Party

FANTASTIC FANTASIES.

We sat awkwardly around the table not knowing what to do. The guys had come back shortly after mark had left and we were all sitting quietly not knowing what to do. I glanced at mark to see he was staring off into space. I couldn’t stop looking at him…I couldn’t stop thinking about what he could have been crying about…or if I had really seen it, but he was avoiding even looking at me at all. I took a deep breath and sipped at the soda in my hand.

“Well…” jb said breaking the awkward silence. I sat up straight hoping he had a way to end this. “I think I need another drink.” He said and got up moving to a table that they had filled with drinks and snacks. I sighed flopping deflated back into the seat when music suddenly filled the hangout. I looked up to see Jb wink at me. “Sorry guy’s it was getting a little awkward in here. kairen wanna play basket ball?” he asked picking up the ball and dribbling it over to me. I grinned nodding glad to be away from the table.

“yes…please.” I said and hurried with him. I heard the boy’s all jumping up to join.

“Me too!” bambam called.

“Arrasso, let’s split into teams then.” Jb said when everyone was with us. “Who’s team captain?”

“I nominate jb!” I called grinning at him glad he was here.

“I nominate Mark.” Jackson said laughing. I gave him a small glare.

“I second that.” Jb said. I deflated pouted shrugging.

“I’ll be captain.” Mark said stepping forward. “If miyavi will be the other teams captain.” He said shocking us. Miyavi looked to me and I shrugged not knowing what was up either. “Just trying to include you is all.” mark said shrugging.

“Arrasso, I’ll do it.” he said as he pulled a band from his wrist and tied his hair up in a swift move exposing the tattoos on his neck. He slipped out of his jacket leaving him in a black tank.

“Ok captains are settled. Let’s choose teams.” Jb said moving to stand beside me.

“Thank you.” I whispered when he was close enough. He just grinned and gave my arm a little squeeze.

“No problem.”

“Arrasso, miyavi you go ahead and choose first.” Mark said offering. Miyavi grinned and nodded.

“Then I’ll choose yugyeom.” Yugyeom grinned giving a little fist bump to miyavi grinning. I looked to jb shocked that he hadn’t chose me first…was he not supposed to be making up with me.

“Butthead.” I mumbled making miyavi his brow at me. I looked away like I didn’t know anything.

“Then I’ll choose jackson.” Mark said calling Jackson over.

“My man!” Jackson cheered running over clapping hands with mark patting his shoulder.

It went back and forth like that, miyavi wound up with yugyeom, jb, and jr. mark chose jackson and youngjae, which left me and bambam. They decided because I was a girl whoever got me would just have a handicap…I took offense but let it go because I knew I wasn’t that great at basketball anyway. The team’s waited as mark looked between me and bambam as he decided is last player. He dropped his hand from his mouth erasing the pensive look from his face as he decided.

“I’ll take bambam and the handicap you guys get kairen.” He said waving bambam over. bambam grinned and waved to me as he ran over to his team. I gawked at mark he had openly denied me to his team. Shrugging I skipped over to the team with miyavi.

“Hello…” I said waving cutely making miyavi smirk. “Yugyeommie…you’ll help me right?” I said clasping my arms behind my back.

“Of course noona…stick by me.” he said smugly.

“Alright, toss up.” the guys spread to different sides of the floor so we could play. I stood on the side a little not sure what to do.

“Noona…” yugyeom whispered catching my attention. He grinned waving me over to him. “Stand here.” he said placing me in a spot. I nodded my thanks and stood in my spot a little awkwardly. Miyavi and mark stood face to face waiting for the jb to toss up the ball. When he did I expected miyavi to when the toss up because he was a head taller than mark but mark jumped up smacking the ball out of the way into the hands of his team. I was startled by how high he jumped. When he landed I noticed he winced and stumbled a little but recovered so fast it was almost like nothing had happened.

“Noona!” I jumped startled to see yugyeom with the ball. He was dribbling it keeping it away from the others. he nodded for me to come over and I nodded running over to him. he easily bounced the ball between bambam and jackson to me and I caught it dribbling it weakly not sure what to do. Before I knew what happened yugyeom was to my side grabbing me up and lifting me high into the air so I could easily reach the hoop, I didn’t even have to toss it I just reached out and dropped it in. my team cheered and the others just laughed as I beamed happily. “See noona, I told you I’d look out for you.” yugyeom said placing me back down on the ground. I laughed giving him a high five. The game went like that for a while. Mark’s team would score; yugyeom would help me score with the others helping him clear the way. It was actually pretty fun. I couldn’t help that I kept watching mark, he played like I wasn’t even there and I couldn’t deny that it bothered me.  i stood watching them play as I wasn’t really any help at the moment, I kept watching mark and I couldn’t deny something seemed off about him but I couldn’t be sure what it was.  Suddenly the ball got away from the players as they were running and mark moved to get it. his foot slipped out from underneath him sending him flying forward…right at me. I yelped as he slammed into me both of us falling backwards to the ground. he wrapped his arms around my waist spinning us slightly so neither of us hit the ground completely. i felt us slide across the slick floor a little before we came to a stop.

“Omo! Gwenchana!” I heard the others call. I looked up to see mark staring down at me wide eyed. my heart was thumping in my chest from the adrenaline and I couldn’t move even if mark hadn’t been holding tightly onto me.

“Gwenchana.” He finally asked. I hesitated before nodding. He released me suddenly and jumped to his feet leaving me on the ground still shocked. I sat up slowly rubbing my elbow that had connected with the ground.

“Oppa?” We all turned to the staircase to see Ae sook standing there looking great as always. Mark stiffened slightly before me moved over to ae sook and they started talking in hushed whisperes as she cut glares in my direction.

“Hey.” I looked up to see miyavi offering me his hand and I gave him a meek smile accepting it as he pulled me to my feet and dusted me off.

“Thanks.”

“Noona…are you ok?” bambam asked running over to me. I nodded grinning at my little buddy.

“I’m hungry…let’s eat.” I said to bambam knowing he would eat with me. he nodded happily and me and him interlocked arms before skipping to the table forgetting the others as they went off to do something.

“Noona, I read your updates last night.” bambam whispered over the table as we loaded up out plates with pizza and snacks.

“Chincha? Where they good, I feel like I had been in a slump previously.” He nodded giving me a thumbs up.

“Daebak.” I laughed happily. “But noona, are you going to get back together with miyavi hyung?” bambam asked as we sat down beside each other in one of the booths. We scooted close together to the back of the booth so we could talk in private with our heads ducked together.

“I don’t know…I don’t think I really want to get back together with him like that…not again.” I said honestly as I took a bite out of the pizza. He grinned nodding as he chomped on some chips.

“Arrasso, that’s good. I was worried because if you date someone you won’t be able to hang out with us like this anymore.” He said sadly. I looked at him In awe.

“Don’t worry about that, I will never abandon you guys even if I got a boyfriend…especially you bambam.” I said pinching his cheek. He blushed a little but seemed happy about it. I glanced up on reflex to see mark and ae sook still talking heatedly.

“Yah…bambam are they dating now or something.” I tried to hide my disdain towards the topic and by the look on bambams face I had.

“Nae, I think so.” He said nodding. My heart leapt into my throat stopping the pizza from going down my throat and I coughed choking. “Oh…you ok?” bambam asked patting my back. I nodded as I sipped on my drink washing down the food.

“Bambam…stop hogging kairen…I need to speak to her.” Jackson said flopping down into the booth beside me. he through his arm over the back of the booth behind me. “Go over with the others…just a moment.” He said to bambam. Bambam looked between us confused and a little put out.

“I don’t wanna.” He said pouting. Jackson just gave him a look and bambam sighed defeated and slid from the booth with his food and went to stand with the others.

“What’s up jackson…why’d you kick bambam out.” I said popping a chip into my mouth.

“You write fantastic fantasies don’t you.” he said whispering into my ear. My eyes widened and I looked at him shocked.

“What…anni.” I said shaking my head. He smirked scooting closer.

“Really…hmm because I read an update last night including me, and it was with me and g.na noona and Suzy together…I strictly remember telling you I had a fantasy about them. I only told you.” I gulped guiltily and laughed nervously.

“Coincidence?” I said praying he would believe me.

“Hmmm…maybe, but this couldn’t be a coincidence…I strictly remember telling you this…down to the last…detail.” He said leaning over and whispering in my ear. I blushed deeply as I remembered him telling me. I scrunched my eyes in defeat.

“Aish…I thought that was too erted a scene for me to have come up with…I subconsciously used your scenario.” I said sighing.

“Aha! So you do write them!” I boomed. I yelped and slapped my hand over his mouth.

“Shhhh, don’t tell anyone hmm…promise?” he furrowed his brow confused.

“Wae?” he asked, his voice muffled from my hand. I dropped my hand sighing. “It’s awesome…I think it’s kind of y.” He said smirking. I shook my head denying him.

“Anni, it’s embarrassing, I’ve kept it a secret for years. It didn’t start getting discovered until I was friends with you people.” knowing I probably had to threaten him to keep him quiet I decided to lie. “so If I feel like I’ll be discovered any more…I’ll shun you…all of you.” I said pointing at him.

“alright, alright.” He said holding up his hands in defense.

“What are you two talking about?” ae sook said sliding into the booth in front of me and jackson with mark in tow. Mark avoided eye contact with me yet again.

“Nothing, so ae sook what brings you here…didn’t you see the closed sign out front?” jackson asked smugly. Ae sook bit her lip looking at him coldly.

“I assumed that didn’t apply to the girlfriend of a member. “ she said smoothly crossing her arms making her chest pop out. I nibbled at the pizza awkwardly as jackson and ae sook seemed to have a battle of wills.

“well you know what assuming does…it makes an-“

“Alright!” mark said loudly cutting jackson off.

“Mian.” He said slouching back into the seat.

“Kairen, don’t you think you are spending too much time with the boys?” Ae sook said snidly.

“Ae sook.” Mark scolded but she ignored him.

“I mean don’t you have any female friends? Or are you hanging around them for something else…you and jackson seem pretty close.” She said smirking. mark slammed his hand down on the table and jumped up grabbing her wrist.

“quit it…come on.” he said yanking her from the booth. “Sorry kairen…bye we are leaving.” He said to the others before pulling an angry ae sook with him from the hangout. I just stared after them in shock.

“well…that was entertaining.” I said blowing a big breath. This made jackson chuckle. He pat my arm and slid from the booth heading over to the others. 

“Kairen…” miyavi walked over sliding into the booth beside me. “Are you ok?” he asked wrapping his arm over my shoulder. I gave him a smile and nodded. “Good, umm I have to be going soon. I need to get to the studio early in the morning…are you going to stay or are you going to be heading home?” he asked. I looked to the others having fun and I knew my heart just wasn’t in it anymore.

“I’m ready to leave.” I said smiling.

“Ok, I’ll walk you home.” he said intertwining our fingers and pulling me from the booth.

“Guy’s me and miyavi are going to be heading out now. I had a really good time thank you.” I said sincerely.

“Me too…thanks for letting me come.” Miyavi said shaking everyone’s hands.

“Noona…can I come buy tonight?” bambam asked hopefully. I smiled nodding. I would never tell him no.

“Nae…you can come by, my mom wants to see you anyway.” I said laughing. he cheered before skipping off to get more food.  I said my good byes to everyone and let miyavi lead me from the hangout still holding my hand. We walked silently for a little bit when miyavi finally spoke.

“You like mark-ssi don’t you.” he said suddenly catching me by surprise.

“Bwoh! Anni!” I said when I finally got my words back. “What makes you say that.” I said tried pretending like he was crazy but he didn’t seem to be buying it.

“I don’t know, maybe because I kept seeing you staring at him all day.” he said chuckling lightly. “It’s ok…I can tell I know you remember. You used to look at me like that.” I bit my lip looking down at out intertwined fingers.

“Mian…it’s true I like mark.” I confessed. Miyavi laughed loudly at this and pulled his hand from mine throwing his arm over my shoulder and pulling me closer to him as we walked.

“Don’t apologize. I think it’s cute.” He said ruffling my hair. I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder. “Why don’t you tell him.” he asked curiously.

“He’s dating ae sook…” I said automatically.

“He didn’t seem to have been dating her long…so obviously you had a chance before.” I sat silently not sure what to say about that.

“I…I didn’t come to terms with it until recently and by that time it was already to late…” I mumbled. miyavi sighed nodding as he rubbed my arm gently with his hand.

“Mian.” Was all he said and we continued out walk in silence. We were almost to my house when I felt miyavi’s arm yanked off my shoulders and then felt myself being yanked away from him. I yelped in surprise as my body was pressed against someone elses. I looked up to see mark glaring at miyavi.

“You can leave now.”