This Song

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The day after the talent show, classes resumed like usual and everything seemed to be the same… Until…   “Annyong~” Baek Hyun greeted cheerfully as he placed a small and beautifully wrapped box on Hyun Mi’s table.
The girl looked up in shock, as she was busy doing homework that was due in a month. “What’s this?”
“A present for you.” Baek Hyun couldn’t wipe the grin off his face.
Hyun Mi gave him a doubtful look as she slowly picked the box up and started shaking it vigorously. She was testing whether a living animal would be in it, but it seemed safe. She couldn’t really hear anything and it was very light.
“Just open it, you’re gonna like it,” Baek Hyun said eagerly.
  Hyun Mi obeyed as she unwrapped the box. As she took the lid off, she flattened her eyes in annoyance. “What’s this?” she asked as she held the present up.
  “My picture~” Baek Hyun answered with a weird pose. “Since you said my aegyo was better, you can look at it anytime you want.”
  Hyun Mi was speechless as she stared at the picture of Baek Hyun doing an aegyo pose. She immediately regretted choosing him as the winner. “Ya, you wanna know the real reason why I picked you? It’s cause Nam Woo Hyun had so much fans already, so I didn’t want to disappoint your fans at school.”
  Baek Hyun kept smiling as he started poking her cheek. “Don’t lie to yourself now,” he said and started to laugh.
  Hyun Mi slapped his hand away. Regret… Regret… Regret…   “Remember the thing I wanted to tell you if I won?” Baek Hyun suddenly asked.
  “Oh, yes!” Hyun Mi said. This was one of the things she was looking forward to after losing the competition.
  “You’ll have to wait though. I’m performing at Min Seok hyung’s café tonight. You should come and watch!” Baek Hyun said.
  “Hmm, I’ll have to go to the grocery store first though. My mom asked me to run an errand,” Hyun Mi said unsurely.
  “Correction, you HAVE to come and watch! What if I’ll start doing aegyo?” Baek Hyun teased.
  Hyun Mi sighed in frustration. “I’ll come if you stop it,” she threatened.
  “Araso,” Baek Hyun said as he pointed at his picture. “But you know where to find it, if you need it.”  

 

After class had ended, Hyun Mi quickly parted with her friends as she headed towards the grocery store. With Baek Hyun’s performance coming up, she had a time limit now. Thankfully, the distance between the campus, her house, and Café Exolicious was very short. She could make it on time.   “Aigoo, umma… If you want me to buy so many items, you should’ve asked Dong Woo oppa to accompany me…” Hyun Mi muttered to herself as she was putting yet another item into her shopping basket. It was getting too heavy for her too carry, so she basically just swiped it across the floor while getting some weird stares from people around her. As if things weren’t bad enough, she also had to buy a bag of rice.

“Haaa… They don’t even have the small bags…” Hyun Mi felt like crying as she saw that the rice bags were almost as big as herself. She attempted to pick one up, using all the energy she had left in her, even adding a battle cry for extra power. However, it did not help as her hands slipped off the rice bag and she accidentally bumped the person behind her, feeling how the person quickly supported her from falling over.

“Oh, thanks, and sorry… But thanks,” Hyun Mi said as she bowed to the person.
  She heard the person snort a laugh. “Can’t make up your mind?”
  It was a voice that was too familiar to her. She looked up to the guy wearing the sunglasses in store. If someone wore sunglasses indoors, it could only be an idol. “Nam Woo Hyun?” she asked and was unable to hide her smile.   “Ssh… I’m in disguise,” Woo Hyun immediately hushed her.
  Hyun Mi stared at him in amazement. “Why are you here?” she asked.
  “Why? Don't you like it?” Woo Hyun asked her.
  “Anio! I must be the luckiest fangirl for always meeting you so coincidentally,” Hyun Mi answered. “How is it possible?”
  “Well, if you did some more research, you would know that our dorm is close here. It’s at-”
  “Ahhh! Don’t say it!” Hyun Mi immediately stopped him before he revealed his address. “If you do, I’m afraid I won’t be able to control myself from stalking you.”
  “Come, it’s an open invitation,” Woo Hyun challenged her as he mentioned his full address.
  Hyun Mi pretended to not listen, but her mind was mentally reciting it so she won
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter