Chapter 36

Always Singing Just For You~

 

 

Yoseob was helping prepare, ______, for her audition.

"Oppa, move aside and let a GIRL help ______ out." Gayoon said pushing him aside.

"Yah!" he said, losing his balance, tripping over his own foot so he fell into Junhyung's lap.

"Haha." the girls giggled.

"Okay, now stay there, and I'll take over." Gayoon spoke up again.

"______-ah, who would you rather have as a coach?" Yoseob whined. "Me, your adorable boyfriend, or that...person."

Gayoon stuck her tongue out at him.

"Mehrong!~"

"Well, she's a girl..." ______ said.

"What?! So you'd choose her over me?"

"I love you, but maybe, by training with Gayoonie, I could learn different things."

"But...I'm the...Main vocal..." he said with a frown.

"So am I!~"

______ giggled.

"Aww...Oppa, you look like a puppy that just got left home alone." she said.

"I feel like one too!" he pouted. "I feel like a homeless puppy..."

"Oppa, it's been a week since you told me about this. You've been helping me this whole week. You should take a break."

"So ______ can have a new trainer."

"Oh, how easily she replaces me. Does 'love' mean nothing anymore? Has the meaning of the phrase 'I love you' changed to, 'Get out of my face I don't need you anymore because I've found someone new! You !'?! Hmm, is that the new meaning?!"

Hyuna snickered.

"Yeah right, Oppa." she laughed. "I highly doubt ______ Unnie and Gayoon Unnie, are going to run off and get married."

Yoseob turned to glare at her.

"Yeah, that's coming from the girl that told the whole world that Junhyungie and I are in love."

"Oh yeah!!!!~ Hahaha, I almost forgot about that!"

"Aigoo! I need to practice for my first audition!" ______ scolded them and smacked Yoseob with her music sheets.

"Ouch...okay fine, little Miss Abusive." he whined, rubbing his arm. "But, it's not your first audition."

"What?!" she said looking at him in confusion. "What do you mean, it's not my first? I don’t remember doing an audition before."

"Your videos were our first audition and you passed that phase."

______ glared at her boyfriend as if he was crazy.

"What are you talking about?! What videos?!" she asked.

"They've watched your YouTube videos, Unnie." Hyuna said.

"Mhm..." Yoseob nodded. "So, this one is your final."

"Way to put more stress on me, Oppa!!!" ______ screamed. "Aigoo!!!~"

He chuckled.

"Why? Why is THIS more stressful? I figured a first audition would be scarier than a final."

"Maybe, BUT, on the final auditions the judges will be more strict about everything."

"Don't be nervous, ______-ah, you have the talent. I know you can do It." he said, like the sweet, supportive boyfriend that he is.

"Aigoo!~" she sighed.

Yoseob turned to Gayoon.

"Yah, Heo Gayoon, don't work her too hard. I don't want her to strain her vocal chords."

"Yeah right, Oppa." Gayoon said. "We are going to do, a few, fun vocal exercises. When it stops being fun, is when that game is over, and we move onto the next one!"

"Song ______, don't overdo it!" Yoseob scolded.

"That sounds like what I say to you, every time you have practice or a performance." ______ giggled.

She smiled and kissed his cheek, before 4minute dragged her off.

The next day was audition day.

______ was in her house with the Kim twins, preparing for the day.

“Hmm…what should I wear?” She asked Minhee, who had Bokshiri sprawled out on her lap.

“Um…well you want to look sort of ‘professional’ and ‘dressed up’, but still look, ‘semi-casual’. That way you don’t look like you’re trying too hard. You don’t want to look like you’re lazy either.”

Munhee rolled his eyes.

“Aigoo!~ She asked what she should wear, not for you to confused her further!”

“Oh Shush!” Minhee said. “Yah Unnie, you’re really doing this?!”

‘She looks more excited than ______ right now.’ Munhee thought. ‘What a babo…’

“Mhm…I really am.” ______ giggled.

Minhee started to squeal and had a little spazzy moment, playing around with Bokshiri.

“Fluffykins, your Umma is actually going to do the audition! Isn’t that awesome?!””

______ made herself a cup of tea to soothe .

She took a sip and giggled.

“You can thank him, for that…” she said, scratching Bokshiri’s ear.

“Him?!” Minhee and Munhee said in unison, motioning towards the puppy.

Bokshiri tilted his head, cutely, and let out a tiny bark.

“Awww…” ______ squealed. “Bokshiri’s aegyo while you two had a twin moment, how sweet!~ Sometimes I think you could possibly share a brain.”


“Ew…” Munhee whined. “I don’t want her inside my mind!”

“Yeah, well, I’m too afraid to be in your mind. It’s probably filthy.” Minhee shot back.  “What did you mean, ‘Thank him’?”

______ explained what happened when they got back from New York.

“Ooh! Smart doggy!~” Minhee laughed, giving him a belly rub, as he happily kicked his leg. “So…is that the tea from Yoseob Oppa?”

“Mhm…Yoseobie Oppa, told me to take care of my throat before the audition, by drinking this herbal tea, with honey. I should probably refrain from speaking too, so I can relax my vocal cords.”

“Shhh!~ Don’t be like me!!!” Minhee screamed, running over to cover ______’s mouth. “I blew my shot to meet SHINee, because I got a little spazzy and lost my voice.”

“A little?” Munhee asked. “Is it possible for her?”

______ looked at him and shook her head in response.

“Yah, listen to Yoseob Oppa, okay?!” Minhee scolded. “Your boyfriend is an idol. He’s a professional singer so he knows these things. The tips and tricks to taking care of your voice.”

“Yeah I-….” ______ started to talk but Minhee cut her off, again.

“SHHHHHH!!!~ UNNIE!~” she scolded. “Sip your tea and save your voice for the audition!~”

“But…”

“I’ll call Yoseob Oppa!~” Minhee warned her.

“Aigoo!~” ______ giggled, making a small ‘x’, over her lips, with her pointer fingers, before she continued to sip her tea. ‘Hahaha, I bet Yoseobie Oppa called her and asked for her to keep an eye on me.’

Later into the day, ______ headed to do her audition at the Cube Building.

The moments leading up to it, were hell.

She was getting really nervous, so she texted Yoseob to relax her.

-Oppa!!!!~ (TT^TT)- she texted.

-WHAT?! What’s wrong?! What happened?!- Yoseob replied, in the blink of an eye.

-I’m just nervous. What if I freeze when I’m up there? What If I forget the lyrics?-

-You’ll do great, I promise!!~ ______-ah, My Pink Fluffy Bunny, Fighting!~ (^-^)9 Saranghae!~ ♥♥♥ -

-Thank you, Nado Saranghae Oppa!~ -

-Yah!!!! I better get some hearts too! Where are my hearts?!-

She read the message and giggled.

-Here is one ♥-

-Only one?! :(-

-Of course, you only get one! How many more hearts do you need? You already have my heart. Isn’t that enough?-

-I loved that comeback, kekeke.-

'Well, I'm not feeling so nervous anymore.' ______ thought, ending her text conversation, with Yoseob, so she could head into the audition room.

First, she had an interview, mainly, on her inspirations and feelings about music.

She could, easily, tell by their expressions that they liked what she had to say.

"What made you want to get into music?"

"Hmm...Honestly, since I was a kid I always loved art. Any type of art, but music was definitely my favorite."

"Do you play any music instruments?!"

 I remember, when I was a kid, my father played his guitar for me. It was our routine, every night, before I went to sleep. That's how I got interested in the guitar. I, later, added on the piano, flute, and clarinet, but the last two didn't seem to stick like the guitar and piano did."

"How old were you when you, first, started singing?"

"I sang before I could form real sentences. I was still a baby. My family, started going to a noraebang, every week. It was fun, and that made me love to sing, even more."

After a few more questions, they moved onto the singing portion.

'I hope my voice cooperates with me today!~ Oh Please! Yoseobie Oppa worked to get me here. I can't choke.' she thought. "I brought my guitar. Is it okay if I use this, for my audition?"

"Of course, proceed." a judge said.

______ took her guitar out from the case and started to strum a tune.

The words started to flow in nicely and the judges were amazed by her.

When she finished her song, she put the guitar away and bowed, respectfully.

"Song ______-ssi that was an amazing performance." the President said. "Just allow us to deliberate and we'll get back to you, as soon as we come to a conclusion. At most, your wait is a couple of days. Is this the number that I can reach you at?"

He read off the number to her and she nodded.

"Yes sir." she said bowing, ninety degrees, to each of them. "Thank you for this opportunity and for taking the time to watch my audition."

"Of course, that's our jobs." one of the judges said. "Get home safely, and keep your phone close."

"Will do!" she said, bowing again, before she walked out.

Once out the door, she exhaled, releasing a breath that she didn't even realize she was holding.

She took a few steps and saw Yoseob standing there, waiting for her.

"Oppa!" she squealed, running into his arms.

He kissed the top of her head and wrapped his arms around her.

"How did it go?" he asked, excitedly. "I want to know!! Did my girl make it?!?"

______ giggled at him.

"Haha, Oppa, I don't know yet. I just finished the audition. Let's give them time to talk it over first. Aigoo!~"

"You'll pass!~" he said confidently.

"Oppa!"

"You will!~" he sang.

"Song ______." President Hong's voice called.

"Yes?" she said turning around to reply to him.

"Could you come back tomorrow?"

Yoseob and ______ looked at each other in confusion.

"Um...I'm sure I could." she said.

"Good. Congratulations, Song ______, welcome to Cube."

"YES!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~" Yoseob shouted, jumping into the air.

______ stood there, in shock.

"Wait...what?" she breathed.

"You made it." her boyfriend chuckled.

"What?" she repeated.

"Aigoo!~ She's so shocked that she doesn’t even know what’s going on.” Yoseob laughed. “You are so cute!~”

“I-I thought you said that you all needed time to make the choice?” ______ stuttered.

“We took all the time that we needed. It was an easy choice, because you came greatly recommended. So, going on the things that Yoseob, here, all of the B2ST and 4minute members told us about you, we already knew our choice, before you got here.”

Yoseob grinned.

“Didn’t I tell you that she was awesome?!” he said proudly.

President Hong laughed.

“Yes, yes, he did. It was just a matter of seeing, for ourselves, the talent that you possess. We like you and we think that you could do really well.”

“Oh my god!~” ______ squealed and gave him a big hug. “Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!!!~ I promise that I won’t let you down!!!”

 

 

 

_______________________________________

 

I've had writers block lately and I hate it, but here's a new chapter!!!~

Yay, for ______!!!~ ^-^