Honesty

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The early morning mist began to clear away as the day was greeted by the radiant sunlight. Birds started to chirp a cheerful tune outside – a noise that immediately woke Hyun Mi up. The girl sat straight up in her bed with a blank expression on her face. Last night, she dreamt a beautiful dream about spending time with her idol which ended up to a confession and her newly relationship status.   “Was it a dream?” she questioned herself and scrunched her eyebrows. Her fingers slowly touched the tip of her lips, remembering what had happened in the rain. She could still feel her heart race at the thought of it. With amazing speed, she hurried out of her bed, trying to find a confirmation. The only place to do that was her brother’s room.   Hyun Mi placed her hand on the doorknob, slowly turning it to allow herself entrance to his room. Dong Woo was her exact opposite – he was a heavy sleeper and wouldn’t wake up from the heaviest noises. Her eyes immediately diverted towards the side of his bed and she scoffed a small laugh.   “So it wasn’t a dream…” Hyun Mi trailed off at the sight of a sleeping Woo Hyun. He looked so tired and was curled up in a ball behind his blankets. She couldn’t deny that he looked absolutely adorable.   That’s when her crazy fangirl antics kicked in. This moment was too precious to pass by. When else would she ever have a chance to see her idol sleeping from so up close? Biting her lips in a mischievous way, she took out her phone and got the camera ready. She snickered an evil laugh as she positioned her phone at a nice angle to capture him.   “Ah!” Hyun Mi slightly gasped at the sound of the snapshot. She scowled to herself for forgetting to turn the sound off. The photo itself was out of focus, meaning she had to redo it. Once again she positioned her phone and got ready to attempt another shot. The second before her finger pressed the button, she noticed Woo Hyun’s lips curve into a smile as he held up a peace sign against his eyes. She gasped in shock. Was he awake?   Woo Hyun slowly opened his eyes, immediately seeing her staring back at him with an oh-so-innocent smile. “Didn’t anyone tell you it’s impolite to take pictures of people when they’re sleeping?” he asked her in a teasing tone.
  “I-I wasn’t. I was taking pictures of myself,” Hyun Mi made up and deliberately pretended to fix her hair.
  “And you couldn’t do that in your own room?” Woo Hyun eyed her with a grin. He got up and slouched his back against the bedframe while patting the space besides him.
  Hyun Mi took that as a sign and occupied the space. Just being next to him made her blush. “Did I wake you up?” she asked him.
Woo Hyun just smiled as he ruffled her hair. “Next time, if you secretly want to take pictures, don’t laugh to yourself,” he told her. “That gave it away.”
  Hyun Mi gave him a sheepish smile. “Mianhe,” she apologized.   They both decided it felt weird to talk with Dong Woo’s unconscious presence. Even though he wasn’t disturbed, his occasional snoring and random sleeptalk did disturb them. The two spend the next few minutes to get ready and exited the house. Her mom was still sleeping, so Woo Hyun had no chance to personally thank her for her hospitality and trusted Hyun Mi to pass on the message.   “So what now?” Hyun Mi asked as she eagerly faced him. The two were now walking along the empty streets in her neighborhood. The only people present at 8 AM on a weekend were the older ahjummas who were doing their morning jogs. Woo Hyun was geared up with all his disguises, just in case anyone would notice.
  “I actually have some schedules today,” he answered, seeing a spark of disappointment in her eyes.
  “Drama?”
  Woo Hyun was quite surprised at how much she knew. “Yes,” he nodded.
  “Can I come?” Hyun Mi excitedly asked.
  “Hm, maybe next time.” Woo Hyun noticed her expression turn sulky. He patted her head in a loving way. “I have to talk to the manager and PD first. So next time you can come and watch the shooting, not as a fangirl, but as my girlfriend.”
  Hyun Mi flinched a little as he stared back at her with a gentle smile. Somehow, hearing the words ‘girlfriend’ or ‘dating’ come from his mouth still send her some jittery feelings. “Is it okay for them to know?” she asked.
  “Yeah,” Woo Hyun nodded. “A lot of idols are dating nowadays, but only the industry insiders know about it.”
  “Really???” The news came as a great shock to Hyun Mi.
  “But they are trustworthy people, cause their job depends on it,” Woo Hyun said. “It’s fine as long as the fangirls don’t find out.”
  Hyun Mi gasped dramatically. True, she was so happy at her fairytale story that she forgot the fact about fellow fangirls. She couldn’t and didn’t even want to imagine what would happen if they were ever to discover.
  Woo Hyun felt her getting nervous. He took her hand in his and gave her a small comforting squeeze. “Don’t worry. I’ll protect you if anything were to happen,” he said.
  Hyun Mi smiled, feeling some reassurance by his words. “Still, we gotta be smart and can’t be caught,” she said wisely.
  Woo Hyun nodded as he suddenly pulled her in for an embrace. He wrapped his arms around her waist and tightened his grip, unable to contain his feelings.
  “Y-ya…. I said we couldn’t be caught….” Hyun Mi quietly said. She had no power to fight against him since she was secretly enjoying his affection as well. He could probably feel her heart beating from such a close distance.
  “I know, that’s why I need to do it now before it starts getting crowded,” Woo Hyun said as he finally let go of her and threw his hands up in the air. “I’ll start being smart from now on.”
  Hyun Mi chuckled at his stubbornness.   “I’ll have to leave now before the manager starts looking for me. And I really don’t wanna hear Ki Bum’s nagging,” Woo Hyun said.
  “Okay,” Hyun Mi said with no excitement in her tone. This was the consequence of dating an idol after all. “See you next time.”
  Woo Hyun smiled at her as he once again proceeded to give her a tight hug.
  “Ya! You said-” Hyun Mi trailed off as she was putting some struggle this time.
  “Sorry, I’ll start being smart from now on,” Woo Hyun chuckled at his mischief. “I’ll call you~”
  Hyun Mi laughed as she waved at him, watching him take his bus and leave. She sighed, not knowing when that ‘next time’ would be. Dating an idol was a lot harder than she expected. However, since she was up anyway, she decided to head elsewhere.  

 

Café Exolicious wa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter