Inconvenient Truth

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[Breaking] Nam Woo Hyun reported to be in a relationship   Media outlet ‘Dispatch’ has dropped the news that the main vocal of NinetyOne is in a relationship. The person he is dating is not a fellow celebrity, but an ordinary college student by the name of Jang Hyun Mi. However, she has made quite a name for herself by appearing as one of the female leads in the Good Luck music video. Upon further investigation, there is a possibility that she was merely a fangirl before their relationship. During one of NinetyOne’s concerts, Nam Woo Hyun used his special solo stage to present a special gift to a fangirl, who is revealed to be Jang Hyun Mi. Fancams and pictures have captured his girlfriend attending numerous NinetyOne events. The deciding moment happened last week at the airport as many eyewitnesses watched Nam Woo Hyun coming to her aid. We have yet to get a confirmation from the representative agency, but we are quite positive it is true.   Congratulations to the new couple!     Hyun Mi looked at her laptop screen in despair. Her mouse kept clicking the refresh button, hoping that the article would miraculously disappear. But it didn’t. The comments on the page kept coming, but she was too afraid to see what was being said. Mixed emotions kept flooding throughout her entire being: annoyance, worries, fear… The worst part was that Woo Hyun wasn’t here at the moment.   “Hyun Mi!” Dong Woo loudly knocked on the door before letting himself in. He saw the sight of his sister crouched on the ground next to the laptop. “My friends told me about the news. Are you all right?” He immediately ran up to her and placed an arm around her for comfort.
  “Why did they have to put my name down so publicly?” Hyun Mi questioned as she heaved a deep sigh. At least if it were just some pictures, she would feel a little safer.
  “At least you’re famous now?” Dong Woo’s made a poor attempt at a joke. He helped her to sit down on her bed.
  “Can I stay at home today?” Hyun Mi asked, looking at him with hopeful eyes.
  Dong Woo just gave her an apologetic smile. “You know we have the sport championship today. You can’t miss out on that,” he said while holding her hand in his.
  “I know,” Hyun Mi sighed. “If only they released this article a few days later…”
  “Don’t worry, I’ll be with you,” Dong Woo said as he gave her a pat on the back. “No one shall lay a finger on you. Now go change.”
  Hyun Mi smiled. Her brother’s words managed to calm her down for the moment. She watched him leave before she started to change into her sports attire.   Her cellphone suddenly started to ring a cheerful NinetyOne song. Hoping that it was Woo Hyun, she immediately rushed to pick it up. She had not heard from him at all ever since the news was released. Hearing his voice would be able to wash away her fears and worries.
  “Yoboseyo?” she asked.
  It was silent on the other side. She got an eerie feeling that this wasn’t Woo Hyun.
  “Y-yobesyo?” she repeated, this time more hesitant.
  “Go die.”
  Hyun Mi blinked a few times as she was now listening to the beeping sound after the caller hung up. Slowly, she pulled the cellphone away from her ear and looked at the caller ID. It was an unknown number. Clenching the phone tightly in her hand, she knew what this meant. She didn’t have to read the comments to know: the majority of fans were now against her.
 

 

The sky was emitting a beautiful blue glow as the sunlight was shining gloriously. It was a perfect weather that contrasted Hyun Mi’s heavy and gloomy heart. Nonetheless, it was still an ideal condition to hold the Sports Championship. The sport field of the campus had gone through a dramatic change as the audience seats were beautifully decorated and everything was cleaned up. The field was packed with people who were divided by their classes, led by their class representative.   “Everyone, stand in a straight line!” Il Hwa sternly told her classmates. Everyone obeyed her out of fear – they knew she was not someone to mess with.
  “So is it true?” Rae Jin asked curiously as she stood behind Hyun Mi. “Are you really dating Nam Woo Hyun?”
  Hyun Mi could feel the pair of eyes glaring towards her direction. “Let’s not talk about that,” she quickly evaded the question. The last thing she wanted was to gather more attention on herself.
  “The first competition shall be dodge ball. Those who are participating, please come to the field,” Il Hwa announced. As she noticed her friend blankly walking by, she quickly grabbed her by the hand.
  Hyun Mi looked up at once, surprised by her sudden action.
  “Are you okay?” Il Hwa asked her with a concerned tone.
  Hyun Mi gave a faint smile and nodded. “Don’t worry. I’m gonna play dodge ball!”
  “And there’s me!” Baek Hyun suddenly appeared as he placed an arm around Hyun Mi’s shoulders.
  Il Hwa finally let go of Hyun Mi's hand. If there was one thing that could keep her friend’s mind away from the issue, it would perhaps be her love for dodge ball. “Be careful,” she said. Nothing could go wrong, right?   “The first competition will be Class A Year 3 against Class B Year 2!” the MC announced.
  “That’s Dong Woo hyung’s class,” Baek Hyun commented as he noticed both Dong Woo and Xiu Min as their opponents.
  “It doesn’t matter, we’re gonna beat them!” Hyun Mi said with the fire blazing in her eyes.
  Baek Hyun gave her a confused look. For a second, he wondered how she was feeling regarding the scandal. But seeing her reaction, he immediately understood she wanted to use this game to get her mind away from the issue. “Of course we are gonna win!” he told her as they did a high five.   The game started off friendly, but it soon became evident that the girls from the opposing team had one target. Every time they retrieved the ball, they would always throw it towards Hyun Mi’s direction. Luckily, Hyun Mi was one of the most agile players and she could easily dodge all of their incoming attacks.   “Should we cheat a little?” one of the girls whispered.
  “I think we should, in order for her to learn her lesson,” another replied.
  “Let’s put some needles in the ball,” someone else said.
  Xiu Min happened to stand close by and could perfectly hear their conversation. He rolled his eyes and quietly approached them. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” he suddenly spoke up, making the girls jump up in shock.
  “W-what?” the girl asked in the most innocent way possible.
  Xiu Min cocked his head towards her hand that was clearly holding a sack of needles. He had a serious expression on his face, unlike his usual cute and calm demeanor.
  “These are for us,” the girl still tried to lie.
  “Don’t mess with my girlfriend’s cousin!” Xiu Min gave them a final warning before the next round of the game would start. He made sure his classmate would play fair and square.   “Hah! Missed me!” Hyun Mi yelled as she smoothly avoided yet another attack.
  “Hyun Mi, they’re all targeting you,” Baek Hyun stated the obvious. Instead of being worried, he was more envious that they didn’t attack him. It made the game all too easy.
  “I know. Fifty attacks, and not even one single hit,” Hyun Mi scoffed in disbelief. “With this kind of skill, I could join Running Man~”
  Baek Hyun started to laugh as he noticed a ball being thrown at their direction. He quickly caught the ball before it could even hit his friend. Her laugh had faded as fell open in shock. “You still need me to win though,” he told her as he used his full power to throw the ball back against the opponents, hitting someone in the process.   “Sure,” she grinned at him. This time it was her turn to catch an incoming ball. “You gotta try harder than that,” she st
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter