The True Love Necklace.

FANTASTIC FANTASIES.

“Hyung…let’s talk.” Bambam said coming to sit beside me. We had been at the beach all day and he had bright pink cheeks.

“What’s up.” I said as I tossed a shell I had picked up out into the water.

“I know we said we were going to pretend the past week never happened…and I’m great with that…but I think we need to talk about it first.” He said looking down at the sand. He was sounding a lot more mature.

“What’s there to talk about? You’ve forgiven me…and I’ve promised not to do something like that again.” I said shrugging. I didn’t want to talk about it, because even though it was beneficial for our group to continue denying my feelings, I knew I was lying every time I denied her…and it was hurting me.

“Mark hyung…I know I was horrible…I know I made you feel horrible.” Bambam said softly. “But I’ve thought about it…a lot.” He said looking up to me. “And I want you to know I’ll support you no matter what you decide with kairen. Yes I love her, but I’ve come to realize that I just over thought my feelings for her. I’ve never really been so close to a girl before and I thought my feelings were something different than they really were…I noticed over the week I was being a baby, that I really just like having her close to me…she’s an amazing girl and I do love her…as the sister she is to me.” he said seriously. I watched him as he spoke and I knew he was being honest with me right now, he really had realized what his feelings for her actually were. As he spoke I also heard some similarities in it…to what kairen had said to me about my feelings for her. Could it really be the same as with bambam…that I just wasn’t used to being so close with a girl like this?

“Bambam, I don’t think there will ever be anything with me and kairen more than the friends we are…so I don’t think you should even have to worry about having this conversation with me.” I said patting his shoulder.

“I know you are lying…or in denial…or whatever…it has to be that…but I’ll leave it alone. I just wanted to let you know.” He said grinning at me cutely.

“Oh what are my boy’s up to.” A chirpy voice said happily as kairen popped up between us throwing her arm around our shoulders. I looked to her startled by her sudden appearance. There was a slight flush to her cheeks, was she sunburnt?

“Ohh, noona.” Bambam said waving his hand at her. That’s when I noticed the scent of alcohol on her. It wasn’t strong but it was there.

“Have you been drinking?” I asked startled.

“Hmmm…a little.” She said holding up her hand gesturing a pinch. “Umma let me try her drink.” She said proudly.

“You only tried a drink? And you’re like this?” I said shocked. she dropped to the sand between us keeping her arms around our shoulders.

“I love you guys.” She said absentmindedly as she stared out at the ocean. “I want to go swimming.” She said standing up. She wasn’t drunk but she was definitely tipsy and it made me nervous to think of her going into the ocean.

“UH…maybe you should wait a little.” I said jumping up and grabbing her wrist. Bambam hopped up as well but not to help me.

“Where’s umma, I wanna try her drink.” He said looking around before running off. I just stared after him shocked. That little traitor

“Ok…no swimming.” She said shrugging. She turned around suddenly taking me by surprise and I stumbled. On reflex I reached out to grab at something and I grabbed her, with her tipsy state she couldn’t hold her balance and we both tumbled to the ground her on top of me. I was shocked by how my heart reacted as it stuttered in my chest at the contact with her. I could smell her cherry blossom shampoo mixed with the scent of sunblock and they mixed together for an intoxicating scent. Her skin was heated from the sun as it pressed against me and I felt my face flushing of its own accord.

“G-Gwenchana?” I stuttered an I sat up slightly. I reached up with a shaky hand pushing the hair from her face and curling it around her ear as I looked in her eyes. She was staring at me shocked.

“I’m fine.” she said softly her voice shaking a little. I couldn’t help but look down to her lips, they looked sweet and pink and full…I knew well how they would feel if I kissed them, how they would react to my touch. I gulped as she continued to stare at me…what was she thinking!

“Dinner!” her mom called loudly making me and her jump startled. In a split second she was on her feet pushing her hair back as from her face as she looked around embarrassed.

“Mian…dinner.” She said and hurried off up the beach towards the house.

“Argh!” I groaned as I flopped back into the sand.

“Oh yea…you don’t like her all right?” I opened my eye’s squinting against the sun as Jackson’s face appeared above me. He crouched down beside me with a smirk on his face. “Man…either you forgot any sunblock…or you’re blushing harsh.” He said poking my cheek. “Don’t worry…I didn’t see a thing.” He said mimicking like he was zipping his lips before standing up and whistling as he walked off.  I was in trouble.

 

I hurried up the beach smacking my cheeks as I went. What had I been doing! Just sitting there staring at him like I was hoping he would kiss me…truthfully I think I did hope he would kiss me again. All I could think about was how his hand felt against my cheek when he brushed my hair from my face; how his lips felt against mine the time he kissed me.

“Kairen, your mom’s cooking is Daebak!” youngjae said around a mouth full of food as he made his way to the table on the patio. I chuckled shaking the thoughts of what just happened from my head. I was here to hang out with my friends not fantasize about mark’s lips. 

“I know, I’ve grown up with it.” I said smugly as I took the plate my mom had made for me. I sat at the table beside bambam and across from Jackson who was smirking at me. I furrowed my brow confused but he just shrugged and sipped his drink. 

Everyone sat around the table eating and chatting happily my parents making jokes about me to my friends that I took with a smile because they were funny. 

“So kid’s what say you about a bonfire? It’s a little chilly tonight but it’s to nice to sit inside.” my dad said as he sipped on the beer my mom handed him.

“Oh daebak!” yugyeom said grinning his cheesy grin. Everyone agreed happily thinking it was a great idea.

“Arrasso, mark will you help me get it put together?” my dad asked standing up. mark jumped to attention at the sound of my dads request.

“Oh…nae…of course.” He said standing up hurriedly. My dad chucked clapping him on the shoulder as he ushered him off the patio around to where we had a stack of wood for the fire pit out on the beach.

“I’m going to clean up while they do that.” My mom said standing up. “Bambam sweetie, would you help mom?” she said adoringly. Bambam grinned nodding.

“nae umma.” He said hopping up and gathering up dishes.

“I’m going to go call my mom…she said to call her tonight.” Yugyeom said meekly scratching the back of his neck. He stood up dialing out on his phone. “umma…anni I didn’t forget.” He said sweetly as he left the table and wandered off. I chuckled at how cute he was. Jb and jr wandered off to bring all the guy’s luggage to their rooms as youngjae wandered off to fidget with some mechanical thing he had found on the beach leaving me and jackson at the table.

“Kairen, let’s go for a walk hmmm.” Jackson said standing up. I looked at him confused but shrugged thinking it would be nice.

“Arrasso…umma me and jackson are going to explore a little. We’ll be back in a bit.” I called into the kitchen.

“Nae, be careful keep your phone on you!” she called back before returning to her conversation with bambam. Jackson tucked his hands into his pockets as we started off down the beach. “Why did you want to go for a walk all of the sudden?” I asked curiously making conversation.

“Hmmm…oh I wanted to talk to you about something private.” He said seriously. I looked at him shocked.

“Chincha?” I never thought me and him were close enough for that.

“Nae, let me ask you something.” He said as we walked. “You like mark don’t you.” he spoke so blunt I almost didn’t realize what he asked me.

“ye-what no!” I blurted catching myself. he chuckled looked at me evenly.

“Liar.” He said smoothly. I bit my lip taking a deep breath as I looked down.

“Is it obvious?” I said embarrassed. This made him burst into laughter.

“I knew it!” he said clapping his hands. “Oh, you and he are so confusing. If you like each other what’s the problem?” Jackson said shaking his head.

“What…oh well…I mean bambam…” I said trying to come up with a reason.

“Bambam is a little kid. He doesn’t know what love is. He was just confused and he’s already come to terms with it so you can’t blame it on him, the only thing standing between you two is both of your insecurities.” I was staring at Jackson flabbergasted. I couldn’t believe I was having this conversation with him…he was so…smooth with the ladies but I never thought he could be deep like this.

“Jackson…I don’t think me and mark…would ever work.” I said seriously. I wasn’t sure if it was true but…I was afraid to find out. “Omo! Look!” I said suddenly changing the subject. Down the beach a little there was a women selling trinkets off a blanket. I ran over without seeing if jackson was going to follow. “Annyeong!” I said happily to the lady.

“Hello sweetie.” She said grinning up at me. She had very tanned skin showing she was out here often.

“Oh that’s cute.” I said bending down to see a necklace that was red heart that looked like it was yarn, and the chain was also red designed like yarn.

“Oh that’s the true love necklace. It’s a really special piece.” She said picking it up and holding it out to me. I touched it and even though it looked like yarn it was solid and warm from the sun.

“it’s beautiful” I said caressing the heart.

“It is, the most beautiful part about it is that it opens.” She said grinning. She took and pinched the heart and it came apart in two pieces forming two necklaces.

“Oh it’s a couple necklace.” I said happily. she reconnected it handing it to me to look at. I furrowed my brow confused when I couldn’t get it to separate. This made the lady laugh.

“It’s special because only one who’s found their true love and accepted them into their heart can open it. I’m an old lady dear I’ve found and lost my true love already…it comes apart me me easily. No matter how hard you try…you can’t open it until you’ve accepted your love.” She said smiling at me. I frowned a little disappointed but something made me want to buy the necklace.

“How much is it?” I asked curiously.

“Hmmm…let me read your fortune…that’s the price.” Shocked I looked to jackson who was just watching interested. Shrugging I turned back around nodding. “Give me your hand.” She said holding out hers. I smiled giving her my hand. She flipped it over and running her finger over the lines of my palm. She glanced up to me then back to my palm looking at it intently. “As I expected.” She said smiling softly. She turned my hand over cupping it between her own giving it a pat. “This necklace will prove use full to you soon, your surrounded by the true loves of your life.” I furrowed my brow confused.

“Loves?” I asked curiously.

“Mmmmm, you are blessed to have more than one true love in your life. Not all of them are the love of the necklace but all are true in your heart. There is one that is the truest…he will be the lock to the necklace.” She said smiling now. “You just have to allow him in.” my heart was beating in my throat now as she spoke to me. “It will be a relationship filled to the brim with the purest love and care, but that does not mean there won’t be hardships. You have to be the one to keep strong, because he will waver in fear of losing you. When you realize this boy as your truest…don’t let him go.” She said releasing my hand. I took a deep breath not having realized that I hadn’t been breathing. “Here’s your necklace dear…keep it safe.”