Chapter 1

We will see how this ends

Chapter 1

You want to know why I try to avoid bringing my friends to my house? Well, here is a perfect example. I was having dinner with my parents. My mum sat next to me, while my dad was seated right in front of me. If they talk to each other their voices are cold and don't show any emotions. Actually I am quite happy whenever they talk to each other about things that aren't related to me or my sister. Really it is awkward sitting between your parents and have to pass the salt to one of them, only to hear the other one asking if he could have the salt back again. Not because they like salty food - to be honest they despite salty food - but because they don't want the other one to have it. Childish? Definitely. Whenever one of them has the salt they pour in so little that they wouldn't have to taste it. If the situation wasn't be so serious I would probably laugh my off. So here I was passing salt around and pitying myself because I would have to eat my noodle soup cold later. And who wants to eat cold noodle soup? Yep, you are right. No one! “Youngie~, could you pass me the salt once again?“ I was asked by my dad. I have had enough. Without another word I stood up and walked into the kitchen. I got a second salt shaker and walked back into the dining room. I placed it in front of my dad and started eating my nearly cold soup. The only advantage of a cold meal is that you can't burn your tongue. I burn my tongue awfully often. I ate my dinner quietly and after I was done I collected the dishes of the three of us. Since my parents kept me busy when we started eating they finished their soup before me and waited till I was done. We always have to wait at the table until everyone finishes the meal that is one of the rules in our house. Don't get me wrong my parents aren't very strict. Just normal I guess. I walked into the kitchen (again), filled the dishwasher and turned it on afterwards. I started heading for my room but unfortunately I would have to cross the dining room for that again. I walked very fast and when I passed through the living room I heard my mum mutter a quiet “Thank you“. I smiled at her and walked out on the corridor. I stopped walking when my lovely sister came through our front door. “Hey! You are late. Where have you been?“ I greeted her. “Mind your one business“ was the answer I got from her. I love it when people are in a good mood. “Okay then. Since I don't want to interfere with your life any more I won't tell you that there is some noodle soup left“ I said in a cheerful voice just to annoy her. She frowned but said thank you anyway. I sent her a smile and continued walking down the corridor to my room sending a silent thank you to my parents for giving me a room far away from the other bedrooms in our house. Except for the guest room but it was very rare to have guests staying at your house so I was pretty much alone here. Only disadvantage of my room? Easy, my sister's room is directly above mine so if she is angry at me she jumps around and turns on the music as loud as she can without getting into trouble. Even if her name has the meaning pleasure I can tell you a younger sister who is going through puberty is no pleasure at all! I finally reached my room and hurried towards my phone because mobile phones are forbidden while eating. I checked if I had any messages. I often check but most of the time I don't have a message. This time I did have one. One of my best friends, CL, asked if I understood the Japanese homework which was due tomorrow. I replied that I will have a look and tell her afterwards. Soon my phone showed me a message with the content okay :) thanks. I smiled and wrote my pleasure. 'OMG!!! It is your pleasure to do homework! Creep alert!!!' was the response I got from her. I smiled again and sat down at my desk with the Japanese homework in front of me. Suddenly my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller id and saw my best friends name. Kim Myungsoo aka L <3. A wide smile stretched across my face. I took a deep breath and answered my phone. “Hwa-Youngie? I need your help. I am close to dying and you are the only one who can rescue me!!“ I smiled because of his cute voice. I admit I am in love with my best friend. Does he know? HELL NO!! But someday we will be together I am quite sure of it! “What a coincident. I just started but I only get half of it.“ I said with a stressed voice. I heard him chuckling. God, why mus his voice sound so y? “See, that's a lot more than I understand! Please, help me. I am lost without you“ I heard the smile through his voice. “I will help you if you admit that you need me.“ I tried hard to have an emotionless voice. Myungsoo took a deep breath and said:“I, Lee Myungsoo, need you more than anyone else, Hwa-young“. His statement made my heart beat faster because I could hear he really meant what he said. I reminded myself that we are only friends (so far) and started to work on the worksheet while explaining Myungsoo the reasons why I did what I did. After we were finished I asked him to wait for a minute and took a picture of my solutions and send it to CL. “I am back“I said after I made sure the picture was sent. “Finally, I nearly died of boredom!“ answered Myungsoo. “Can't even do a minute without me?“ I said in a teasing manner while starting to do my other homework. “Of course not! How could I?“he replied in the same teasing voice but we both knew he honestly meant what he said. We talked for the whole night and additionally we both made our homework so there were a few moments where none of us spoke because we were too concentrated. It wasn't awkward at all since we were friends from kindergarten onwards. After I finished my homework I packed my school bag because the next day was Monday. Making myself ready for bed after having hung up on Myungsoo. I laid down on my bed and tried to find a comfortable sleeping position but nothing worked. I groaned in frustration and reached for my phone and called Myungsoo. “What is it? Can't sleep?“ greeted Myungsoo. “Help me, please.“ I imitated his voice from earlier. He chuckled and started singing a slow song. With every note he sang I became more and more tired and soon I slept soundly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First chapter. Please tell me what you think.

BTW silent readers are as welcomed as any other reader (I understand you since I don't really like to comment as well xD)