Close The Door

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Several weeks into the relationship, the WooMi couple did their best to keep everything as secret as possible. Whenever Hyun Mi wanted to visit NinetyOne, she made sure that other fangirls were there with her so she wasn’t alone. When she watched along at a filming site, she was introduced as a stylist or make-up artist to cover her identity. Even so, there were some fans who speculated otherwise and started to dig out this mysterious girl’s identity – not realizing she had already been exposed in the past.   That day, Woo Hyun was finally given a free day with the absence of any schedule. Since going on a date in public places was too risky, Jung Ryeol somehow thought that staying at the dorm was safer. To their surprise, he was the one who invited Hyun Mi over, providing her with the address and a complete list of instructions to get there.   Hyun Mi was well prepared wearing an outfit that hid her from top to bottom. It would’ve been perfect – except that it was summer. And people don’t wear such clothes during the hot weather. Once again, her idea of wearing a perfect disguise was terribly mistaken.   She arrived at the front of door of the apartment and kept checking her phone to match the instruction given to her. Having a bad sense of direction had always been one of her traits – even a map could not save the poor girl’s life. Even at this very moment, she was conflicted whether she had found the right destination or not. To knock or not to knock, that was the question.   As she raised her hand, the door was suddenly opened. She was baffled at the impeccable timing.
  Mir stood there, just as shocked as she was. His eyes widened in shock as horror struck him. “Omo… Omo…. A sasaeng fan? You can have my underwear, but please don’t hurt me,” he blabbered as he shielded his face in fear.
  “Mwo? Underwear?” Hyun Mi repeated as she took off her shades, hat and scarf. “Cheol Yong oppa, it’s me.”
  “Hyun Mi? Why are you dressed like that? You scared me,” Mir let out a sigh of relief after realizing her identity. It seems like he had a traumatic experience with sasaeng fans.
  “Isn’t this how an idol disguises oneself?” she asked innocently.
  Mir raised an eyebrow as he started to laugh at her ridiculousness. “Who taught you that? Is it Woo Hyun? He’s not the best dresser, so don’t learn from him,” he told her. He opened the door letting her in, peered once at the outside surrounding, and then closed it again.   “This is your first time coming here, isn’t it?” Mir asked, watching her take off the rest of her silly disguise. He pointed towards the clothing rack for her to hang up her oversized trench coat.
  “It is!” Hyun Mi just realized. Woo Hyun had invited her over several times, always openly announcing the address to her, but she haven’t found a perfect time to do so. Now, she was finally able to see the idols’ living condition.
  “We cleaned up the dorm because we knew you’d come,” Mir told her proudly.
  Hyun Mi’s eyes immediately scanned the small hallway they were in. All the shoes were neatly organized in a shoe rack or placed on the floor in a perfect straight line. Mir then opened another door as the living room came in full view. She noted how everything had a clean sparkle to it, along with a sweet smelling aroma of vanilla and lavender. They actually did clean.   “Who is it?” Jin Woon asked, eyes glued to the TV. He, along with the other members, was watching a rerun of Key’s We Got Married global edition. It was the episode where Key and his onscreen wife, Yagi Arisa, would get married on a cruise ship.
  “Annyong haseyo,” Hyun Mi greeted them all.
  “Annyong Hyun Mi,” came their monotone greeting.
  “You made it! I was afraid you’d get lost,” Woo Hyun appeared besides her as he cupped her face.
  “I was, that’s why I’m a little late,” Hyun Mi gave him a sheepish grin. True, she had taken the inbound bus instead of the outbound one. The wrong choice led her further away from her destination, resulting in a half hour wasted.   “Next time, we should have Jung Ryeol hyung pick you up,” Woo Hyun suggested.
  “What?!” Jung Ryeol asked in shock. “That’s not part of my job description.”
  “Anio, that would be too troublesome,” Hyun Mi said as she eyed Woo Hyun with a mischievous glint. “You always ask other people to pick me up. Why don’t you do it yourself?”
  “Ooooohhhh,” the other members cooed.
  “Ya, I did! You rode on my motorcycle more often than all the other members combined,” Woo Hyun was flustered. Anyone could tell he was putting extra effort to defend his title as a good boyfriend.
  “I know. Gomawo, Nam Woo Hyun~” Hyun Mi smiled as she patted his head like a child. Then she snickered to herself while heading to the others.
  Woo Hyun was unwilling to let her go that easily. He quickly grabbed her wrist and spun her towards him, closing the gap as he placed his hand on her waist. “Isn’t it ‘oppa’ for you? I heard you call Cheol Yong oppa before. I’m older than him, you know,” he was practically whispering.
  His deep voice merged with the huskiness made her heart beat faster and faster. Hyun Mi noticed they were just inches apart, and it made her nervous, especially as he flashed her a killer smile. She had to get away fast before she would be drawn in by his hypnotizing charm.

“Get a room, you two!” Key yelled while throwing a pillow at them.
  “You’re just jealous,” Woo Hyun swiftly dodged the attack.
  “Anio! I have my wife. Look!” Key pointed at the TV.
  They automatically all turned to the TV and saw Key being all lovey-dovey with his on screen wife. This was the part where Woo Hyun and Dong Woon arrived at the wedding venue and met Yagi Arisa for the first time. Woo Hyun had gone off to offer to warm her hands by offering her a hot pack, or his own hands.
  “Eish, look at you being so greasy even to other people’s wives,” Hyun Mi shook her head as she jerked him, giving him a glare in the process.
  “Even though it’s cute, but don’t be jealous,” Woo Hyun said as he pinched her cheeks.
  “Wow! What would you have done if Woo Hyun was the one who got casted for We Got Married?” Mir asked.
  “Didn’t he get an offer?” Dong Woon added.
  Hyun Mi’s eyes shot wide open in shock. She turned to Woo Hyun with an alarming look.
  “I’d turn it down, of course,” Woo Hyun said with no hesitation.
  “I would recommend the producers to let Cheol Yong do it,” Jung Ryeol supported.
  “YESSSS!!!! I wanna film it with Tae Yeon noona!!!” Mir yelled out cheerily, as if it was really going to happen. “Oh please oh please let me do itttt!!!!”   “Don’t worry, I’m not gonna do it,” Woo Hyun reassured again, noting the troubled look on Hyun Mi’s face. “I’d rather film MNET Scandal again, and have you be the girlfriend this time.”
  “Oh right, you did film MNET Scandal once,” Hyun Mi just remembered. It was a show where celebrities had to pretend to go out with a common citizen, who was carefully chosen through auditions.
  “Wrong thing to say, dude,” Jin Woon shook his head.
  “Is this going to be World War three?” Dong Woon asked, looking at the couple with anticipation. After witnessing Hyun Mi’s jealousy last time at the family restaurant, they were well aware this might not end well.
  “I guess we should hide now,” Mir said as he stood behind Dong Woon, using him as a shield.
  “A-Anio.. I meant..” Woo Hyun stammered as he had a nervous smile on his face. It was at times like these where he thought he understood girls, but didn’t.
  Hyun Mi scoffed a laugh. “Ya, am I intimidating?”
  “They say the small ones are the most unpredictable,” Key said, referring to her petite frame.
  “And dangerous,” Mir whispered in a creepy way.
  Hyun Mi rolled her eyes at their exaggeration. “Anyway, I wouldn’t do the show with you. If any of your fangirls found out, I’d be dead meat by now,” she shivered at the thought.
  “No you won’t,” Woo Hyun told her confidently while giving her hand a soft squeeze. “I’ll protect you.”   Hyun Mi couldn’t help but start blushing as he gave her a heartfelt gaze. She bashfully faced the ground to avoid those beautiful eyes. She remembered the conversation they had in the infirmary where he told her the exact same words. However, the situation felt different. There was a certain assurance in his words that convinced her he could really protect her this time.
“Okay, so you guys are free for the day. I gotta go to Woollim to... Uuhm… Take care of something,” Jung Ryeol told them.
They all gave him questioning looks, but decided not to ask. They figured it was probably some business related stuff they did not want to meddle with.
  “If you wanna go out, make sure to go unnoticed.”
  “We won’t go out. We wanna stay here and pester Woo Hyun,” Jin Woon smirked.
  “Someone needs to keep an eye on him,” Key grinned.
  “We’re just worried about Hyun Mi, that’s all,” Dong Woon added innocently.
  Woo Hyun flattened his eyes at them. He expected they would want to stay, but he didn’t think they’d actually stay.
  On the other hand, Hyun Mi clasped her hand together in delight. Spending time with the whole NinetyOne band? It still was a dream come true. She’s still a fangirl after all.
  “Technically,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter