We Are 2NE1

Broken Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
(Dara P.O.V)

“We just did it! We just performed! We just debuted!” Minji hyperventilated as she tried to hold back tears.

 

“I’M SO PROUD OF US!” Chaerin announced as she put her arms around Bom and I.

 

“Did we really just perform our debut?” Bom wondered out loud.

 

“WE DID! And we burnt that stage!” I exclaimed using hand actions to emphasize my comment.

 

The girls laughed, still running on the adrenaline rushes we had. We finally debuted. We are 2NE1. I couldn’t wait to experience the interviews, the talk shows, the variety shows. Maybe I could get myself an acting role!

 

Noticing that I was stuck in thought, Chaerin clicked her fingers in front of me. “Yah, Unnie? Are you with us?” She chuckled.

“Mianhae! I was just thinking that’s all!” I apologised.

“Well don’t look now but I think I see your friend!” She said sneakily into my ear.

 

I looked up and noticed a group of very good-looking boys coming forward.

 

“Anneyonghaseyo Noona!” One of them said to me as he bowed slightly.

“Sawadee kha Nichkhun!” I greeted my friend in his native language.

 

He smiled at me. Like me, Nichkhun had recently come to Korea. He is Thai so I could relate to him in that we had both moved to countries where we did not speak the language.

 

Our groups passed each other in the corridor as we headed in our different directions. “He was charming!” Minji noted.

“He’s in 2PM right? They’re promoting Again and Again is it?” Bom recalled.

“Dae, I believe so!” I said.

“We should hurry back girls! Remember we’re recording for 2NE1 TV!” CL encouraged.

“I can’t believe they actually filmed me sleeping.” Minji complained.

“We should probably get used to it, we’re going to be idols, we’ll have no privacy.” Chaerin berated us.

“That can’t be good for Sandara!” Bom protested.

“If He decided it would be good for us, we’ll just have to accept it.” Chaerin said sadly.

“It won’t be that bad!” I tried cheering them up. “This is our dream, right? We are 2NE1. We are going to revolutionise K Pop! We fought to get here. And we’re going to show the world who we are and why we should be the centre of attention!” I declared, putting my hands on my hip.

 

“WOOO!” Yelled Minzy as she clapped.

“That’s our Dara!” Bom joined in.

“Yah, Unnie, you sure you don’t want to be leader?!” Chaerin chuckled.

“That’s your position!” I gasped.

“I’m joking!” Chaerin smiled at me.

 

We turned left and faced our dressing room door.

 

We nervously exchanged glances at each other. Bom’s hand shaked as she reached for the handle of the door. It was like there was some monster in the room behind the door. We all looked up at Bom who bit her lip, looked at all of us and then shut her eyes tightly. Looking back at the door handle, Bom’s hand was carefully hovering over it.

“Someone guide me to it!” Bom pleaded.

Chaerin gently took Bom’s unsteady wrist and placed it on the door handle. “Here we go.” Minji breathed out.

“Hana, dul, set!” Bom counted down as she started turning the handle.

 

The door flung open to reveal all our staff. Someone roared “CONGRATULATIONS!”, as we entered the room. The room was full of chatter as people complimented and congratulated us. I felt like we had done ourselves proud with such a brilliant welcome.

I smiled at Chaerin who looked pleased with the reception.

 

We made it.

 

We survived.

 

2NE1 was finally out in the world.

 

And we couldn’t have been prouder.

 

 

We followed up Fire with I Don’t Care. I personally loved the song for its attitude. It had strong lyrics to a gentle music. And it looked like everybody else loved it too! 

I couldn’t believe the success our songs had! We won awards from Fire and we even won the triple crown for I Don’t Care! AGAINST THE NATION’S GIRL GROUP, GIRLS GENERATION!

 

I mean have you ever heard of such a thing?!?! Rookies beating out one of the most popular girl groups?! We could be considered their rivals!!!

 

Next on my personal agenda was to rest. As much as I loved being a 2NE1 member, I couldn’t forget that I was expecting a child! It didn’t seem that Bom had either, or Chaerin. As aunts they didn’t stop fussi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter