MISS COLORFUL - An Introduction by S. Fierce

Seven Incarnations
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hello Guys!

You can call me Sasha Fierce.

That’s not my real name, of course...but for the purpose of this story telling, I shall be known as that. Sorry, Beyonce...but I had to keep my name out of the public’s knowledge considering the amount of information that I have to divulge and the personalities involved in my confession.

You probably are wondering who am I and what am I doing here? Well, I have a story to tell.

Honestly, it’s a simple story...a story that you may have heard or seen before...but then again, maybe not...But what the heck, I’ll tell it anyway.

This is about my poor friend, Kimmy. Oh gosh, Kimmy had been through a lot in the last few days...I don’t even know where to begin my story.

Hmmm...let’s start from the demographics. Maybe we should get to know our heroine first before we proceed. Aha! My slum book will probably will probably be a good way to start....

.
.
.
(The following are her slum book data)
.
.
.

Name: Kimberly Sue David is her real name. But to me, her bestfriend since birth, she will forever be Kimmy (I am the only one allowed to call her that, by the way. You can try --- but that would be at the risk of an arm or a leg).

Address: Kim wrote: “Somewhere in Quezon City, the City of Stars.”

Age: “Real physical age is 21, emotional age is 16, mental age is 18.”

Occupation: “Formerly, an artist that dabbles into may artistic endeavours; Presently, co-owner of a flowershop, the most boring job in the world.”

Dreams: “To travel the world, to sing Crazy for You on top of Mt. Everest (please don’t ask me why she chose that particular song) and lastly to meet Brad Pitt.” One can say she has lofty dreams.

Hobbies: “Videoke and scrapbooking, mainly.“ (Oh, also ogling at the stolen picture of her crush and searching google everyday if his name or other pictures of him ever shows up. Well, I guess those are hobbies too, considering she’d been happily doing that for over a year now).

Definition of Love: “Love is like a rosary, it has many mysteries...” (lol! Believe me, she really wrote that!)

Describe your True Love: Kim wrote, “That would be the guy across the street. The cute guy that works from La Mancha Technologies. He is tall and very y.” Hmmm....

Bestfriends: That would mainly be me, Sasha. You see, I’ve known Kim all my life. She had been my neighbour, my friend and my adopted sister. Well, to each of our parents, we really are sisters from different mothers (and father’s too). We had been classmates from nursery to college. We even put up our own business together. So, nobody actually knows her better than I do.

Our group of three would not be complete without our other childhood friend, Joross. He is cute as a button but as insignificant as that red dot on top of a “siopao”. So, that will be it about Joross.

.
.
.

So, let me tell you more about Kimmy...her life is way more interesting than Joross, anyway.

You see, my friend Kimmy is sweet, loving, quiet...most of the times. But, she also has this crazy, hyperactive side to her that once in a while graces our presence. To others she may seem bipolar, but that’s just Kim being herself. She had always been...you can say, different. You may think you know her, but most days, she will really surprise you.

Here in our small flower shop, we used to make bets as to which personality of hers would show up. Since, I know her best, I often ended up winning.

Our friend and partner, Joross, once identified three different characters of hers. First, there was the sweet and bubbly Kimmy that we’ve grown to know. Then, we have this second character who we aptly named Kimchay. She is this totally insecure but helplessly romantic, mopey-dopey version of her. Frankly, like her namesake, she is like a vegetable. Lastly, you wouldn’t want to meet Kim Sue. I’ve only met her once, and I wouldn’t want to see her again. Oh yes, she is vicious...

Let me tell you more about the time Kim Sue showed up. It happened when we were in High School. We had this crush...really cute guy. His name is Carlo Guevarra. Now, Kim fell head-over-heels in love with him, though to this day, I don’t know why. Basta, she really liked him. Anyway, as it turned out, Carlo had a crush on me. One day, the poor bastard asked her to help him out with his “panliligaw” to me. Now, Kimmy didn’t like that at all. She unleashed the super maldita Kim Sue at him. The poor guy, never had his chance. He ended up with a black eye and a bad reputation enough to last him a lifetime. Kim Sue made sure that he went home crying, with his tail in between his legs. She became so manipulative and y the whole week, nobody in school seemed to recognize her. That’s really the only side of Kimberly David that you don’t want to see, promise.

But then again, on most days...she is normal. But through the years, her mood swings tend to be more prevalent. One day she is happy, one day she is sad and depressed. One day she is “kengkoy,” there are other days that she would just sit in front of the computer and make “mukmok.” She can sometimes be cute and cuddly, yet sometimes can very cranky too. She became the living embodiment of the ultimate contradiction...

Even Jorross and I, the supposedly experts on her, found it hard to guess who she was most times...

Until one day, Jorross had a breakthrough. He had found a way to read the intricate language that was Kimberly David!

According to his theory, Kim is one person who wears her emotions on her sleeve...literally. Joross noticed that lately, Kim reflects what she was feeling that day via the color choices in her dress. For example, one day she wore yellow...we noticed that she was especially sunny...she was bright and happy all day long! I remember that was the first time her long time crush, Gerald Lagdameo, first talked to her. The day after that, she wore black because her long time pet “maya” died. You guessed it, She was as inconsolable as can be.

Nowadays, as a rule, whenever she comes into the shop wearing a dark colored outfit, it’s probably best to stay at an arm’s length away from her...at all times. Seriously! Take heed in my warning.

Now, do you feel as though you know her already? Sure...she’s just like any other average, cooky city girl, right? Maybe...maybe not...you'll soon find out!

But anyway, if there was one thing that could make my friend really happy or sad, that would be her crush and in her own words, “Ultimate Lovelife,” Gerald Lagdameo. He’s the guy who works as an IT analyst on one of the big firms across the street. He is one of our more valued customers. Gosh, the money he spends on flowers! Kim would do his “deliveries” almost on a weekly basis. Kim had done enough of those trips that they started to know each other. Frankly, I don’t know what she sees in the guy! He changes his women more often than he probably washes his underwear. He is self-absorbed, conceited, snooty...he probably would not given Kim his time of day, had it not been for Kim’s “special abilities.”

However, Kim really, really liked him...despite all his major flaws. Despicable as he was, they seem to thrive with each other. Joross once described it as a symbiotic relationship. Kim provides, Gerald reaps the rewards...symbiotic! Kim is very, very important to Gerald. To him, she was indispensible.

IN a span of a couple of years, she has managed to make a comfortable niche in his social life. Kim said, Gerald told her once that she is the best girlfriend any man could have. So much crap, that guy! Anyway, so how did Kim go from being a measly delivery girl to Gerald’s it girl? How, you ask? Simple...

Who do you think knows a person’s love life more than his florist? Think about it. Who do you go to when you want to buy specific flowers? Who is present when you write those corny messages crammed in a two-square-inch card? Who proofreads those messages, huh? OF course, your florist! Who do you ask about the receiving person’s reaction to your gift? Who do you count on to give you the final analysis whether this next person will last? Probably not your regular florist, but to Gerald, it was no other than Kim. Gerald believes that Kim holds the key to his love affairs. He would many times entrust his choices to her. You see, Gerald thinks Kim has these special abilities. Normally, when he fancies a girl, he would consult Kim upon it. She would then do the necessary research. Based on that research, she would make a full recommendation. From the flowers, the chocolates, what to say on the card...Kim provides all the necessary gizmo and gimmicks...anything to make the new “victim” fall in love with him. According to Gerald, Kim had a 100% batting average. She almost never misses...

Yet, you may ask, what does Kim get in return? Uhmm, nothing... Probably a few hundred pesos worth of tips here and there but that would be it. She doesn’t ask too much in return though, she said. A mere smile towards her would be enough to carry her through her day. Pathetic, right? As her loyal friend, it’s my job to slap reality to her face. I would say the harshest things about Gerald. I would even go to the lengths of calling the guy a loser and a user. But, nah! To Kim, Gerald’s a saint. Yes, one can truly she is verging on being pathogenically insane. That is what I say to her all the time, but our poor girl is as stubborn as can be.

The drama of it all, Kim, when all this time she was helping him, was suffering on her own. Imagine yourself being present in all of your ultimate crush’s countless love affairs! How frustrating would that be? I knew Kim wished many times that he would at least cast a loving glance upon her way, but to no avail. I told her once that she was forever fated to be his florist. The sooner she accepts that, the less pain she will feel. But, she is deaf when it comes to Gerald bashing. Though it pains her heart each time he enters a new relationship, Kim has this insatiable need to please him...even if her own feelings were being trampled upon.

It is such a vicious cycle really, and I think it needs to stop. Her eyebugs had gone deeper. She had been losing weight thinking of him. Joross calls her condition Anorexia dyspepsia... I call it “Loca de Amor.”

Oooops, I think I’ve revealed too much. Anyway, that was just a brief background...a taste of what was to happen!

What I am going to tell you next, is what Kim revealed to me happened over the course of the last few days. I do have more juicy tales to tell about them.

So, read carefully...don’t blink...

I shall now begin my story....

.
.
.
.

XOXO,

Sasha Fierce