Chapter 6

We will see how this ends

Chapter 6

Usually I wish that we would train longer but not today I am so damn happy that we (only) train 90 minutes in one lesson. Even though I am a girl Minhyuk obviously didn't show any mercy. I can't even count how many times he threw me down on the floor. Thankfully he always slowed my fall down so I wouldn't fall too hard. Okay, I admit maybe he showed a little mercy. When I train with Myungsoo I have an equal parter but Minhyuk was soooo much better that me. Well, at least I was able to dodge a few of his attacks and once in a while I could even make a successful move. Most of my attempts to throw him on the floor failed though. If I look at the positive side of today’s training session I can definitely say I learned a lot and found out where my exact weaknesses are. Since I want to participate at the competitions I will work on them. Maybe I should ask someone to train with me daily. But who? Myungsoo? I know every of his techniques and now his reaction to nearly every move. No way I could get better like that. Minhyuk? Surely he could help me to get better but why would he help me? He probably has other things to worry about than some girl who wants to train with him every day. What should I do? I really want to join the team. I remember how crushed I felt last year when I wasn't invited to join the competitions. Not this year. Last year when Myungsoo told me he was in the top 10, his voice so proud of what he had done when he spoke about the competitions. I grew envious and I promised myself that next year I would be on the team as well. Now that I was on the team it wasn't enough anymore. I wanted to have a high ranking. I know I am not the best but even so I would at least fight. I want to stay in memory. The judges should remember me (in the best case this would be good memories). I wish this could be. With a lot of training I could make it. I know it. I can feel it. But who could I train with. Like this I was laying at home on my bed thinking about how I could make my wish come true.

I got it!!!!! I only need a fairy or a genie to fulfil my wish. Easy, why didn't I thought about that earlier. Would have saved me from a lot of thinking. Only problem with my plan? Neither fairies nor genies exist. My master plan is ruined by reality!!! Reality. I slowly start to hate it. Frustrated I got a scribble pad and started to draw a fairy. A very beautiful one flying through the sky and leaving behind a glowing landscape full of magic. I put the picture on the pin board I bought myself last week. If I continue like this I will be hospitalized due to depressions. I heard that dancing frees the serotonin in your brain so you will feel happy. No idea if that is true or not but I decided to try it. I Believe by U-Kiss and started moving at first cautious but as the music continues I started to dance crazier. That was so much fun! I started to join in singing. After the song ended I sat down breathless. After I caught my breath I turned down the volume. And started laughing. My phone suddenly showed one unread message from an unknown number. Hmm. Strange. Who could it be?

If I only ponder about who it could be I will never know, I told myself and opened the text message. “Meet me in the park near your house asap”. No name? The only way to find out who wrote this text is to go to the park. I ran down the corridor, put on shoes and jackets, yelled a short “I'll be back in a few minutes. I need fresh air” and ran out the door. My parents won't get suspicious since I sometimes go for a short walk when I get a headache. I hurried to the park because I was extremely curious. When I reached the park the first thing I saw was an old married couple taking a walk together. I smiled and looked around for the person who wrote the message. I saw a person sitting on a bench a little aside the way. I walked towards the person and hoped that it was the person who texted me otherwise this would turn out quite embarrassing for me. I stopped walking when I almost reached the bench. I took a deep breath and walked around the bench to spot the person sitting there. Surprisingly I saw Minhyuk eyes closed enjoying the sun before it sets. I smiled at his relaxed face and sat down next to him. I looked at his face. I knew he was handsome but right now he looked gorgeous! “I am afraid you will make a hole in my head” Minhyuk said without opening his eyes. “Whoa~~. How did you know I was here and looking at you?” I asked him shocked. He laughed. I like the way his real laugh sounded not the forced laugh he showed often in the training room when he laughed at bad jokes out of kindness. Minhyuk's laugh was rather catching and I couldn't help myself but to smile also. It didn't even matter that he laughed at me. After he stopped laughing I asked him what he was doing here. “I wanted to ask you something” he said slowly. On no, hopefully he won't ask me to date him or something. I mean you can see situations like this in every romantic film. “Well, I don't know. I... uhm...” I stuttered. “You don't know if I can ask you something?” Minhyuk asked incredulous. “You know while we trained together today I realized that I am a little out of form because I always teach you guys but I only train myself once in a while.” I looked at him and nodded. What he just said made sense to me. I often asked myself how he could do this well in fights, especially in competitions when I don't even see him train regularly. “I see your point. What can I help you with that?” I asked clueless. “You really don't know? It is so easy! I want you to be my training partner for the time until the school compete against each other. I would like to be prepared then and I liked training with you. So please help me” he looked at me with those beautiful eyes. “Of course! I would love to train with you! How often do you want to train and when?” I didn't even hesitated before answering. He chuckled at my euphoric reaction. “Everyday after school. We can meet up in the training room” he stood up and turned to leave. “And thank you” he sent me a sincere smile. I smile back at him. How lucky can I even get?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was quite a tiring day for me and I thought about not updating today but I can't do that because I don't want to disappoint my lovely readers