The Dress and The Ring

Broken Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
(Dara POV)

 

Running down the corridor with the staff member, Seunghyun and I were super late for make-up for the concert. “You were both supposed to be in make-up an hour ago!” the staff member told us off. “2NE1 and Gummy are in dressing room 3, BIGBANG in dressing room 2. Here are your vitamins and calcium to take!” She ordered us as she showed us to my door. She aggressively placed the tablets into my hand, before almost pushing me into the dressing room, and yanking Seunghyun away. “Chaka-!” I tried protesting as the door shut behind me.

 

 

Great. I won’t be able to see Seungie until the encore it seems. We couldn’t even wish each other good luck!

 

 

I scurried around the dressing room, having only arrived to the venue with less than 2 hours till the beginning, I was under a huge time pressure. Due to the chaoticness of the concert, we handed Inbok over to Hyejung unnie, who had brought her daughter Haru too but stayed in a quieter room.

 

Having finished greeting everyone, Chaerin passed me a cup of water for the vitamins. “How can you be so late?! We’re opening!” She scolded me as she sat down to put her shoes on.

“Complications with the Halmeoni’s, they bought tickets for today instead of different days. Inbok is with Hyejung-sunbaenim and Haru.” I explained the childcare issues.

“Don’t let it happen again.”

“Dae.”

“Concentrate on creating a lively stage!”

“Dae!”

 

 

Before I knew it, I was on stage in a more black and white version of my debut outfit, including the pig nose necklace. “Anneyongahseyo! What’s up we 2NE1!?” We greeted the crowd altogether as we introduced ourselves, setting a lively scene for the concert.

“Anneyonghaseyo! I am 2NE1 leader, CL!” Chaerin smiled as she bowed.

“Anneyonghaseyo! I am Bom of 2NE1!” Bom waved.

“Anneyonghaseyo I am 2NE1’s fresh vocal, Dara!” I introduced myself as I waved and bowed.

“Anneyonghaseyo! I am Minzy, 2NE1’s maknae!” Minzy also roared out with a little wave.

“Welcome to YG Family Concert 2011!” Bom announced.

“Thank you to all of you for coming to make this night amazing! It is great to meet with you all.” I thanked the cheering crowd.

“It is really exciting to be able to meet you with our sunbaes! We have prepared many surprises for you so please look forward to each and every stage!” Minji continued.

“Dae, we feel very honoured to have opened up today when we have so many big sunbaes lined up, let’s have fun tonight!” Chaerin addressed the colorful crowd.

“And remember! Can’t nobody hold us down tonight!” Bom hyped, cueing our next song for us to get into our positions.

 

Jumping around the stage in choreography, we interacted with the crowd giving waves. The adrenaline within me was encouraging me to give my all for Go Away. As we heard the intro begin, CL shouted out “Let’s goo!” Before starting her rap.

 

The concert was really taking off! We reached the chanting bridge of Go Away, adlibbing encouragement to the crowd. “All together now!” Bom shouted out.

“Shout it out!” I joined in jumping to my spot.

 

 

The whole crowd was jumping up, pumping their lightstick and chanting along to the song. It felt incredible! “One more time!” Shouted CL, to encourage more chanting, before Bom sang the full chorus again.

 

“BECAUSE WHAT?!” I shouted out over Bom as we were reaching her last line.

“Because love is over! Love is over tonight!” CL, Minzy, Bom and the crowd sang together getting into our finishing position on stage.

 

The cheers roared and the stage darkened, getting ready to surprise the crowd with BIGBANG. Looking for the exit, we scrambled off stage to prepare for our next stages.

 

We were now going to do special featurings in the stages of our sunbaes. I was up first singing Uhm Jung Hwa’s part in Tell me with Jinusean. Bom would follow me dueting with Tablo and then our maknae line would perform with GD&TOP for Oh Yeah. And then I would make a surprise dance appearance in Psy’s Champion stage which I was super nervous for!

 

 

Seeing that I had more than 10 songs before I had to perform, I excused myself to go see Inbok, Haru and Hyejung Sunbae. Maybe I could watch at least one song with Inbok!

 

Finding the room, I knocked on the door, “It’s Sandara!” I announced myself.

“Dae! Come in!” I heard Hyejung reply.

 

I opened the door to see the two toddlers, Hyejung and a couple of staff members watching the concert on a screen. “Anneyonghaseyo!” I bowed to greet everyone.

Inbok came toddling towards me, his arms raised up for me to pick him up. “Hi Inbok!” I gushed over him as I picked him up.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter