Time (Her Version)

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[Updated] Nam Woo Hyun reported to be in a relationship + Woollim responds   After the release of Nam Woo Hyun being in a relationship with Jang Hyun Mi, Woollim Entertainment has finally denied the rumor. “It is true that they know each other, but they are not dating,” a representative stated.
  After a day had passed, the weather seemed to change along with her heart. The bright heavenly glow in the sky dissipated into a dull grey firmament, disclosing the empty day. The gust of wind came gushing through, blowing against the trees and ripping its leave into every direction. Curtain of clouds appeared to shield any sunbeam peeking through. Soon it started to drizzle, piercing through the hollowness of life.   Hyun Mi slowly reached her hand out, collecting the steady sprinkles on her palms. Standing next to the bus shelter, she let her whole body become immersed in the outpouring of the droplets. There was only one reason why she started to like the rain to begin with. But that reason has disappeared, leaving a hole in her heart.   “The weather forecast lied again,” the girl muttered as she remained still in her position. This time, there was no one to ask her if she brought an umbrella. There was no one to hold up a jacket above her head as a cover. There was no one clumsy enough to run around in this gloomy weather.   That day, she found a new reason to love the rain. It was a great camouflage to hide her sadness – for if she cried, the raindrops would cry along with her. And so, she cried her heart out.     After one week had passed, Dong Woo walked past his sister room. He halted in his tracks and listened to the sound. He could hear uncontrollable sobbing in abject misery. The first time he heard it, he left her be, knowing she would want some time alone. But this wasn’t the first time. He could no longer stand seeing her in pain.   His hand twisted the doorknob as he entered the room. He was heartbroken when he saw his sister lying down on her bed, crouched up in a way as if she was trying to disappear from the world. Numerous tissues were scattered messily around her.   “Hyun Mi,” Dong Woo spoke as he walked over to her and gently pulled her body up. He immediately wrapped his arm around her while softly patting her head. “You can’t keep doing this.”
  Hyun Mi was surprised at his appearance, but too weak to do anything against it. “Time will heal it, right?” she softly asked.
  Dong Woo gave a small nod. “But how long are you planning to be like this?”
  “How long does it take to forget someone?” Hyun Mi questioned him back.
  Dong Woo bit his lips as he slowly let go of her and stared at her face. Her eyes were swollen from crying every single night and her nose was red. “You can’t forget. You just have to deal with your feelings and move on,” he answered.
  Hyun Mi became quiet. Her gasping for breath was the only sound that filled the eerie silence. “You’re right, I don’t wanna forget,” she said and turned her head towards the top of the drawer. It was the place where she kept all the gifts she had received from Woo Hyun. “I’ll just keep them as a memory.”   “Even though you can’t completely forget, they say it takes six months to move on,” Dong Woo suddenly said.
  “Six months?” Hyun Mi asked, giving him a confused look.
  “I read it somewhere before. Usually it takes six months to really let go of a person,” Dong Woo said as he grabbed her hand and squeezed it in a reassuring way.
  “I see.”     After two weeks have passed, Ms. Song was teaching her Math class like usual. Students were lining up as they handed their weekly homework to her. She mouthed a small ‘thank you’ to every student. Until finally, one student showed up in front of her, standing motionless, with nothing to offer.   “Hyun Mi haksaeng, where is your homework?” Ms. Song asked, looking at the girl.
  “I’m sorry,” Hyun Mi apologized lifelessly. “I didn’t do it.”
  “You didn’t do it?” Ms. Song repeated her.
  “I forgot,” Hyun Mi continued.
  Ms. Song looked at her top student in disbelief. She let out a small sigh and got up from her seat. “Follow me,” she ordered and walked out of the classroom.
  Hyun Mi obediently trailed behind her instructor, leaving Il Hwa who just eyed her with concern.   “Hyun Mi, I know that you have been going through some rough times,” Ms. Song spoke as the two of them occupied the entire corridor. Her tone was gentle and the gaze from her eyes was filled with sympathy. “But you’re still young. Don’t let your feelings blind you like this.”
  Hyun Mi kept silent as she absorbed everything that was spoken to her.
  “It’s okay to be sad about the break-up, but then it’s time to get back up on your feet again. Study like you have never studied before. Solve problems like you have never done before,” Ms. Song said in an encouraging way.   Hearing her words, Hyun Mi smiled a little. “This isn’t a regular pep talk, is it?” she asked.
  “I am still your teacher after all. I don’t want you to flunk your class,” Ms. Song said as she gently placed a hand on her shoulder. “You can do this. Just like Maths, one would not be given problems they can’t solve.”
  "That's the problem, sonsaengnim," Hyun Mi uttered, "I'm not good with Maths."     After a month had passed, they were gathered together at Café Exolicious, having their usual study session. Xiu Min knew all the orders by heart now, including the bubble milk tea for Hae In.   “Unnie, I still don’t understand why you chose to break up,” Hae In bluntly said. She looked up from her textbook and started fiddling with her pen. Her eyes were fixed on her cousin. “You still think about him, don’t you?”
  Hyun Mi flinched at her sudden question. No one ever talked about it, ever since the incident. It looked like she was in a trance, trying to figure out her answer.
  Even Joon, who was usually the most senseless one, kept nudging Hae In to stop. “Just focus,” he said while pointing towards her book.
  Hae In just brushed his hands away while waiting for an answer.
  “I do,” Hyun Mi spoke up. “I do still think about him.”
  The others were startled at her reaction. They didn’t know how to react.
  “Then why’d you break up?” Hae In broke the silence.
  “It’s for the better,” Hyun Mi answered as she gazed out of the translucent glass wall.
  “But you’re not feeling any better,” Hae In said.
  “It’s better this way for him and the fangirls,” Hyun Mi said.
  “Is it, really?” Hae In asked as she suddenly took her bag. She t
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter