Chapter 24

We will see how this ends

Chapter 24

I was in the building the competition was help in. I watched people warm up. Then our group took a stroll around the area. We soon found out it was the school the previous winner attends and every school who wins has the honour to hold the next competition. After two hours, at 10 am, we sat down in an area where we could see the fights clearly but nobody would be disturbed by my wheelchair. At first there were the semi finals of the girls. None of the girls was from my school and I didn't feel like watching because I was supposed to be down there fighting not watching from a safe distance. Sungyeol, Minzy, Yu Mi and I fooled around all the time and sometimes picked a person out of the crowd and make up the story of his/her life. It was so much fun and soon even our little missy Hee-Young joined and she was extremely funny. I never noticed how creative she is. It was one of the happiest moments in my life. That is another thing my disease taught me. Treasure every moment because they will all fade away. “Thanks for the memories, even though they weren't so great” somehow like this. (The quote is from the song Thanks for the memories by Fall out boy). After 5 rounds the first fight ended. They shook hands and told each other they did great. The next two girls entered the ring and started greeting each other. One of them was pretty merciless and suddenly I was happy being up here and not down there. In the second round Miss Merciless won with a knock out. Ouch. Same procedure as the last two and the MC announced a break.

We didn't feel like walking in this crowd outside so we stayed and all or us talked and laughed a lot. I liked the way my friends were comfortable around my family and didn't act all stiff and shy. I was content. I wish this moment would have last longer but it ended when the second gong made all people go back to their seats.

It is now time for the Semi-finals of the boys. The first one to enter this ring will be Lee Minhyuk and Kim Jung Ho.” The crowed started clapping and we cheered for Minhyuk. I bet he will win. He won with flying colour. Dodging most of the hits and kicks and opponent and act everytime Kim Jung Ho let down his guard. After the third round Kim Jung Ho-sshi laid on the ground unable to get up. Instead of acting all superior Minhyuk went to Kim Jung Ho and helped him as he walked to his seat and sat down. They talked a little, shook hands and Minhyuk left to walk to the team of our school. “Chukahae Minhyuk” I whispered while clapping and smiling. Afterwards we talked about how good Minhyuk did and that it looked like it was a piece of cake for him. Absorbed in our conversation we didn't notice that the next fight started. Only when the whole audience gasped due to the fighting skills of one of the participants. We couldn't have missed that much but one of them was already worn out. One could easily tell. In the last minute of the first round the skilled fighter won. He knocked out his opponent. Jesus! This was some serious . After seeing this fight I grew worried. Minhyuk had to fight against him next. The whole break I barely talked. I was to busy worrying would could possible go wrong. The girl final was the first to take place. The fought well. Both of them. Nobody was able to knock out the other one and after six rounds the points were counted and one of them was announced the winner. “Please say a few words.” the MC asked the winner and gave her an encouraging smile. Hesitant she took the microphone and started. “I am very happy that I was able to win and it would be an honour if my school would be able to host the next competition. So fighting my team-mates.” She made the fighting sign, bowed and left.

Okay. And now the Finals of the boys. On one hand we have Minhyuk. He won second place last year and is a very promising candidate and on the other hand we have the newcomer from Chine Tao. Give it up for those two.” The audience clapped, the MC left the ring and I was paralysed due to anxiety. They shook hands and a gong announced the beginning. Immediately Tao charged Minhyuk and made a spin-kick Minhyuk couldn't block. I closed my eyes. This must've hurt. I wanted to run there and stop this stupid fight. I remained seated though. The first round past. Tao made lot of points. Minhyuk dodged a lot attacks but not everyone and made very few points. He had to step up the game it he wanted to win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy.