To Your Heart

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Weeks have passed since NinetyOne started promoting Good Luck, and so far, Woo Hyun hasn’t been in any of them. News articles keep popping up saying he was fine and that he was just resting at home. The idol himself also updated on his twitter how it was his own clumsiness that got him into trouble and that the fans shouldn’t worry at his light injury.   “Something is definitely not right!” Hyun Mi complained as she kept checking the drawers in her kitchen. She took out a pan and filled it with water before putting it on top of the fiery stove.
  Il Hwa was sitting at the table and watched her friend being all busy by herself. She did offer to help, but was told to just sit down. “So what’s your take on it?” she asked.
  Hyun Mi turned to her and placed a hand on her hip. “Maybe he’s really injured,” she said but quickly shook her head. “No! I refuse to think of that possibility!”
  “Have you tried calling him?” Il Hwa asked. “You have his number.”
  “Well, I don’t know if I should,” Hyun Mi said with a nervous laugh. She placed the cut up pieces of chicken meat into the soup.
  Il Hwa leaned her chin against her hand on the table. “So you don’t dare to call him, but now you’re planning to go visit him?” she asked.
  Hyun Mi stopped her actions, just realizing how weird it sounded. “Am I crazy? I don’t even know where he is right now,” she said.
  “Crazy for Nam Woo Hyun. You’re even going to the extent of making him soup and all,” Il Hwa nodded. “Don’t forget the jujubes!”
  “Yup,” Hyun Mi held up the healthy ingredient as she threw it in the soup. “I just hope that this might help him feel slightly better.”   “Are you going to their dorm?” Il Hwa asked.
  Hyun Mi finished placing a lid on top of the pan as she took the seat in front of her friend. “I don’t know. I kinda forgot the address.” Even after Woo Hyun had provided her the valuable information, her bad sense of direction made her forget it within five seconds. “Do you wanna come?”
  “Hm, I still got work after this,” Il Hwa said regrettably. “But I don’t wanna be third-wheeling anyway.”
  “Wh-what?” Hyun Mi was taken aback by her words and started to laugh nervously.
  “Tell me honestly,” Il Hwa turned more serious as she leaned closer to her friend, “Is Nam Woo Hyun an idol to you?”
  Hyun Mi gave her a weird look. “Of course he is!” she said with no doubt.
  “No, I mean,” Il Hwa reworded her question, “Are you starting to like him like him?”
  Hyun Mi was silenced as she thought about it. She did like him as an idol. But lately, he was able to stir up a certain emotion within her that no other guy could – not even Baek Hyun.
  “I was just asking out of curiosity. No need to get all serious about it~” Il Hwa suddenly said and got up on her feet. “I have to go now.”
  “Ah, okay…” Hyun Mi’s thoughts were interrupted.
  “Good luck~”  

 

Since Hyun Mi could not recall the dorm’s address, she just had one other place in mind: the restaurant. Even if he wasn’t there, she could at least pass the gift to Woo Hyun’s mother and hope she could give it to her son.   There she was, in front of Meoksam Fresh Meat House. The sign in front of the door read CLOSED again, but she wondered if anyone was actually in there. Out of curiosity, she clenched the lunch bag in her hand and tried to peek through the dark tinted glass.
  “Maybe no one’s here,” she muttered and was about to leave, when she suddenly heard something. A dark shadow was enlarged against the already darkened glass as the door suddenly opened.
  Hyun Mi looked up in shock as she was face to face with a man she had never met before. But like any true fangirl, she immediately recognized him as Nam Boo Hyun, Woo Hyun’s older brother by 7 years.   “Can I help you?” Boo Hyun asked with a deep voice – similar to Woo Hyun’s, but huskier and less enchanting.
  “Uuhm…” Hyun Mi awkwardly rolled her eyes to her side, wondering if he had seen her peek into the restaurant for the past 7 minutes. “I-is Nam Woo Hyun here?”
  “Are you a sassaeng fan?” Boo Hyun bluntly asked.
  “No!” Hyun Mi immediately answered. “My name is Jang Hyun Mi and-”
  “Jang Hyun Mi…” he repeated the name to himself. He suddenly opened the door, allowing her a better vision of the interior. “Come in.”
  “Huh?” Hyun Mi asked perplexed at the change in his attitude. She quickly grabbed the chance and walked inside, thanking him as she passed.   “Hyung, noooo!” she could hear Woo Hyun’s voice. There in front of her, standing close towards the cashier, was Nam Woo Hyun, frozen in his track as he was about to hide. He somehow looked paler and skinnier than the last time she saw him. However,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter