Chapter 2

We will see how this ends

Chapter 2

Rest in peace sleep. You were brutally taken from us by the alarm clock, was my first thought when I woke up. Second thing I noticed was my phone laying next to my pillow. Okay that was strange. Usually I turn my phone off before going to bed. I grabbed my phone and saw: Kim Myungsoo aka L<3. Oh no, don't tell me he didn't hang up last night! 7:43:21 was the time we talked already. Fortunately I had a flat rate so I wouldn't have to pay for this call. Suddenly an idea popped up in my head and I smirked. “Myungsoo a~~. It is morning already. You have to wake up!“ I whispered with a soft voice into the phone. I heard his steady breathing and knew he was still asleep. I started talking to him again and with every word I spoke I spoke more loudly. “Ugh. How can you be this energetic at 6 o'clock??“ greeted Myungsoo. I smiled at his deep and husky morning voice. “I hope you slept well?“ I asked. Completely ignoring his remark. “Yep, I did. You fell asleep pretty fast last night.“ he stated. “I know. Only thanks to you I was able to fall asleep. Anyway I have to get ready. I'll see you later.“ “Okay then. See you later!“ I heard him say before I hung up. I was very euphoric this morning and couldn't stop smiling. When I got dressed I was smiling, when I brushed my teeth I was smiling (Better off if you don't imagine that. I looked like a fool smiling widely while having a toothbrush in my mouth) and when I made myself a neat bun I was still smiling. Walking down the corridor to the kitchen guess what, I was still smiling. “Good Morning Honey. Wow, did something great happen?“ my mum asked the moment I walked into the kitchen. “No. Nothing happened. I just slept veeerrryyy well.“ I said happily after giving her a morning hug.“If you say so“ said my mum sceptically “Do you want to take Kimbap to school?“ she added with a soft smile on her face. It was easy for me to smile back at her since I was smiling non stop. “Anything is fine with me as long as it is your cooking! Your cooking is the best I love it!!! Umma jjang!!“ those words made my mum laugh. “I don't know what has gotten into you but I am happy to see you this bright and cheerful! So whatever made you this gleeful thank you“ she said in an honest voice. I hugged her again and started to prepare my breakfast next to my mum who prepared my lunch box. We worked quietly both lost in our own thoughts. I have no idea what my mum was thinking about but guess what, surprisingly I was thinking about Myungsoo. Never guessed that, huh? But my peaceful preparations were soon interrupted by a real sunshine. Hee-young. “Good Morning” she greeted in a voice which made clear she was in a bad mood and we were better off not talking to her right now. I took my self-made gaeran toast-u (=egg toast) and a cup of Yujacha (=Korean tea, made of citrus fruit) and sat down in the dining room. “Mum? Where is my lunch box? I have to leave. I want to see Sang Ook before school starts” my sister announced in a clearly annoyed voice. Seriously? Why does she not make her lunch herself then? My thoughts didn't last very long since Myungsoo's picture kept popping up in my head which made me smile like a crazy fool. “Here are two lunch boxes filled with Kimbap and Kimchi. Take one and have a nice school day!” my mum said with a calm and collected voice. I admire her patience. My sister muttered a “thanks”, took one lunch box and walked away. “Goodbye Hee-young a! Have fun!” I yelled after I swallowed the bite I just took. “Yeah. You too” she replied before slamming the door. My mum got herself a cup of coffee and sat down in front of me. We just sat there enjoying each others presence without speaking. After I finished my food I started sipping on my tea which was still very hot and burned my tongue. I took the glass of water my sister didn't finish and drowned the content within one gulp. My mum chuckled but didn't say anything. Another thing I love about my mum. She doesn't nag and gives you the privacy you need and she nearly never mocks you. After I finished the water my mum asked whether I needed more water. “I am fine” I said with a grateful smile. At least I tried to let my smile seem grateful since my smile looks always the same to me. “So, when are you back today?” my mum questioned. I told her wasn't sure because of the martial arts club I joined. “I see. Why don't you write me a short text so I know when I have to have dinner ready.” she said. “I really have no clue when I will be back. I will just buy me something to eat on the way. Don't bother about making food for me.” I replied while finishing my tea. As well as me my mum finished her drink and this time it was her who collected the dishes and brought them in the kitchen while I was busy writing with Minzy talking about where we would meet up. Since we first meet in High School Sandra, Minzy, Bom, CL and I have gone to school together. They would come with the bus to the bus stop closest to my home, I would wait for them right there and we would walk to school together. We are all Sophomores and in the same class. Oh, and of course Myungsoo is one of our classmates as well. We were always in the same class except for Middle School when our parents decided it would distract us from the lessons if we were classmates. I stood up from the table and got my school bag. I packed a water bottle and my lunch into my school bag and went to brush my teeth again. After I finished I put on my shoes and my blazer. I picked up my school bag and gave my mum a kiss on the cheek. I looked at my watch and hurried out of the door. I only had 5 minutes to get to the bus stop. Luckily the bus stop was 3 minutes away if you walk fast.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is chapter 2 ;)

I would love to know what you think about it!

And thank you so much colormemhyuk for commenting.