MISS COLORFUL - Chapter 4

Seven Incarnations
(part 1 of a two chap update)
.
.
.
.
.
The room remained tense by the time the clock hit six in the evening. By that time, I was finally done with Kimmy’s make-over. It took me the full two hours just to get her looking exactly what I wanted her to be. What only remains now is her final reveal to the awaiting crowd. I must say though, that the judges are going to be pretty relentless. Joross and Mimi, are very stringent when it comes to fashion.

“Guys are you ready?” I said excitedly.

“Come on, get on with it!” Joross said impatiently. “My stomach’s growling already...”

“Please...let her out Sashie...” begged Mimi, who can’t seem to contain her excitement any longer.

“Okay, okay...Guys, I now present to you...” I announced. “Miss ytary!”

Kim stepped out of the backroom on cue. She sashayed beautifully into the appraising gaze of the gruesome twosome. My heart instantly melted when I saw Joross and Mimi’s shocked reaction to my beautiful handiwork.

Bias aside, Kim was indeed very pretty in her outfit. I had dressed her in a tailored white business suit complimented by a very revealing white skirt. She had a silver chemise shirt, which plunges softly, revealing a very seductive V on her chest. I had her hair in a tight bun, keeping her neckline clean and long. I also made her wear a pair of wire-rimmed glasses to make her look more “secretarial.” As far as her make-up went, I decided to go for bold. I played up her eyes with smoky eye-shadow and highlighted her lips with a deep red sheen. I thought her overall look was stunning.

I immediately grabbed a pink rose bud and pinned it on her lapel.

“There, perfect!” I said.

The two were still shocked.

“So, what do you guys think?” said Kim.

“Oh, come on...I know you liked it!” I teased Joross. Then, I turned back to her. “Kim, once Gerald sees you in that outfit, his eyes will roll off his plate for sure...”

“Really?” Kim said appreciatively.

However, the panel of judges had another say. Joross’ face, meanwhile, contorted uncontrollably. Mimi’s face was a tad grimmer than I expected.

“ARE YOU CRAZY, SASHA?” exclaimed Joross.

“Why what’s wrong with it?” I asked. “Doesn’t this scream, y secretary to you?”

Kim was nodding her head in agreement.

“Yeah, y secretary indeed...” Joross said mockingly. “IN A O MOVIE!”

“What?!!!” I screamed. “You gotta be kidding me! Joross, you wouldn’t know fashion even it hit you on your face!”

“She looks like she’s about to burst out of her clothes any time!” wailed Joross. “Sash, you were given a very simple task...I can’t imagine you blowing it!”

“I SOOOO did not blow it up!” I protested. “You said...seductive secretary look...that’s what I delivered!”

“Sash, you overdid it...like you always do!” answered Joross.

“It’s not that bad, is it?” asked Kim.

“You look like a TRAMP!” Joross snapped back at Kim.

“Oh no, Joross...you can’t say the T word!” I retaliated. “Not in front of us...Kim, you look great, don’t mind him...”

Kim looked confused. She turned around and checked herself once more in front of the mirror.

“Mimi, what do you think?” Kim asked.

All throughout that time Joross and I were arguing, Mimi remained quiet. I, myself, was confident though that she will heed my side.

“Kimmy, I happen to agree with...Joross on this one...” Mimi said. “Sash...it’s a little bit over the top.”

“What?!!!” I screamed. “Are you guys blind?”

“See, I told you!” said Joross, a look of satisfaction on his face. “You need to believe what I say sometimes, Sasha!”

“What do you know about women’s fashion anyway?” I muttered like a bullied grade-schooler.

“I’m a guy, Sash!”

“So?”

“Don’t you forget...I’ve had my fair share of o movies and magazines...” Joross said, then pointing to Kim. “And all their models...happen to look like that!”

A sudden look of panic registers on Kim’s face.

“Sash...is it true? Do I look...errr, ty?”

Mimi and Joross unhesitatingly nodded. Meanwhile, I remained reticent. I gave Kim another once over. Well, at that point, I did realize that she did put out more than she should.

“Hmmm...Kim, what time did you say you have to go again?” I asked, looking at my watch to avoid her accusing gaze.

“He’s expecting me at seven!” Kim said, almost crying. “Oh my gosh, what am I going to do now? I don’t have time to change, Sash!”

Kim was obviously in official panic mode now. I tried to stop her from crying because that will ruin her make-up even more.

“Kim, don’t worry...we’ll fix you!” I said, biting my lower lip.

I did screw it up. I may have been a little bit too enthusiastic.

“Yes, Kim...don’t cry...all we need to do is to make you look decent enough...” said Joross.

“Don’t worry Kim...we’ll take care of you...” Mimi said, caressing her hair.

“Thanks guys,” Kim said sniffling. “What will I do without you?”

Mimi immediately buttoned up Kim’s shirt to hide most of the screaming cleavage. I re-applied her make-up and toned it down from the previous one. Joross became the supervisor. He even ask if Kim’s skirt could be pulled down a little bit.

By the end of half an hour, Kim looked like a knockout...this time for real.

Mimi and Joross seemed pleased. Darn it! I still would have gone for the first look. I mean, this one was okay. It was just too conservative for my taste. Oh well! I was outnumbered. What can I do?

“It looks prissy!” I complained.

“No it’s not. It’s classy!” Joross beamed.

“Kim, you better ready yourself for some lovin'!” warned Mimi. “If he doesn’t come home grovelling on your steps tonight, I’m seriously doubting his manliness...”

“Ate Mimi, Gerald’s not gay!” Kim protested. “I’m sure...”

“I’m just saying...” mumbled the taciturn Mimi.

“Anyway, do I look better now than Angel Alonzo?” asked Kim, still checking herself out on the mirror.

“Absolutely,” all three of us chorused. Even I had to agree on that.

“Well, I guess it’s time for me to go!” said Kim, who is visibly holding more confidence in herself now.

“Wait, is he not going to pick you up?” asked Joross. “What kind of a date is he?”

“No, we’ll meet at the restaurant...” Kim replied. “And it’s not our date...it’s ‘their’ date...”

“Wait, let me get this out of my head once and for all...” said Joross. “If he’s not your date...then why are we going to all this trouble just to fix you up?”

“You silly boy...it’s his date with Angel! I’m just tagging along...as his pretend secretary.” Kim answered.

“And you’re perfectly okay with that set-up, right?” Joross said, slightly sneering back at Kim.

“Of course...I’m going to be there because he wants me to...he needs me, what can I say...Besides, who knows what will happen after that!”

“Aha! You’re going there under the false guise of helping him out...” said Joross. “Yet in fact, you’re hoping that he’ll fall for you instead?”

“Kind of...” Kim answered shyly.

“Joross, Kimmy is basically going to war not a sweety-sweety date...” I answered for Kim. “Tonight, she is fighting for her man...”

“So, you are planning to steal him from under Angel Alonzo’s nose?” replied Joross. “Just like that?”

“That’s basically the plan...” I elucidated. “You see, Joross. If two women share a table with a man they both like...it’s like bloodbath. And usually the one that emerges triumphant is the one that catches the male’s attention best. That’s the way it is. That’s the way nature planned it. And that is why we are trying our best to make Kimmy stand out over that tramp Angel Alonzo.”

“I see...In that case , Kimmy, you’re screwed!” replied Joross.

“And why is that?” said Kimmy.

“Well, you should have explained that to me earlier,” said Joross. “If that was your plan all along Kim, I would have voted for the ty look.”

That is when I lost it all. I really couldn`t help it. I ended up throwing the foundation I’m holding to Joross, which he deftly avoided.

“You’re a retard, Joross!” I said. I then turned to Kim, who is now second guessing her new look. “Don’t mind him, Kim. He’s just joking...”

“Yes Kim...” said Joross. “ I was just kidding...you look absolutely magnificent. Any guy in my place will say the same thing.”

Kim was at a loss for words. She was more than relieved now that Joross approved of her more conservative look.

“Too much drama over one dinner, I must say though! Why can’t you be just like us guys, go in, have dinner, and leave on a full stomach! Simple! No hassles...” said Joross. “You girls are complicated...”

“We didn’t expect you to understand us...” I answered haughtily. “No surprise there!”

Joross merely shrugged his shoulders. He then turned his attention to the flowers Kim was bringing. Meanwhile, I was busy tidying up Kim’s hair do. I paid so much attention trying to keep some of the loose strands in place.

“Just remember, Kim...” I said. “If you see that Triple A is getting most of his attention, just pull this little hair pin out and shake your head lightly to release your long hair. Guys like that you know...long hair, many say, reminds them of buckling horses...”

“That’s a nice image!” said Joross sarcastically.

Kim looked at me amusingly.

“Just do what I say, will you?” I replied.

“Okay, I will...Wish me luck, guys...” said Kim, looking out the door. “I think my cab is here!”

Kim gave us each a goodbye kiss. All three of us reciprocated by saying “good luck!”

“Goodnight, my fairy god sisters!” waved back Kim. “and brother...”

In my heart, I really prayed for Kim. God, I wish she doesn’t make a fool of herself this time. Unlike Cinderella, I wish her dance with the prince will last all night long. In as much as we watched wistfully our girl go, we have to tad ourselves down a little bit. Because in this fairytale, Cinderella won’t be dating Prince Charming exclusively; she was in fact, on a double date with Snow White.

.
.
.

Gerald Lagdameo does not want to wait. It’s one of his pet peeves. He came into the trendy restaurant, The Blue Room, that night hoping that such will not happen. He’s a very punctual man himself. Fifteen minutes before 7 o’clock, he was already there.

The waiters, thinking he was very rich by way of his smart grey suit and ostentatious gold watch, were busy fussing about. One by one, they would come by and see if he was okay. Soon enough, it was getting on his nerves. He chagrined about the fact that such service can only come with money. If he came, more like himself, he was doubtful that he will be afforded that very same attention.

“Pretensions are indeed important in this world,” Gerald thought, sipping his wine.

He looked at his watch. It was 6:57 pm. In three minutes, they should be coming in. Gerald was starting to get anxious.

Another waiter came by, he was a bald guy named Andres. Gerald wanted to snap at him but realized that he might have approached him for some other reason.

“Sir, your date has arrived...” Andres announced.

“Really...?” Gerald responded, immediately standing up to look for her. “Where?”

Then, his gaze was caught by a long-legged figure in white, walking slowly towards him. Even from afar, she looked stupendously stunning! She walked gracefully in her very restricting white suit, but she carried it like a model. Each stride of hers made Gerald’s heart jump in nervous flutter. He rubbed his eyes to check if he was seeing things right. It’s a good thing he wasn’t dreaming all that. She was such a glorious vision that Gerald even failed to recognize her as Kim.

“Lovely girl, sir...” commented Andres.

“Yes...she is...” Gerald said in a mere whisper.

As she moved closer, he finally realized it was indeed Kim – the very same timid flower girl from across the street! Almost instantly, Gerald’s mind refused to take back that image of her as the shy and soft-spoken flower vendor. He was now looking at her in a different light. Something more along the lines of seductive temptress...that is what he was seeing in her now. Gerald really couldn’t believe his eyes...and his luck! Imagine this...she looked like that sleek Sharon Stone character in that classic movie Basic Instinct. And, more importantly, she was there as his date...well, sort of. Gerald’s mouth remained ajar as she turned a corner towards their table. He had to swallow several globs of saliva to keep them from trickling down his face.

The waiter tapped him on the shoulder. “Lovely girl indeed, sir. Well done! But, pardon me, I will have to leave you temporarily. I’ll just be there at that side. When you’re ready to order, just waive and I’ll come over quickly.”

“Thanks...” Gerald said absent-mindedly. His focus was still on Kim, who seems to be getting the attention of all other male patrons as well.

The waiter shook his head fondly as he motions to leave. “Good luck on your date, sir!”

“She’s not my date...she’s just my secretary...” Gerald mumbled.

.
.
.

Sorry for the late update. I was too sleepy last night to finish it... ------>>>>> see next chap ... things will get heated up...