I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
These 2AM song titles are the best for sad chapters...

===   Hyun Mi blinked at Baek Hyun several times as she tried to process everything. Her mind was so jumbled to the point where she lost the ability to speak. This was her friend – not just any friend, he was her best friend.   “Hyun Mi? Did you hear me or should I say it one more time?” Baek Hyun asked.
  Hyun Mi immediately held a finger to his mouth to stop him from talking. Hearing it once was enough to set her mind on rampage.
  “Please say something,” Baek Hyun said as he looked at his watch, “Two minutes have passed already.”
  Hyun Mi sighed as she fixed her eyes on his. “Baek Hyun ah, this is so out of the blue…” she began.
  “No, it’s not. Everyone knows about this about this except for you,” Baek Hyun shot back at her.
  “Everyone knows?” Hyun Mi asked in surprise.
  “I told you the girl I like was a pa bo,” Baek Hyun muttered.
  “Well I’m sorry that I’m slow with stuff like these,” Hyun Mi said.
  “It’s okay. I told you it was cute. Annoying, but still cute.” Baek Hyun slightly smiled.
  Hyun Mi was not used to hearing her friend say those words about her. Perhaps, she will never be able to get used to it.   “So what’s your answer?” Baek Hyun asked after a moment of silence again.
  “You want me to answer right here right now?” Hyun Mi was startled.
  “That’s how it goes.” Baek Hyun nodded.
  Hyun Mi made a whiny noise. She was never good at rejecting a guy, but this was a whole different case. She couldn’t do this to her best friend. “Baek Hyun, I’m sorry…” she quietly said.
  Baek Hyun flinched a little as his face started to tense up. “What do you mean you’re sorry?”
  “You’re my best friend. I don’t want to jeopardize our friendship,” Hyun Mi began.
  “What? You’re so unfair! You jeopardized our friendship since a long time ago!” Baek Hyun yelled in disbelief. “I stopped seeing you as ‘a friend’ since a long time ago.”
  “And how is that my fault?” Hyun Mi started raising her voice.
  “Cause you just had to be all cute and attractive,” Baek Hyun said, still with a glare.
  Hyun Mi was speechless as she just stared at him, feeling sorrier than ever. She was scared what this would do to them as friends. At least, in her eyes they were still friends.   “Then answer me one thing,” Baek Hyun broke the silence. “Why did you let me kiss you?”
  Hyun Mi’s eyes widened in shock as she thought back of the talent show incident. “N-no I didn’t,” she denied.
  “If Bomi didn’t appear, you would’ve let me kissed you,” Baek Hyun repeated.
  “No, I didn’t.” She was still in denial.
  “Yes, you did!”
  “No! I did not!”
  “Yes, you did!”
  “No!”
  Baek Hyun grew frustrated as he placed his arms on both her shoulders and leaned closer towards her face.
  Hyun Mi gasped a little but remained fixed her place, not even bulging a little.
  “Why didn’t you move away?” Baek Hyun asked in a low whisper. “Would you have allowed it, again?”
  Hyun Mi awkwardly looked around her before she slowly pushed him away. “I guess I got carried away by the atmosphere,” she answered and looked at him with piercing eyes. “But I’ve always considered you as a friend, nothing more.”
  Baek Hyun shut his eyes as he placed his hand against his head. She could tell he was hurt. She was too.   “Is this because of that idol? Nam Woo Hyun?” Baek Hyun asked again.
  “W-what?” Hyun Mi was caught by surprise.
  “It’s because you like him, don’t you?” Baek Hyun asked.
  “I didn’t say that,” Hyun Mi answered.
  “You didn’t deny it!” Baek Hyun said. He placed his fingers against his chin. “Maybe I’ll still have a chance if I become an idol as well.”
  “Wait, what?” Hyun Mi was confused at what this was turning into.
  “I’ve always wanted to be a singer, so I might as well,” Baek Hyun muttered to himself.
  “What are you talking about?” Hyun Mi asked.
  Baek Hyun turned and pointed his finger at her. “This isn’t over yet!”
  “But… I though I just… reje-
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter