Our Relationship

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Nearly seven months have gone by after the tragic incident. The season was ready to give summer an early welcome that year. It was only mid March, but the sun gleamed in a way that made people want to jump in a refreshing pool of water. As people walked down the street, droplets of sweat would make its way down one’s face.   With the season transition, Hyun Mi hoped her heart had experienced its own transition as well.   The girl kept staring at the name ‘Nam Woo Hyun <3’ in her contact list. She never found the determination in herself to delete his number. Today, she was ready to make a new commitment. Her fingers moved to the ‘edit’ section and scrolled down to the bold red ‘Delete’ button at the bottom. She gritted her teeth as her fingers froze in its place.   “I can’t do it…”   Hyun Mi turned to her top drawer and noticed the idol’s picture smiling back at her with his dimples perfectly in place. She never believed that one had to burn down all their memories in order to truly get over the person. If the feelings would disappear, it just would. She still appreciated the effort it took for the other person to give those gifts. Therefore, she was going to treasure every single item that brought her down memory lane.   With the phone in her hand, she checked the date. Tomorrow would be the day when NinetyOne will have their Hi-Touch event – a special event where the fans got the chance to high five their idols. Being a true fangirl, she knew all of their schedules on the top of her head. This way, she knew what places to avoid.   However, it was time for a change.   “Nam Woo Hyun,” she spoke in a soft whisper while facing the idol’s static picture, “Will it be okay to meet you?”  
  The following day arrived quickly as time flew by. Numerous people were lining up for the indoor event. It was hard to see the idols seated at the very front as people of different sizes and heights blocked any vision. Being the last person of the endless line made the endeavor all the more challenging.   Perhaps, it was better that Hyun Mi couldn’t see him, yet.   Il Hwa kept staring at her friend, observing the solemn expression on her face. Her eyes reflected a certain hollowness. It was as if a heavy weight threatened to engulf over her entire body, mind, and soul. She fixed her gaze upon an indefinite corner of the marbled floor, staring at nothingness.   The only reason why Il Hwa agreed to come was because Hyun Mi claimed to go by herself. Seeing the determination, Il Hwa knew she had to come in order to prevent something bad from happening. She did not understand why her friend insisted on coming. Judging from her behavior, Hyun Mi was not quite ready to face the idol yet.   “It’s so warm…” Hyun Mi finally uttered. She wasn’t making small talk about the weather, it just so happened that they were submerged in the heat wave.
  “What do you expect with such an outfit?” Il Hwa responded.
  Hyun Mi tried to glance at her own outfit, remembering she was wearing an outfit more appropriate for Autumn, or Winter even. From head to toe, she was covered in dark clothes - black hoodie, black pants, black hat, and a white mask. This was one of the tricks she had picked up from Woo Hyun when they were dating.
  “And to think I had to join along,” Il Hwa rolled her eyes. Her outfit was the less extreme version and more heat-friendly. She wore comfortable breezy clothing, complete with a mask and sunglasses.
  “So they won’t recognize us,” Hyun Mi explained her plan. There were two reasons why she thought this disguise was necessary. Firstly, after the scandal broke out, people had taken notice to her identity, so she had to hide it. Secondly, she didn’t want Woo Hyun to recognize her.
  “This is actually more suspicious,” Il Hwa commented, noticing how they’ve earned some glances from the people around them.
  At hearing that, Hyun Mi quickly wore the big sized sunglasses she had brought along to fully conceal her identity.   Il Hwa continued to look at her friend, wondering how long this depression will last. The idea of wearing an all black disguise during summer was the closest Hyun Mi got to her usual crazy antics. There were times when she would joke around with others or even laugh, but everything always seemed so restricted as if she was holding back. At other times, Il Hwa believed that Hyun Mi had regained her usual cheerfulness, but then she remembered how her friend was quite talented at putting on a fake exterior – so good she almost got fooled.  
  The line shortened as the fans moved along in the blink of an eye. It was quite a quick process where the idols stood in a perfect line with their arms outstretched. The fans would come up, touch their hand, and walk home with a new profound feeling of euphoria. It didn’t take long before they caught a glimpse of the five flawless men at the front.   Hyun Mi couldn’t help but stare, remaining hidden behind her glasses. She stared at the one with the jet black tousled hair. His bangs were styled to accentuate his perfectly defined pair of brown eyes that seemed to glint in the sunlight. The prominent collarbone was chiseled so gorgeously behind his V-neck shirt. Twining cords of muscle was visible as he held up his hands to greet the fans passing through.   It was impossible to deny, that she missed him.   “He seems fine, don’t you think?” Hyun Mi questioned her friend.
  “Fine?” Il Hwa repeated.
  “Nam Woo Hyun,” Hyun Mi muttered again, her sight never leaving the idol. “He’s doing just fine.”   Il Hwa trailed her gaze and noticed the idol standing there. He was smiling in a way whereby his lips awkwardly curved upwards, as if they were taped together to stay fixed in position. His eyes, even though they were shaped like crescent moons, had lost its glow whenever he met people’s eyes. It was as if he had been given a script that instructed him to keep smiling. This jovial façade felt like déjà vu to her.   That’s when she realized – it was similar to Hyun Mi’s.   The line moved along swiftly, and before realizing, it was almost their turn. Il Hwa could feel Hyun Mi linking her arms around hers, giving her a small squeeze in the process. Even though she couldn’t see her face, Il Hwa could tell her friend was overcome with anxiety.   “W
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter