Into The Fire

Broken Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
(T.O.P POV)

 

I rested in the make-up chair, my eyes closed as I attempted to recover any energy I could. I knew that accepting the role for 71 would be challenging.

 

The film tells the story of a confrontation between North Korean soldiers and South Korean students during the war. I am playing a big role, for which I am very thankful for! However, it also requires a lot of action and stunts. I even underwent practices for guns. Which, was really really fun but it is also really dangerous. That being said, it ws a really enjoyable experience to train with my sunbaes!

Lee Byung-hun Sunbae-nim warned me of the risks when playing action roles. Because filming requires many angles for the final frame, it would mean that some stunts have to be done numerous times which puts actors and stunt doubles at risk.

 

Opening my eyes, I checked my phone, looking at the time. It was almost eight in the morning, and it was freezing. The make-up artists were running around with dressing gowns on just to stay warm. Next to me, my makeup artist was selecting her next product to use on me.

 

This was a daily process when we filmed for long time, almost 2 or 3 hours in this chair to just look the part for the couple of scenes we managed to film. I easily fell asleep several times during this part, all I had to do was let the make up artist work on me.

And then whilst the other actors and I were getting ready, the director and other crew would set up for our scenes the cameras and setting. It was such an interesting procedure, we work from dawn till dusk filming and in a day’s filming of 8 hours we could perhaps only get 15 minutes worth of film.

 

“Cha-chang! I’ve finished with the make up now, let me just apply a setting spray!” Announced my makeup artist.

“Ah, dae.” I nodded to my make up artist, my eyes closing again.

 

This setting spray was annoying! It smelt like a powder and at first felt a little sticky. But because today was very stunt heavy, it had to be used so that the makeup would not be so heavily applied again and only touched up. After my make-up was done I thanked the artists and headed to get some breakfast at the canteen. It isn't as good as the cafe in YG, but when it is cold like this, it is definetly tasty! Plus, it gives time for me to get to know the people who are working on set. But they are always somehow busier than I am. I usually return to my trailer alone, but this is also good, I can sometimes fit in a 20 minute nap!

 

A staff member found me in my trailer for my filming section. They let me know I was needed to see the director in 10 minutes to start shooting. As I thanked them and pulled on a thick coat to keep m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter