Chapter 5

We will see how this ends

Chapter 5

I stood there in silence. Completely frozen. I was so happy right now I couldn't do anything. Minhyuk on the other hand panicked. Probably because he thought I felt offended or something like that. “Please say something.” he begged. Silence was my answer. “Anything? I wanted you to know that I think you would be a perfect addition to our team. If you don't want to yell at me but please react in any kind of way ” he said in a voice which made clear he gave me up. I admit, I was a little hopeless that moment. Not moving one bit and staring at him. He started studying me. “Are you that shocked?” he asked now a hint of amusement in his voice. I slowly nodded my head. I must look veeeerrrrry intelligent right now. Way to go Hwa-young thought. Would be even better if I was head over heels for him. I was sure as hell impressing him right now. Minhyuk obviously found this situation very amusing because he started smiling. “Class is about to start. In around 15 Minutes the first members are going to arrive. You can either get ready before they come or continue standing there like a statue. Suit yourself” he told me trying hard to hold back his laughter. Okay I knew I looked ridiculous but I didn't know I looked pathetic enough to make somebody laugh. At least he was a gentlemen and didn't say anything about my behaviour. A silly remark was the last thing I needed right now. Since the realization hit me of how insane I acted I rushed to the changing room for girls utterly embarrassed. If I ever try to impress somebody I definitely know what I won't do. Oh my. Thinking about how I could save my image I slowly started to change into my sports clothes. One by one the other girls from the martial arts club came in and started changing as well. We were six girls in total and ten boys including Minhyuk and Myungsoo. Speaking of Myungsoo I didn't think about him for a while now and that is something that happens rarely. But even now I can't focus on Myungsoo since my mind wandered back to my embarrassing behaviour just then in front of Minhyuk. I had to do really well in training to clean my image from the title “the girl who gets shocked easily and looks quite pathetic at those moments”. I don't know why but I really wanted to prove everybody that I deserved to be on our team for the competitions. I finished changing and walked into our training room once again. It was only Minhyuk and me in the training room because the rest of the team we still changing. Minhyuk stopped doing sit-ups when I entered and smiled at me. “I see you recovered. Ready to start training?” he asked sounding completely normal even if he continued doing sit-ups. “Sure. And... uhm... if you stick with your offer I'd really like to join our school team for the competition” I said. While sitting up he smiled at me “I didn't change my mind and I am glad to hear that you are participating”. Since other students started to fill the training room we stopped our little conversation and when everybody was there Minhyuk told us that the school competitions are coming up and he already started to plan the team and if we want to be on the team we should try harder than usual in the following weeks. Everybody started talking loudly and I looked around and saw many euphoric faces. One person was smiling at me. Myungsoo. Oh, I totally forgot about him. He was on the team last time and he did very well but of course he wasn't better than Minhyuk. Last year Minhyuk was second in the solo competitions (Myungsoo was ranked 8th). Our school won fifth place out of 64 schools who participated.

After the noises slowly died down Minhyuk said: “Since you seem all so eager to be on the team why don't we start now. Please run for 15 Minutes afterwards we continue to warm up with a partner. Lets go” Everybody stood up and not even a single person was reluctant today. I smiled and started running. Within a few seconds Myungsoo was next to me. “Don't you dare to run off without me after you stood me up” he said in a serious voice. “I beg for your forgiveness sir”. He started smiling and started to pick up the pace. We train together since we were kids. We started together and were used to each others personal fighting style. I easily jogged next to him. We ran like this without talking in a comfortable silence. “Well done! Please build pairs and start to warm up together” Minhyuk yelled. Myungsoo automatically looked at me and I nodded in agreement. Like this we didn't waste time to find partners like the other ones did. We started a warm up routine and Minhyuk walked around checking if everyone had a partner and did the exercises correctly. “Myungsoo your arms have to have a right angle” he states as he reached Myungsoo and me and saw us doing push-ups. Myungsoo started to do the push-ups right under the attentive gaze of Minhyuk but as soon as Minhyuk passed by and Myungsoo returned to do his push-ups less deep. I couldn't help but grin at my best friend. He calls himself a master of martial arts even if he doesn't even do the push-ups correctly. It's not like he can't do them right but he thinks it's just to tiring doing them they way they should be done. “Stop grinning like that” Myungsoo told me. “What makes you think I am grinning?” I shot back after putting on a serious face. He jokingly rolled his eyes at me and I stuck out my tongue at him. I know I am childish but what does it matter. I am only sixteen. I am allowed to be childish. After another ten minutes passed Minhyuk told us to change our partner so we could start fighting and we wouldn't fight with the same person all the time.

It can't work out like this since nobody is absent today and it is rather hard to train alone” I muttered to Myungsoo but unfortunately Minhyuk heard what I said since we were standing in the front row. “Since you still have breath to make a sarcastic remark I suggest you train with me today. This way everybody has a training partner as well” Minhyuk answered with an angelic smile. Uh-oh. This is not going to end well!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I should be learning history since we write a class test tomorrow but who cares. I like to update a lot more!!!!

Thank you so much for you nice feedback KianaBritollia!!! Brightend up my day :)