follow his lead and give some ‘special’ fanservice to some of their fans. At least this way, they would be able to cover up what Woo Hyun was doing and make it seem like it was a part of their show.   “Oh my goodness….” Eun Ji was silent as she stood face to face with Woo Hyun. Even though her bias was Key, but being approached by another handsome idol left her speechless.
  “Aren’t you friends with Hyun Mi?” Woo Hyun asked her quietly.
  Eun Ji immediately snapped out from her daze. “If you’re trying to reach her, I can’t help you with that. I’m sorry,” she said sternly, but with a hint of regret.
  “I understand,” Woo Hyun nodded. “Is she at least doing fine?”
  Eun Ji bit her lower lips, contemplating what to say. Should she tell the truth and say how Hyun Mi was no different from a living zombie? But Woo Hyun would be more worried if that were the case. “She’s doing good,” she opted to lie. “She’s doing better every single day.”   “I see,” Woo Hyun’s lips curved into a smile – a pained smile. “That’s good to hear.”
  Eun Ji watched the idol give her a small bow before returning back on stage. Seeing the way he acted, she knew that Woo Hyun was no different from Hyun Mi’s current condition. The two were living their life in agony; both hoping it would be better for the other. “Aish… Why can’t they just be together?”     After three months have passed, the group was scheduled to be the guests on Sunny’s FM Date radio show. They were quite surprised at Tae Yeon’s presence as the co-DJ for that night. Mir was extremely delighted, being a huge Tae Yeon fanboy. For the entire duration of the show, everything went smooth. They talked about their new songs, their busy schedule, asked questions about their members, and even got to pick their favorite SNSD members. That was until Sunny suddenly asked the dreaded question.   “Nam WooHyun-ssi,” the main DJ spoke in her usual cheery tone. She was reading the question from the script, but felt quite uncomfortable doing it. “We certainly can’t skip this topic.”
  “Ah… Can’t we?” Woo Hyun asked as he started to laugh. There was a certain fakeness in his tone that welcomed the question. In fact, he wished they wouldn’t talk about it at all.
  “What’s written in the script needs to be asked,” Sunny answered, apologetically. “So would you like to answer right away, or should I still pose the question?”
  “What is there to ask? It’s proven to be a false rumor,” Tae Yeon interrupted.
  “Exactly! Everything has been clarified by our company,” Jin Woon nodded.
  “Well, many people still seem to be curious about her identity though,” Sunny continued reading from the script. “Who is this Jang Hyun Mi, really?”   Woo Hyun kept quiet as he gave it some thought. Even if she couldn’t come to watch their performance, would she still be listening to the radio show?   “Jang Hyun Mi is like a toki,” he answered.
  “Toki? As in a rabbit?” Tae Yeon asked, surprised at his answer.
  “Yeah,” Woo Hyun nodded as he unknowingly started to smile. “Always happy and cheering people up – a great source of energy. That’s how I befriended her in the first place.”
  “So all your fans should be happy and cheery in order to get your attention?” Sunny asked.
  “Oh no, my fans will always capture my attention no matter what,” Woo Hyun was back in his greasy fanservice-giving mode.
  “No wonder you’re voted as the best idol of fanservice,” Sunny said. “M
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter