Once A Summer

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The upcoming week would be a special one since the whole school decided to go on an MT together. The destination this year was Seoraksan, one of the highest mountains in South Korea, and also a great tourism spot.   “Hurry up! Make sure you put your luggage inside before you board the bus,” Mr. Kang told all the students as he directed them to the right spot.
  Hyun Mi, Dong Woo, Hee Jin and Hae In all arrived at the same time as they looked in amazement at the huge bus waiting for them.
  “I’m so excited for this!” Hee Jin said.
  “You girls can go in first, I’ll take care of our luggage,” Dong Woo said as he started to load their stuff inside the trunk.
  “Let me help you!” Xiu Min arrived at the right moment as he immediately helped his friend.
  Seeing him, Hee Jin immediately flinched. She awkwardly diverted her gaze to the other direction.
  “Man, I wish I could join you guys,” Hae In wailed. Since she was too young to be in university, she just came along to send them off.
  “You can come next year,” Hyun Mi said.
  “That’s still another 6 months!” Hae In sighed.   Among the students boarding the bus, one guy stopped as he looked at them with a confused face. “Yoo Hae In, what are you doing here?” he asked.
  Hae In looked at him and gasped at the familiar face. “Joon oppa! Are you going as well?!” she asked.
  “Yeah, this will be my last MT before I graduate,” Joon answered.
  “Nooooo!” Hae In cried. “So even if I transfer here next year, I won’t be able to see you.”
  “I’ll still tutor you,” Joon smiled.
  “Yeah right, my math is better than yours,” Hae In rolled her eyes.
  Joon awkwardly cleared his throat. “I'll see you next Monday,” he told her with a sophisticated deep voice before boarding the bud.
  “That’s it! Should I just sneak in here?” Hae In asked with a mischievous grin.
  “No, you’re not!” Mr. Kang happened to hear her. He came up to her and held her by her shoulders. “Sorry, but you can’t be here, Hae In.”
  “You even know my name already, might as well just let me come,” Hae In argued.
  “That’s cause you come to visit way too often,” Mr. Kang said.
  Hae In sighed in defeat. “Fine…”   After they were done loading the luggage, they finally got on the bus.
  “Only the cool kids sit at the back!” Dong Woo said as he headed there with excitement, laughing by himself the whole way.
  Xiu Min immediately took the seat next to his friend.
  Hyun Mi looked around and saw how they passed Rae Jin and Sung Gyu who were already sitting together. Il Hwa was already there at the back, taking the ‘cool kids’ spot. Then she spotted Baek Hyun who was a seat in front of the back spot.
  “Hyun Mi! I saved you a spot,” he said as he pointed at the seat next to his.
  “Uuhm… Where are you gonna sit?” Hee Jin asked her with some hesitation in her voice.
  Hyun Mi immediately noticed the one empty seat next to Xiu Min. Of course she wanted to help her cousin with her ‘crush’ or ‘idol.’ With no second thought, she sat down next to Baek Hyun. “You can take the seat at the back~”
  Hee Jin gulped as she accidentally made eye contact with Xiu Min.
  “You can sit here,” he said as he took his bag away from the empty seat next to him.
  “Yeah, I guess I’ll have to,” Hee Jin said as she passed by, seeing Hyun Mi eyeing her with an obvious grin on her face. Maybe telling her about her crush wasn’t such a good idea.     The trip to Seoraksan took longer than expected as people were getting tired. Il Hwa was one of those who immediately fell asleep as soon as the bus started driving. Baek Hyun on the other hand was leading a whole group to play as he couldn’t be silent.   “Go, Seung Ho hyung!” Baek Hyun yelled.
  Seung Ho, who was seated next to Joon, started beatboxing.
  Those who were still awake in the bus started to clap their hands to the beat.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter