As Good As It Gets

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“You did WHAT?!?!?!” Hae In yelled form the top of her lungs.
Hyun Mi had to cover her ears and back away from her loud voice. She glanced over at Joon who just remained calm, steady in his seat next to Hae In. “How are you not deaf yet?” she asked.
  “You start to get used to it,” Joon shrugged.
  “I can’t believe you were that mean to my unnie,” Hae In said. She was in disbelief after Hyun Mi explained her plan to her cousins and Joon.
  “Yeah, you gave me a heart attack,” Hee Jin said.
  “I told you I’m sorry already! It’s not like we’re breaking our family bond,” Hyun Mi said dramatically. “If you want, you guys can come back to our team.”   “I shall discuss with Min Seok oppa first,” Hee Jin said as she grinned. “But thanks though, even though I am hurt.”   “Yes Hyun Mi, this is not how I raised you,” Joon suddenly said.
  “Sorry, dad,” Hyun Mi muttered.
  Hae In’s eyes widened in shock as she looked back and forth between the two. “What kind of secret code are you guys talking in?!” she asked.
  “Remember how I told you I knew him from our drama?” Hyun Mi asked. “He played my dad.”
  “Ahhh…” Hae In nodded calmly. Once again her eyes widened accompanied by a loud gasp. “If he is the father, who is the mother???? There must’ve been a mother, right?!?!”   Hyun Mi slowly backed off, unwilling to answer after seeing her reaction.
  “Jun Hyo Sung,” Joon calmly answered while taking a sip of his milk, totally not understanding the situation.
  Hyun Mi slapped her own forehead. She immediately cleared and got up on her feet. “I need to go home now. I sense that my mom is calling me telepathically. Okay, bye~” she quickly escaped.
  Hee Jin scrunched her eyebrows at her cousin and waved at her.
  “JUN HYO SUNG???? WHO IS THAT?!?!!” Hae In yelled as she looked like she was about to transform into the female version of the incredible Hulk.
  Joon almost choked on his drink, seeing the laser beams coming from Hae In’s eyes. He felt her glare piercing right through his.
  “I-I… I need to go too,” Hee Jin finally understood the situation and quickly escaped.
  “No, wait! Don’t go…” Joon wailed as he stretched an arm out to his only hope.
  “I shall look her up and…. And….” Hae In started to look for a punishment.
  “Hae In ah… How about we skip today’s lesson and go outside to have some fun?” Joon suddenly asked, his voice slightly a whimper.
  “What do you mean?” Hae In asked, still giving him a death glare.
  “Lets go on a date?” Joon tried.
  “Okay~” Hae In’s rage was calmed. “Lets go!”
  Joon breathed out a long sigh of relief. “I’m safe…” he said while panting.  

 

As Hyun Mi was walking home, she wondered whether she really did go too far with Hee Jin. Sometimes she did use very extreme ways to make things work, not really thinking of the side effects at the moment. In that case, maybe she should give something to Hee Jin as a peace offering. She started to make mental notes about possible gifts while dozing off, not realizing that she had already arrived in front of her house.   “Hey!” A voice suddenly greeted her from the side.
  “Ah! Oh my gosh!” Hyun Mi yelled as she jumped up in shock. She glared at the person giving her a fright, but her anger quickly turned into a mix of confusion and happiness. “Nam Woo Hyun?!”
  “Sorry, did I scare you?” he asked with a laugh as he was still on his motorcycle, one hand on its steer while the other was holding his helmet. The casual clothes he was wearing made him seem more human-like since she usually saw him in his stage outfit or his airport fashion. Even so, this guy should really be banned from wearing a V neck shirt and exposing his collarbone too much.
  Hyun Mi cleared , after realizing her mind had wandered elsewhere. “What are you doing here? This is still my… house… right?” she checked on the building in front of her.
  “I was just in the area and saw you approaching,” Woo Hyun answered.
  Hyun Mi squinted her eyes and gave him a suspicious look. “Are you stalking me?” she asked.
  Woo Hyun let out a laugh at her comment. “Ya, you wished,” he said.   “Anyway, I got tired from all the practices so I wanted to go out and have some fun. You wanna join me?” Woo Hyun asked.
  Hyun Mi was perplexed at his offer. “Are you even allowed? What if people recognize you?” she asked as she checked her watch. It was just 6 PM, a good time for people to walk out on the streets of Seoul.
  “I’m going to my hyung’s restaurant and see my parents as well. They’re closing the restaurant off to customers today, so it should be fine,” Woo Hyun said as he had carefully calculated every thing.
  “Then shouldn’t it be off limits for me as well?” Hyun Mi asked.
  “You…” Woo Hyun pointed at her and laughed in a way that showed his dimples, “Are a special guest.”
  Hyun Mi could feel her cheeks turning red at his words. “I’d go, but I don’t…” she trailed off. She wanted to say helmet, but then she remembered that she did have one.
  “I told you you’d need it,” Woo Hyun tol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter