One Spring Day

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
On an early Friday morning, Hyun Mi stood at the bus stop, waiting for the vehicle to arrive. Luckily she didn’t have any classes that day and was done with her final exams. The sun beamed against her face as she looked up towards the cloudless sky, casting out a gleaming blue glow so beautifully. If she only had one opportunity to go out on a date with Nam Woo Hyun, the weather aided in making it more memorable.   The bus finally arrived as she clutched the strap of her small handbag against her shoulders. While holding unto her flittering skirt, she stepped unto the bus and saw how packed it was. It was an amazing weather after all – no wonder people wanted to go out. “Annyong haseyo,” she politely greeted the driver and paid her fare. Skillfully, she squeezed through towards the middle part of the bus and stood there holding the pole.   After a few minutes have passed, the bus arrived at its next stop. People got off, and others got on. Hyun Mi slightly glanced over her shoulders and saw a group of noisy guys chattering loudly get on. One of the guys noticed her looking and grinned. Hyun Mi flinched and quickly looked away, pretending to listen to the song from her phone that was in fact on mute. She wanted to seem unapproachable, but wanted to listen in case they formed a plan to abduct her.   “Hey there, cutie, what’s your name?” one of the guys asked as the whole gang approached her.
  Hyun Mi started to shiver at the nickname and did her best to remain composed.
  “Hi, I was talking to you.” One of the guys had the guts to take the earphone away from her ears. He smiled at the surprised girl. “Now that I see your face, you’re even cuter.”
  “Ha..ha… Thank you,” Hyun Mi said with a sheepish smile as she quickly tried to place her earphone back. She realized the bus had already made its next stop. Again, a suspicious looking person wearing all black clothes appeared. This was no good. She kept getting outnumbered at each stop.
  “What’s your name?” the guy asked in a flirty tone.
  “M-my name?” Hyun Mi awkwardly looked around her and noticed SNSD’s picture on the cover of a magazine. “Kim Tae Yeon.”
  The guy was surprised. “Like the singer Tae Yeon?”
  Hyun Mi nodded and looked away again, wishing they would just disappear.
  “So baby, you seem lonely. How about you have some fun with oppa and his friends?” the guy asked as he placed his hand around her.
  Hyun Mi literally quivered and made a disgusted face, as she tried to shrug his hand away, but realized he was using his strength.   “Is there a problem here?” a voice suddenly asked as Hyun Mi could feel the hand getting pulled away from her shoulders. She looked up to see the man in black – black hat, black pants, black jacket… Only his mask was white. Perhaps he was from a different gang.
  “Who do you think you are?” the inappropriate guy asked.
  “I’m the one she came with,” the guy dressed in black answered as he carefully placed an arm around her.
  Hyun Mi flinched again, somehow less intimidated by this guy. His touch felt familiar for some reason. The only other time she remembered someone placing his arms around her in such a mannered way was when Woo Hyun took the selfie with her during the talent show. At the realization, she gasped.
  “You are? She doesn’t seem pleased,” the inappropriate guy noted with a smug smile.
  “Oh, oppa you came?” Hyun Mi was quick to catch on. “What took you so long?”
  “Mianhe,” the mysterious guy answered.
  “Tch.” The guys got off during the next stop with displease at their defeat.   Hyun Mi carefully turned to the guy who immediately removed his hands from her. She tried to take a peek at his face, but realized he pulled his cap and lowered his face in hiding. Now she was certain it was him. “Thank you, oppa,” she said, since she couldn’t call him by his real name. People in the bus would go crazy if they found out Nam Woo Hyun was amongst them.
  “This is why I said we shouldn’t take the bus. I knew guys would hit on you,” Woo Hyun muttered from behind his mask. “You’re even wearing a dress today!”
  “Parking for a full day will be expensive,” Hyun Mi explained her reason.
  “Oh, are we staying for a full day?” Woo Hyun asked mischievously. “You wanna spend the whole day with me?”
  “Ah.. I…” Hyun Mi just realized she was assuming it on her own. “We’ll see about that.”   As soon as the bus stopped at the destination, they saw how it was busier than ever. People were walking from every direction towards every other direction. It looked daunting.
  Woo Hyun clasped her hands with his; making her feel an electrifying sensation she wasn’t prepared for. “Don’t get lost,” he said and led the way through the crowd.
  Hyun Mi quietly followed him with a small smile forming on her face.
  They kept walking until they finally reached the dest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter