Voice of My Heart

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Spare some time to read this long chapter so you can really feel the emotions :p And there's a soundtrack again! Enjoy~

=====

The injured idol was quickly brought to the infirmary as the others trailed behind him. Seeing the wound, the nurse quickly grabbed her equipment and proceeded to treat him.   “Will someone please explain what happened?” Mr. Kim asked as he gave the students a look. “That guy who got injured isn’t even a student here.”
  “Yes, but oppa, he’s an idol,” Ms. Song muttered, as if to say it was all right. She was very updated with the latest Hallyu wave anyway.
  “I apologize,” Hyun Mi slightly bowed her head. “I’m responsible for all the ruckus.”
  “Jang Hyun Mi?” all three teachers gaped in shock. Hyun Mi was known as the teacher’s pet who was usually on top of things. Sure she could be mischievous sometimes, but it was always harmless. Identifying her as the troublemaker somehow didn’t seem quite right.
  “I’m sure you have a good explanation for this,” Ms. Song said with a soothing voice.
  Hyun Mi fiddled with her fingers as she bit her lower lips, wondering how to explain. “Uuhm… You see…” she began hesitantly.
  “The guy who got injured is her boyfriend,” Il Hwa spoke on her behalf.
  “Oh, you found love?” Mr. Kang asked in a dramatic way.
  “You’re dating an idol?!” Ms. Song shouted, she seemed quite envious.
  Hyun Mi kept quiet. At this moment, she didn’t know if that was a good thing.
  “Yes. And his crazy fangirls were unhappy about it, so they attacked her,” Il Hwa once again answered for her.
  “I knew it!” Mr. Kim snapped. “It couldn’t have been Hyun Mi haksaeng!”
  “Well, are you okay now?” Mr. Kang asked, turning to the girl with worries.
  Hyun Mi gave a small nod. It wasn’t her they should be worried about.
  “If you have any questions regarding the event, I’d be happy to fill you in about it,” Il Hwa told the instructors. She turned to her friend and slightly cocked her head sideways, telling her to go check on Woo Hyun.  
Everyone was gathered around the patient bed as they kept watching Woo Hyun getting bandaged. Dong Woo was standing slightly further away. He couldn’t stand seeing all the blood. They slightly averted their attention to the door as Hyun Mi quietly entered the room.
  Seeing her appearance, Woo Hyun started to smile at once.
  “Please be more careful, next time,” the nurse said as she had finished bandaging him.
  “How is he?” Hee Jin asked as she noticed her cousin appearing besides her. Immediately, she placed an arm around her for comfort.
  “Thankfully the wound wasn’t too bad. But he needs some rest, so it will be best if you leave him alone,” the nurse told the students.
  “Leave him alone?” Baek Hyun asked. He seemed to be a little reluctant as Chan Yeol pulled him by his arm to exit the room.
  “Hyun Mi, you’ll stay, right?” Woo Hyun asked, his voice weaker than usual, but she could still sense some aegyo.
  “You should,” Dong Woo told his sister. “Just call me when you’re done, so we can go home together. I’ll be at the dance studio.”   Hyun Mi waited until everyone left the room, the very last person being Baek Hyun who froze at the doorframe for a few seconds. She was sure he had something to say, but Chan Yeol already pulled him away. Turning to Woo Hyun, she saw the latter smile at her.   “Hi,” Woo Hyun simply said as he patted on the empty space besides him. He was quite disappointed as he saw her pull up another chair and sat down right in front of him instead.
  “How are you feeling?” Hyun Mi finally spoke. She didn’t have the courage to look him in the eyes. She blamed herself for his injury.
  “I’m feeling better now,” Woo Hyun answered. “You know why?”
  “Why?”
  “Cause you’re here with me.”
  Hyun Mi could feel the thumping of her heartbeat. It was strange how he managed to make her feel this way even after four months of dating. She quickly wiped the smile away from her face. “You’re so greasy,” she uttered.
  “But you still fell for it,” Woo Hyun made his point. “Hey, you know what could really make me feel better?”
  “What?” she asked, somehow expecting another cheesy answer.
  “Chicken soup.”
  “Chicken soup?”
  “A wise person once told me that chicken soup could cure any kind of sickness,” Woo Hyun said, looking at her with a teasing grin.
  Hyun Mi couldn’t help but chuckle. She remembered the day when she brought him chicken soup just because his arm was injured. Little did she know that it was a better cure against the cold.
  “It only works if you make it though,” Woo Hyun continued. “I was miraculously healed thanks to you.”
  Hyun Mi could only heave a sigh. “And it’s also because of me that you got hurt,” she quietly muttered inaudibly so that Woo Hyun couldn’t hear.   “Ah! I remember!” Woo Hyun suddenly exclaimed.
  Hyun Mi looked up at him in shock. For a sick person, he was quite cheery and a little noisy.
  “When I was in Japan, I actually bought a present for you,” Woo Hyun said.
  “You did?” Hyun Mi asked. Her heart ached. She wished he didn’t.
  “As soon as I saw it, it reminded me of you,” Woo Hyun grinned. “It’s a blue rabbit doll.”
  Hyun Mi stared at him lifelessly. She wanted to smile, but she just couldn’t. “Why are you telling it to me? Shouldn’t it be a surprise?” she asked.
  “When and how I give it will still be a surprise,” Woo Hyun answered. “You’d probably cry out of happiness anyway.”
  Hyun Mi let a small smile escape her lips. It was quite amazing how Woo Hyun had picked up her habits or learned so much about her in their short time of dating. Likewise, she had also noticed a few things about him that the interview questions or the 101 fun facts could never have told her. He did not do that much aegyo in real life – unless he really wanted to get something. He was a pretty blunt person with his words and actions, sometimes speaking his mind out loud. His behavior changed from the charming idol to the adorable son whenever he was with his family. It was all those quirks that made her like him even more.   “Paransaek toki…” Woo Hyun suddenly muttered. “I haven’t called you that ever since that time.”
  “I guess that nickname never really grew on me,” Hyun Mi said.
  “That’s all right, I can still call you that from now on, toki ya~” Woo Hyun said as he tousled her hair. He then caught his hands entangled in the slimy egg yolk. At once, he made a face and looked at her in panic. “I forgot it was still there…”   Hyun Mi let out a laugh seeing him trying to find a tissue, but panicking even more when he couldn’t. She helped him grab a nearby tissue box behind her and handed it to him. “I thought it was quite obvious since I’m in such a messy state,” she said as she flipped her hair, but failed as it was too engulfed with the stickiness.
  “I didn’t notice, cause you looked too beautiful to me,” Woo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter