Sunset Glow

Broken Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
(Dara POV)

 

I stepped out of the car after Bom who held the door open for me. I smiled a thank you at her as we waited for Minzy and Chaerin to get out. We were glad to see our hotel after another day of being in the studio. Thankfully, we had almost finished our recording sessions with Will.i.am!

 

“Will is amazingly efficient! His songs, his music is so ahead of their time!” Minzy gushed as we walked into the hotel lobby. It was like we had the same conversation every time we left the studio, just praising Will.i.am. And like always, I felt my chest become quite heavy…

“I know! I can’t believe we’ve actually fully recorded eight songs in two weeks!” Bom recounted.

“I’m glad we get this weekend to rest and tourist!” I pitched in, getting involved to take my mind of my heavy chest.

“We deserve it girls!” Chaerin announced. “We’ve been here just over two weeks and we have not seen LA yet! Lets make a day trip of it tomorrow!”

 

It’s true, we landed in Los Angeles in late May and it was almost mid-June! We had about a week left to wrap up and explore such a legendary city. As we got closer to the elevator, Chaerin saw the stand of flyers, she picked up a map of the city and some other flyers. “Okay, so lets go, freshen up and change into our pyjamas, order a take out to mine and Minji’s room when we are ready!” Bom planned out loud.

“That sounds great with me!” Chaerin agreed as Minji and I nodded.

“So at about 9pm?” Bom calculated.

“About an hour seems right!” Minji agreed.

“Oooo! I’ll see if there is a possibility of us hiring a car! Sandara you have an international driver’s license right?” Bom asked.

“Dae!” I replied enthusiastic!

 

As we headed to our rooms, I sped walked trying to get my key out whilst Chaerin joked to keep up with me. “Yahhhh why are you in a rush?” She asked me, chuckling at my pace.

“I need to pump!” I exclaimed quietly.

My bandmate burst out laughing at my statement as she opened the door to our room. “It’s quite painful actually!” I informed her as I walked in to put my things on my bed.

“It is just funny! You act like your chest will just burst!” She laughed.

“Chaerin don’t be so childish, it is a really annoying pain, like a cramp!” I insisted as I went to open my drawer to collect the pump.

“If you say so! Gosh, it must be amazing being an Omma!” Chaerin said flopping onto her bed.

I chuckled at her as I picked up the contraption and closed the drawer. “You won’t need the bathroom in the next 15 or so minutes, right?” I asked her.

“Noooo, you go and take care of yourself! I’m just going enjoying lying here!” She giggled sprawling herself over the bed.

 

After having sorted ourselves out and slipping into our pyjamas, Chaerin and I went to Bom’s and Minji’s room with the flyers, laptop and map. We took over Bom’s bed as a table to organize our day and places where we wanted to go. Bom in the meantime went downstairs to get a flyer for any take-outs that the hotel allowed. As soon as we decided on our pizzas, we looked at the maps and began searching through the landmarks of LA.

 

“So we have, the Hollywood sign, Griffith Observatory, Sunset Boulevard, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood Walk of fame and the observation deck in the city hall!” Bom concluded as she read out the list we had just finalized.

“We can do Rodeo Drive, Sunset Boulevard and the Walk of fame another day right?” I asked consulting the map.

“Yes, let’s do the hike!” Minji agreed.

“I really want to do the observatory ASAP! It always looks beautiful in films.” Chaerin told us. “But we have to go at sunset, it just seems so much more romantic!” She fantasized.

 

Bom chuckled, working out whether it was plausible. “Well, it is great, we can do a hike trail and then come down to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter