In the Studio

Broken Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Dara P.O.V)

 

Looking over the lyrics, I highlighted my lines. “I’m not understanding why I have the rap, Chaerin and Minji are much better rappers!” I confided in Teddy who played with Inbok.

 

“Believe it or not Sandara, you are a very good rapper like them. And you are actually a much better fit than them when we went through the song. We wanted to give you girls a new song and concept to go with it, so why not do the rap? You are definitely capable of it.” He told me sincerely.

“Maybe so, but I have never performed a rap so quickly!”

 

 

Just as BIGBANG were finishing up their promotions for their Alive album, we were preparing for a new album to be released too! We were told that we would pre-release a new single with a new, more ier and feminine sound called ‘I Love You’, before the album. So here I was, in the studio attempting to record my part.

 

 

“Don’t worry about your rap abilities, I’m here to support you and we’re bringing in a very experienced trainer to help too! Isn’t that right Inbok!” Teddy comforted me, as he bounced his nephew on his knee.

“Dae!” Inbok smiled innocently as he bounced.

“A trainer?” I asked.

“Yes, he is training the trainees too! He even helped the new trainee, Lee Hayi.” Teddy explained to me.

“I saw her performance, she was quite good for a rookie!” I noted. “Let’s listen to the music again.”

 

 

Teddy played the song again, Lydia’s vocals filling the room with her spoken intro. The song from start to finish, was very sultry and very y sounding which definitely was very new for 2NE1! It kept surprising me how different the song was.

 

 

“So when you rap, keep this rhythm.” Teddy coached me as we listened to Lydia rap my first lines.

 

With our heads nodding along to the beat, we listened through the song. “Your rap shouldn’t be in your face like how Chaerin usually raps, it is supposed to be reflective of the lyrics about wanting the other person’s love.” Teddy summarised at the end of the song.

 

“I only really rapped like Chaerin for Clap Your Hands.” I pointed out.

 

Just then, the door opened.

 

 

I turned to face Choi Seunghyun. “Omo! Seungie! What are you doing here?” I gasped.

“APP-APP!” exclaimed Inbok.

“Anneyonghaseyo! I’m here to teach you a thing or two about rapping!” He announced, closing the door behind himself.

“Bwo?!” I questioned, turning to Teddy who was laughing by himself.

“Dae, meet your new rap coach, T.O.P of BIGBANG!”

“Hyung, wanted to surprise you!” Seunghyun laughed alongside Teddy.

 

 

I rolled my eyes at the childish men. “Isn’t this a lesson?” I asked trying to get back on track.

“Of course!” Seunghyun responded, “But first let me greet uri Inbok!” He gushed picking up his son.

“App-App!” Giggled the toddler as he was hugged by his App-App.

“Dae, anneyong Inbok!”

“And we lost him to the kiddo.” Teddy laughed at the doting father.

 

 

Keeping Inbok in his arms, Seunghyun walked over to the computer to press play. “Let me hear the demo first.”

Again, Lydia’s voice filled the studio. “Ooo! A y song!” He teased.

 

 

Of course, this was the first time he was hearing the demo! Since he had bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter