Enter Miyavi!

FANTASTIC FANTASIES.

The ride went pretty smoothly with mark, I felt really comfortable and safe being there with him…I had to admit I was pretty afraid at first though. I hopped off his scooter as we got to school. Girls were watching but I didn’t let it faze me. I was just suddenly friends with got7 of course I was going to get some stares, at least It wasn’t out of the blue or anything, I wasn’t a quiet person and I wasn’t shy either.  

“Thanks for the ride I guess…” I said turning to head off. I took a couple steps when I was blocked by someone. I had been staring at the ground so all I saw where nice pair of black steal toed combat boots. I followed the black jean clad legs (which were very long and delicious looking.) up a thin frame to a familiarly tattooed torso, and when I say tattooed I don’t mean a little ink here or there…I mean ink everywhere, covering the arms the chest and I knew all too well that if you removed the white tank this person had on and revealed under it you would see a whole lot more tattoos, I knew the slim muscular back was covered from shoulders to waist in Chinese characters. I looked up past the torso and saw the long wavy black hair laying loose to the shoulders and a gorgeous face smiling ily down at me.

“Kairen-ah…been a while.” Miyavi said with his sultry voice. When I didn’t answer and just stared at him he bit his lower lip chuckling.

“Miyavi oppa…when did you get back?” I asked finally. He flipped his hair with his long slender fingers that I also remembered well…they were magic when you placed a guitar in them. 

“Last week…I would have stopped by to see you…but I’ve been a little busy.” He said smiling down at me. That smile was a killer for sure, it had been me many times and it never failed to make me melt like butter.

“Yea…I’ve heard…mister samurai guitarist.” I said jokingly. It was a dull joking, that wasn’t filled with much happiness, and miyavi didn’t seem to notice much like he never did.

“I see you’ve been keeping up with me?” he said knowingly. Truthfully I had…but I wouldn’t let him know that. It was embarrassing, but hey I couldn’t help but follow his career…I had been there before it.

“Anni, a fan-girl told me.” miyavi opened his mouth about to say something when he stopped looking behind me quizzically.

“Your new boyfriend doesn’t seem to like me speaking with you.” he said cocking a brow. I tilted my head at him confused and he smiled pointing over my shoulder. I turned to see the guys all staring at us…Jackson, mark, yugyeom and bambam where all openly glaring at miyavi. This made me smile a little; I was hoping it was making miyavi a little uncomfortable. I swear I felt like bambam was seconds away from punching his fist into his palm in a threatening manner while yugyeom looked like he was about to go crazy eyed and slide his thumb over his neck gesturing an I’ll kill you gesture to miyavi. I snickered imagining the scene before I turned back around.  “so…which one is your boyfriend…from what I remember you weren’t the type to go for the young ones…I remember you liking the bad boys so maybe the one with the cap?” he said looking the guys over. He was speaking about Jackson. I laughed at this making miyavi look to me shocked.

“Anni, I’m not dating any of them…but you and Jackson…the one with the hat…” I said clarifying. “Should get along just great, you both love womanizing and .” I said ashamed that a little of the hurt crept into my voice. Miyavi obviously didn’t miss it as he looked down at me, of course he doesn’t miss the hurt of all things.

“Kairen…come on.” he said softly. “Let’s not start with that the first time we see each other in over a year.” He said earnestly.

“You are right…so I’ll excuse myself…because that is the only thing I want to talk to you about…I’d prefer to actually not speak to you at all.” I said dropping the pretenses of being nice. Miyavi looked at me sadly.

“Kairen…” he started but I cut him off.

“Sorry, got to get to class.” I said and turned to leave in a different direction. Mark and the others were still standing there watching curiously. I just shook my head and hurried off. 

 

I sat staring out the window during class avoiding marks glances; I had been doing it since first period. I didn’t want to explain who miyavi was…not right now. I knew I would eventually because I considered the guys my friends now…and I knew they wouldn’t let it be. Especially mark…I felt myself being closer to him than the others…except for maybe bambam and yugyeom who were like little brothers now.  

The bell signaling the lunch hour rang and I stay staring out the window. I watched confused and curious as a group of boys hustled around the front of the school carrying some type of equipment. I couldn’t really see what it was from here but it looked heavy.

“Hey…” mark said turning around to face me. I took a deep breath and looked at him giving him a small smile before looking back out the window to watch the boys.

“I guess you want to know what that was this morning?” I said softly. When he didn’t respond I knew I was right. “That was miyavi…” I said sighing.

“I know…samurai guitarist…some of the girls that hangout at the basement love him.” he said shocking me slightly. I waited a moment before replying as I watched one of the boys setting up what looked like a microphone. Was there something scheduled that I’d missed?

“Yea…well…I knew him before he was big in japan.” I said reliving the memories…”he was my boyfriend.” Mark was silent making me look at him. He was just staring down at the desk his face blank. His hands were in tight fists on the desk but I just assumed that was how he had been sitting before. “He is kind of like Jackson…he is a womanizer and really loves .” This made mark look up at me shocked. “I’m not bad mouthing Jackson there is nothing wrong with how he is…he treats those women better than lots of faithful boyfriends for as long as he has them anyway; And before you go thinking things…I never had with him…that was where most of our problems came from…I wouldn’t give it to him…so he got it somewhere else.”

“What…while you two were together?” I nodded. “That whole.” Mark said angrily. I shrugged returning my gaze to outside. People where starting to gather around the little set up outside. Seriously…what was going on down there?

“No, he really isn’t a horrible guy…he’s really nice and sweet…other than that he treated me perfectly, and he was respectful for the most part about me not wanting to have …and I can’t fully blame him…we were together for three years…he was ready I just never was…the horrible thing is I can’t hate him…I just…” I sighed shaking my head as I turned to mark giving him a smile. “Let’s not talk about this hmmm, you know what was up now…so let’s forget it…there seems to be something going on out front lets go check it out. I think I saw the others down there.” I said standing up. Mark watched me before standing up to.

“Alright…let’s go.” He said giving me an encouraging smile. I was glad that he didn’t harp on it anymore. We walked comfortably side by side down the halls joking and talking lightly the conversation about miyavi long forgotten; or at least easily ignored for now. Once we reached the front of the school we spotted the others surrounding the area in the front of the crowd. Apparently they had been as curious as us. We hurried over saying hi to them.

“Do you guys know what’s going on?” I asked as we reached them.

“Anni…we just saw everyone gathering…looks like there is going to be some kind of show.” JB said shrugging.  The guys were standing right in the front so I had a good view to see that there was a lone stool in front of a mic, and some speakers hooked up. Shrugging I turned talking to the guys as we waited. A few minutes later there was a gathering whisper as girls started squeaking but nothing to ridiculous. Yugyeom cleared his throat and pointed making me turn.

“Kairen…” miyavi said solemnly as he stood directly in front of me. “I know you can never forgive me…but I truly am sorry…stick around hmmm…you might like my song.” He said giving me a hopeful smile. His song…oh…makes since he was going to perform. Of course, he wouldn’t be here for just any reason. He turned and walked back to the stool his trusty guitar hanging by its strap on his back. He wrapped his elegant fingers around the mic turning to face the crowd.

“Hi everyone! I’m Miyavi!” he said into the mic, some of the girls squealed with delight as they were obviously huge fans, while others clapped in recognition. “I’m here promoting my new album…I want to sing you guys a song off of it…it’s dedicated to a wonderful girl from my life…she was there with me before it all and I hope one day she will be there again.” he said locking eyes with me. I was frozen to the spot watching him. “This is called guard you.” he said and sat down on the stool pulling the guitar around into his lap. The music started up gentle and smooth with a single guitar. I watched as his hands moved over the guitar beautifully like I remembered as he got into the music and started rocking with the beat gently tapping it to give a drum beat.

“Leave you lying in your bed,
black rain is in my head
as the sun fills the blue sky
there is danger on the horizon
we can’t stay to see this war
so I’ll move you to the shores
where you’ll be so far from home.

Sa-ku-ra
is falling down

His singing was slow and beautiful just how I remembered it, the song was a beautiful melody that had everyone enraptured…even me and got7.

This is the way the way the way the way to guard you
to be far away ,away ,away from
you
I’ll do anything to take away the pain that harms you
and count every second till the skies are blue

 

When the chorus hit miyavi locked eyes with me again and I felt my chest tighten…I felt him delivering the words directly to me. It was getting hard for me to breath.

 

Now we have to face our fears
It might turn our smiles to tears
but we’re right on the front line
so for now we can’t reunite
I keep dreaming of the past
but it just never lasts
how I wish time could go back

Sa-ku-ra
is falling down

 

As he started in on the second verse I expected him to look away again but he didn’t, he kept eye contact as if he were just speaking to me now, I couldn’t deny the lyrics of the song seemed to fit our situation perfectly…like he had actually wrote it for me…to deliver something he wanted to say…when we had been together he had done this often…miyavi had trouble speaking to people and delivering his thoughts in words but in music…he was amazing…and I felt like he was trying to do it again here. When he started into the chorus again I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I gasped realizing I hadn’t been breathing. I looked away breaking the contact and my breathing was coming in gasps as I tried to hold back sobs.

“Noona?” bambam asked me worried. He reached out touching my arm gently.

“I have to get out of here.” I said and turned pushing through the crowd. I hurried across the grounds

“Kairen!” I heard miyavi call. It echoed around the school as he had done it into the microphone.  I jumped and just picked up my pace trying to hurry away. “Kairen wait.” I felt his hand wrap around my wrist pulling me to a stop. I kept my eyes and face turned away not wanting to look at him. I didn’t want him to see that he had gotten to me.

“Miyavi…let me go.” I said my voice sounding strange.

“Please just talk to me…it’s been over a year.” He said pleading.

“Let her go.” I looked over my shoulder to see the guys all standing behind us mark had his hand on miyavi’s wrist. Miyavi just ignored mark and kept looking down at me.

“Can’t we just…hangout one time and talk about everything?” he asked still in that pleading tone. I saw marks grip tighten but miyavi didn’t waver. “Please…”he said again. I opened my mouth to say no but I faltered…what harm would it do to hang out with him one time…I would be able to talk everything over.

“I think that’s a great idea.” we all turned shocked by the voice. Jb was standing off slightly to the side with jr. he was watching this calmly.

“Jb!” mark said angrily.

“Mark hyung…let him go.” Jb said with a tone of leaderly finality. Mark bit his lip hesitating before he dropped his hand from miyavi. I looked to mark to say something but he turned and stormed off angrily.  “I think you two should hang out and talk through whatever it is that is causing this. I speak for everyone when I say we hate seeing Kairen-ah like this. ” Jb said like a wise man.

“Thank you.” miyavi said gratefully. Jb didn’t look like he was pleased. He actually looked on miyavi with disdain.

“But none of us are going to feel comfortable with you hanging with Kairen where we can’t keep an eye to make sure this.” He said pointing to me. I was suddenly aware of how I must look with tears staining my face. “Doesn’t happen again. So the only way we are going to let you guys hang out is at our hangout…with everyone there…” I held back a laugh at miyavi’s shocked face. That made me feels a little better…as well as JB’s idea. I would feel better with the guys close by.

“alright.” Miyavi said suddenly. I looked to him shocked.

“What?” I said cocking a brow. He looked to me earnestly.

“I said alright, whatever it takes…I’ll do It.” he said and dropped my wrist. “I’m going to be a little busy the rest of the week I have to meet with some record people…but Saturday…can we hang out?” he asked looking at only me now. I glanced to the others for confirmation. They all just shrugged.

“Arrasso…this Saturday, talk to jb oppa…I have to get to class.” I said and hurried off. Miyavi didn’t call to stop me this time. I hurried off to class to talk to mark. I felt like I wanted to talk to someone about this and he seemed to be the one I felt myself wanting to talk to.