Chapter 28

We will see how this ends

Chapter 28

Sunlight shone through the window and left a warm feeling on my face. I slowly opened my eyes and closed them when I was blinded by the light. I heard somebody running around the room, occasionally I could hear a sound that was different from footsteps. Something like things which were thrown around. Strange. I opened my eyes again, this time I mentally prepared myself for the sunlight and was able to open my eyes. I saw Mina running around my room and packing my bag. “Good morning. But what are you doing right now?” I was confused. I was in no state to be discharged from the hospital. I couldn't even walk on my own for more than two minutes. “Morning. I hope you slept well. Babo, I am obviously packing your bag. You are discharged. You only have to come every second morning for therapy and at home you have to practise the assigned exercises. You will see, in a few weeks you will be able walk on your own again even longer distances.” I was stunned. I knew that I recovered quite fast but I never even thought about being released that soon. I stood up and walked to my wardrobe to fetch clothes. I settled for a baggy shirt and skinny jeans. “You look awfully skinny.” Mina told me bluntly. “Oh, thank you very much. You are such an enchanting woman.” I said sarcastically. She smiled at me and continued packing. “I am going to miss him.” I didn't expect her to speak up again. “I am going to miss you too. But maybe I can visit when I pay my daily visits.” “Don't you dare to forget about me.” she said playfully. I sat down on one of the chairs and took my phone from the table. I scrolled to my contacts. Minhyuk. Message. Minhyuk, I don't want to turn down your confession. You mean too much to me. But I can't accept it either as long as I don't know what I feel for you and I think it wouldn't be fair to do so. I respect you way too much for that. Please stay away for a little so I can take my time figuring out my feelings.

I hit the send button. I know he will be hurt badly but everything else would feel wrong and I don't want to have regrets. Live is way too short and we are too fragile for that. Regrets kill us on the inside, they eat us up till there is nothing left. And I really don't need that.
“Hwa-Young?” Mina spoke in a soft voice. It was like she was afraid to scare me if she spoke too loud. I was jerked back to reality. “Huh?” I asked, a little disorientated. “It is time for you to go to therapy.” she stated. “Will you walk me there?” I didn't like that I sounded like a little lost puppy. She smiled and nodded. Let the nightmare begin and the worst part about it, I was wide awake.