This is War

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The sun was sinking behind the horizon as the sky took on a vicious red color mixed with orange rays. It had been minutes since the bell rang to mark the end of the day. Classes were slowly getting evacuated, but the number of people appearing at the campus’ premise kept increasing. The crowd started to murmur amongst each other while scanning their surrounding with mincing hawk-eyes.   Hyun Mi felt her legs weakening at the threatening sight. She blamed the campus for creating one main entrance instead of having a secret underground escape route. Yet, she knew the battle was inevitable and gathered her courage to face it. Maybe if she just kept her head low, people wouldn’t recognize her…   “There she is!!!” a voice suddenly called out.   With her eyes shut, she groaned at the person who gave away her identity. Her hands clutched the baseball bat tighter, hoping it could somehow protect her. She could hear thousands of footsteps approaching her and saw the crowd starting to circle in front of her. No matter what, she couldn’t show her fear.   “Annyong~” Hyun Mi greeted them with a bright façade.
  The crowd gave her a weird look, wondering what she was up to. One was not supposed to be this happy in such a situation.
  “Now if you excuse me…” Hyun Mi continued as she bravely tried to squeeze her way through.
  “Ya! Where do you think you’re going?” one of the girls asked as she harshly pushed Hyun Mi back to her previous spot. She slightly smirked seeing how the victim almost lost her balance.
  “Don’t think you can just escape after seducing our beloved Woo Hyun oppa,” another spoke.
  Hyun Mi raised her eyebrows at their interesting word choice. “Seduce?”
  “Yeah! What did you use, huh? You’re not even that pretty. Are you rich? Is your dad one of the movie producers?” a girl scowled at her. She took one step forward with every accusation thrown out.   “A-anio,” Hyun Mi answered, slowly moving back. It didn’t matter even if she tried to fight back – she was outnumbered.   “We tried to warn you nicely, but you wouldn’t listen.”
  “It’s time to teach you a lesson.”   Hyun Mi bit her bottom lip as she looked around her, looking for a way to escape. In that short amount of time, the disgruntled crowd had started to throw tiny objects at her. She could feel her body sting as she looked at the brown colored sticks thrown at her. These were the traditional Korean candies known as yeot (toffee), and it being thrown at her was a great insult.
  “Eat that!” one of them muttered with a satisfied laugh.
  “You know what it means don’t you? Or are you too brainless to know?” another one provoked.
  Hyun Mi clenched her fist together at the insult. How she yearned to yell back at them. But her mind got the best of her and told her to keep shut – she was still outnumbered after all.   “Chingja, I don’t see why Woo Hyun oppa chose to date such an idiot,” another girl said.
  “We’ll give you a chance. If you answer correctly, we’ll let you go.” Someone turned to look at Hyun Mi with a vicious glimmer in her eye. “Will you break up with Woo Hyun oppa or not?”   “What?” Hyun Mi muttered under her breath as she looked at her opponents. She saw how they all got ready to retrieve the next item to attack her with. Despite the intimidating situation, she answered back “Why should I?”
  “Wrong!” the girl answered. She was the first one to throw the next weapon at the helpless victim. It perfectly hit its target as the crowd cooed in excitement.
  Hyun Mi could hear them laughing like a bunch of hyenas. Her hair was drenched with the slimy translucent yolk as icky green stains dripped off her face. The stench was unbearable as she identified the weapon as a rotten egg.
  “Don’t you know what you are doing to him or to NinetyOne?” the other girl asked. “Idols should not date! They belong to ALL of us!”
  “Quite delusional, don’t you think?” Hyun Mi answered, provoking them back. She shut her eyes and felt another egg being thrown at her. Feeling the shells shatter against her skin was quite painful, even when it was expected.   “Delusional is you thinking you can actually date an idol!” the girl hissed at her. “Don’t you care about his fanbase?? What if their fans decrease because of you?”   Bo Mi’s previous words echoed at the back of her mind – both bearing similar contents. Was she really doing more harm to Nam Woo Hyun than she realized? Was she jeopardizing his career as a singer? She remembered checking his fansites and seeing the number of fans decrease. Her mind refused to read any comments, but when her eyes would occasionally catch a small glimpse, she saw a negative remark. Was she really that delusional?
“Hyun Mi!!!” Baek Hyun’s voice suddenly roared.
  “Baek Hyun…” she uttered and turned back to look at his direction. She could spot the tiny figure running towards her at a great speed.
  “Ya! We’re not done talking to you yet! Don’t turn your back on us!” the girl said with the annoyance boiling in her. “Since she won’t learn, let’s show her the agony of being delusional!”   Hyun Mi caught sight of the crowd raising their hands in perfect unison. Their hands were all holding onto an egg, or two in several cases. It was too late for her to run away. After experiencing the pain inflicted from two rotten eggs, both physically and mentally, she prepared for what was to come. With her eyes closed, she crouched her body together as her arms covered her face. The sound of Baek Hyun cal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter