Chapter 25

We will see how this ends

Chapter 25

The beginning of the second round was hard for me to watch but then Tao made a mistake and Minhyuk used this one weakness. You could see that he analysed Tao's steps and whenever Tao lacked or made a mistake Minhyuk was there and showed him his mistake. The second and third round ended like this and when the fourth round started I could tell that Tao was angry. He looked scary. So damn scary I thought about escaping and bring distance between us.

His anger didn't help him at all he attacked harder but he made so many mistakes. Minhyuk saw each one of them and by the time half of the round was over Minhyuk made a high kick. And Tao fell. He didn't stand up. He just laid there. Totally exhausted. I couldn't believe my eyes. Minhyuk won. MINHYUK WON!!!!! I smiled, applauded and cheered. HE deserved this victory. He did well. “What a turn in events! At first it looked like Minhyuk would lose by far but now he is our winner. Say a few words about the source of strength. What made you get up and fight?” the MC said. I curled my hand to fists. It looked like you would lose. How mean. Minhyuk didn't seem affected by his words. He took the mic and started talking. “Actually I also thought I would lose” he laughed. “But then I though about the disappointment the person I trained so hard with would feel. We trained together and both improved. She was supposed to fight for our school too but her battle changed. She fights but not down here. She has her own battle right now and I wish her luck and victory” he said. “Thank you for your word. Excuse my question but what battle does she have to fight?” the MC asked, his voice full of curiosity. “A doctor diagnosed cancer” he said and sadness was evident in his voice. He talked about me. I was not the only one who noticed 'cause all of my chaperones looked at me. I shrugged and turned my attention back to Minhyuk but he was gone. A voice blasted through the room. “We will now look which school won the tournament. The results will be out in approximately 30 minutes. Thank you for you patience.” “I want to see Minhyuk oppa” my little sister stated. “Is it okay if you take me?” I asked. She nodded. “Anyone else joining?” my sis asked and everyones reply was positive so my sister pushed me slowly down to the teams. My parents, Minzy, Yu mi and Sungyeol trailing behind us. Then I saw him. He was sitting alone in a corner with closed eyes. I freed myself from my sister and rushed (as far as that is possible for a newbie in a wheelchair) to him. I stopped one metre before him. “I think you are way too good for the girl you talked about in your speech.” I said. “Don't you dare talk about her like” he abruptly stopped talking when he saw who was talking. “Hwa-Young?” he asked. I nodded. “I was very touched by your speech. Thank you so much.” I said. He smiled. “I meant every single word.” “I know” I said, smiling softly. Just the the others arrived and everyone congratulated Minhyuk. I took off without anyone noticing. I went to the flower stand I saw earlier and bought Minhyuk the most beautiful bouquet I could find. I smiled in content and hurried back.

His smile widened and he thanked me multiple times when I handed him the flowers. “You deserve it. You did great.” I said.

We spent the whole day together. Little did I know that Myungsoo watched every move we made. The school which one was announced. I never heard of it before. We drove back all together. Minhyuk ditched his team and went with us. They all brought me to the hospital and I was so tired I fell asleep the moment my head hit the pillow. Another day filled with good memories had passed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry I didn't update yesterday. I just didn't have the time