Chapter 20

We will see how this ends

Chapter 20

One sentence. That's all it took to ruin my life. One sentence to make clear that the life I dreamed of was impossible for me to live. One sentence to turn my world upside down. I never knew what impact a single sentence could have on your whole life. “I know this is shocking. But I wanted to tell you that there are good chances for you to survive. You noticed the signs fast and acted immediately. On top of that you have a very common blood type.” I don't know if Dr. Lee just tried to calm me down. But I knew better than to get y hopes up. It would only make the disappointment stronger. “Thank you Dr. Lee.” I said “Could you please now? All of you?” I pleaded. But I needed time to think. My parents left with the doctor. My sister stayed unsure of what she should do. “Please leave” My voice was barely audible but my sister heard it and hesitantly left. As soon as I was alone I closed my eyes processing what I just heard. I was sick. I had leukaemia. It felt surreal. I took out my phone and started researching. One figure said that 53% of all women with leukaemia survive at least the following five years. Well, that's more than half. My chances weren't that bad. I smiled. Sleep overwhelmed me. Still smiling I fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short update.

So I think this story will end in maybe 10 chapters from here... We'll see