Clap Your Hands

Broken Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
(Dara P.O.V)

 

“Aren’t we dressed like BIGBANG-Oppas?” Minji asked looking at out reflections in the mirror.

“You’re right!” Bom agreed.

 

We were dressed up in hoodies, baggy pants and boots for the street concept of our new music video. “Daebak! These are chrome heart hoodies!” Chaerin realized as she admired the hoodie.

“It’s so comfy! I hope we don’t overheat!” Bom added, fanning herself with her hand.

 

It’s true, we were filming a dance video in summer. Between the spotlights and dancing, the sets were pretty warm, especially since we had been here for most of the day and had already filmed our street and dojo scenes. Next, was cyber space!

 

“I feel like I got Chaerin’s eyeliner!” I laughed looking at the very thick eyeliner I was given.

“We are the same group, if we change styles to each others, it will be fine!” Chaerin chuckled.

“Should I dye my hair red? Should I grow it long? I am really liking these extensions!” Minji asked us as we made our way to the filming set.

“You’d look so much older!! You are our maknae, no!” Bom teased Minji.

“It would be cool to see what you actually look like with your own long hair.” Chaerin admitted.

“But it feels like so much maintenance.” Minji acknowledged.

“Well, to be pretty one must suffer!” I told her wisely.

“But I don’t want to do sooo!” Minji protested, catching the attention of the crew.

“What does Minji not want to do?” Came our director, worried about Minji.

“Aniyoo, she doesn’t want to grow her hair, it is just a misunderstanding. There is nothing she is disagreeing with!” Bom explained to him

 

 

After the little misunderstanding, the director explained that we would be filming the end of the song in this set. He informed us that our back up dancers were getting ready so that in the meantime we will be shooting the scene with just us.

 

“As we rehearsed! Cue!” The director commanded as the music and I started mouthing and clapping along to it. I stepped off the bench and went to my place, clapping and lip-syncing along to the chorus as Bom, Chaerin and Minji followed me to join me in a line as we continued the routine. From the line, we went into a formation from where Minji and I were behind Bom and Chaerin, before huddling together.

 

 

“Cut! And again!” The director announced as we returned to our starting positions. We repeated the routine again, this time with cameras coming from different angles, instead of the one centre camera. Line, behind Chaerin, line, huddle, run to the other side, sit! I ran through each formation carefully not ignoring my blockings.

 

It is known that I am not the best dancer, however, Bom was the one to keep an eye on in this routine! She would always skip the second line to go onto the huddle straight away which would always cause us giggles in practice. Even now, whilst subtle I could see her still making this mistake.

 

“And cut!” Yelled out the director before applauding us. As per usual, he also wanted some solo scenes of us clapping on the bench which we took in turns between fits of giggles again as we ignored our choreographer’s suggestions.

 

 

“Nonono! Unnie! Like this!” Chaerin laughed at Bom on the bench, her arms out to her side. Chaerin put her arms up and started moving her hand as if she was on stage in a concert. “Hype it up!”

 

Minji looked up at me, “How is it that Bom isn’t dancing so well?” She asked me. We were stood behind the cameras with the directors.

“Maybe because she is distracted by something?” I suggested.

“Do you think?” Minji pressed on.

“Dae. It is going to be a very busy autumn for us, she must be worried about her medication since she won’t be able to go to the USA to get it.” I explained to Minji.

“Is that so worrisome?” Minji innocently asked.

“Maybe, prescriptions are very stingy.” I commented.

We were cut out of our conversation by the director who asked us all to come to him. This included the dancers… weird… I don’t recall seeing these dancers ever before. Sure they had masks and hoods up, but they weren’t Hi-Tech dance crew members! No, these guys were definitely something else.

 

 

As we took to our positions, one of the dancers helped me up onto the bench… I was sure I could do it myself! I reluctantly smiled a thanks to him as I prepared myself for the countdown.

 

“Hana, dul set… cue!” Our director counted us in as the music started playing. I again started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter