Scribbles

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The long awaited weekend finally came as a sea of people was gathered at the NinetyOne fansigning event. The five idols stood on stage in front of a long table. It was covered with a white linen cloth. A heap of blank papers and a stack of stationaries filled the table.   “Thank you all so much for coming to our fansigning event,” Key told them.
  “Kyaaa! Key is speaking!” Il Hwa already started fangirling.
  “I know! I can’t believe we’re really here!” Hyun Mi started squealing with her.
  Baek Hyun gave the two girls a look. “Which one do you like?” he asked.
  Hyun Mi pointed at the guy dressed in a black v-neck shirt. “The one who’s about to speak,” she told him.
  “I really had troubles sleeping last night, cause I was too excited to meet my girlfriends today,” Woo Hyun gave his fanservice as lots of girls started to scream.
  “I can’t sleep cause I have so many girlfriends… Oh kkaebsong…” Baek Hyun copied him in a mocking way.
  Hyun Mi nudged him.
  “He calls ALL of you his girlfriends, surely he can’t be faithful,” Baek Hyun stated.
  “It’s called fanservice! Now be quiet! Key is saying something!” Il Hwa told him sternly.
  Baek Hyun pouted in annoyance as he stared at the idols. He wouldn't say cheesy stuff like that even if he were to really become an idol.   After the members finished giving their introduction, they started forming a straight line leading towards the stage. The three of them were caught somewhere in the middle of the line.
  Il Hwa scanned her surroundings and immediately noticed something. She turned to Baek Hyun. “A lot of girls has been staring at you,” she said.
  Baek Hyun was surprised. “Don’t be jealous that I’m getting all the attention,” he said.
  “Ania! I don’t mind the indirect attention actually,” Il Hwa said and started to laugh.
  “Maybe they find it strange to see a fanboy,” Hyun Mi said.
  “I’m not a fanboy!” Baek Hyun immediately said.
  Hyun Mi gave him a look. “Then why’d you come here? Or to the airport?” she asked.
  “Well…” Baek Hyun began as he awkwardly looked around him, thinking of a good answer. “Ah! Cause there are a lot of fangirls. Some fangirls are really pretty… ”
  “Including us, right?” Il Hwa immediately asked as she struck an aegyo pose.
  Baek Hyun cleared his throat and quickly looked the other way. He’d rather not answer that.   The line was getting shorter and shorter as it was almost their turn to go meet the idols.
  “Oh my!!! I’m so nervous!” Hyun Mi said.
  “I know, right? I also spent the whole night baking these cookies,” Il Hwa said as she was holding on to a beautifully wrapped cookie jar. “I hope he likes it.”
  “Of course he will!” Hyun Mi told her. “If he doesn’t want it, I’ll gladly take it.”
  Il Hwa smiled. “You get a special batch, next time.”
  “But, I don’t think I can give him the CD!” Hyun Mi sighed, clenching the CD in her hand.
  “Then don’t.” Baek Hyun offered a very simple solution. He took the CD from her hand and studied it. “Bwoya? You actually wrote a message?”
  “It’s more personal,” Hyun Mi said.
  “Yup, I did too,” Il Hwa pointed inside the cookie jar.
  “Woo Hyun oppa, saranghae?” Baek Hyun read as he made a face. He looked at her friend in disbelief and started to laugh.
  “What’s so funny?” Hyun Mi asked as she took the CD back.
  “That you’re such a delusional fangirl,” Baek Hyun said as he glanced at Il Hwa. “Same goes to you.”
  “Won’t be so delusional when he eats the cookie and ends up falling for me?” Il Hwa said.
  “You’re right, that one deserves to go to a mental hospital,” Baek Hyun said.   Finally it was their turn. The security in charge allowed the three of them to pass. With heavy steps, the two girls walked onto the stage, approaching their idols. Their heartbeat was in sync with their walk as they became restless. Baek Hyun on the other hand just hoped they would get this over with.
  “Annyong haseyo~” The first person was Mir. He gave a friendly smile as he looked at Il Hwa. “Wow, you’re really pretty!”
  “Ohoho, thanks,” Il Hwa started la
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter