Take a picture, it will last longer

SHINee Reality

Kibum loved kids but if you asked him what he preferred to do on a saturday night he would tell you that he would choose a meeting with friends over taking care of his niece.

 

The little 6 year girl was cute and everything, and he loved her as if she was his own but still he didn't feel like he was able to take care of her for one night.

 

“It’s just for a few hours.” His sister in law said “ you only need to give her dinner, watch some cartoons with her and put her to sleep.”

 

“Easy…” Jinki teased coming out from the bathroom with a beautiful black suit.

 

They weren't really brothers but it was as if they were because Jinki and Kibum were friends since elementary school.

 

“Luckily we will be coming back tomorrow by lunch time!” Nari, Jinki’s wife said.

 

“It's ok. Enjoy your wedding anniversary. Take your time at the hotel. We will be fine!” Kibum assured eyeing his niece that was on  the other side of the living room playing with a big doll of Elsa from Frozen.

 

“Thank you for doing this. We have been wanting to do this for a long time.” Jinki thanked and Kibum nodded. Poor jinki and Nari deserved a romantic night together away from diapers, toys and everything that came with having a kid.

 

It was funny! Kibum never saw Jinki has the daddy tpe. He was like a kid most of the time but then he met Nari and a few nights of passion end up with Nari pregnant with little Mia. Soon his friend was getting married and had a baby to take care off. And the thing was, he was good at being a dad, more than KIbum ever imagined.

 

Kibu and Mia waved goodbye from the door and Nari remembered kibum of the phone numbers he could use in case of emergency before she joined Jinki in the car.

 

Kibum closed the door and tried to think about how good he used to be with kids before.

 

“So…” he mumbled uncertain “ what do you want to do with uncle Kibum?”

 

“Let's play with my dolls!!!”

 

“Sure!”

 

Three hours later Kibum already saw the Frozen movie, they had dinner, played with Mia’s dolls for hours and were now in the living room with Kibum trying to convince his niece that it was time go sleep.

 

“ I’m not tired at all!” his niece said for the 100th time.

“Oooh but uncle is so sleepy…” he lied down on the couch pretending to sleep but Mia ignored him.

 

“Let’s listen to my cd again.”

 

Kibum groaned standing up from the couch just when Mia started playing Let it go again. He was going insane and he wanted to bury down that cd. Now he could understand why Jinki hated the movie, he was probably tired of listening to that song every freaking day.

 

“Your mom is going to be mad with me if she finds out that you are not asleep yet.”

 

“My mom is with daddy kissing right now.She won’t care!“

 

The girl had a point there and Jinki already called. before checking into the hotel to see if everything was ok. Now they were probably in the middle of adult things and wouldn't call anymore.

 

Kibum sighed giving up.

 

Eventually the little girl would fall asleep by herself.

 

It didn't happen and two hours later Kibum already knew all the lyrics of Let it Go and could sing it better than Elsa if he wanted to.

 

Mia was painting his nails now, turning them into a rainbow, each nail with a different color and they even did their hairstyles, both wearing two cute ponytails. Of course Kibum ones were much smaller than the little girl ones.

 

“ I think pink fits you.”

 

“Really?” Kibum raised his fingers to see the color.

 

“Green fits daddy.”

 

“You paint your father nails too?” Kibum grinned with the idea of Jinki with his nails painted.

 

“Sometimes. Mommy’s too.”

 

Damn it's tough to be a parent, you lose all your sense of ridiculousness.

 

Apparently he wasn’t  the only one tired of that song and wanting Mia to go to bed because someone knocked on the door.

 

Kibum stood up trying to not ruin his freshly painted toes and opened the door.

 

A beautiful woman with her hair caught on a ponytail and wearing glasses stared at him.

“Cho-Hee?” Kibum mumbled happy to see his crush in front of him.

 

Cho-Hee was Jinki’s and Nari’ neighbor and the latter best friend and Kibum hardly could hide the crush he had on her. They did go out a few times before and it always end up in hot . He wasn't sure why they weren't dating yet but he suspected that she had a problem with his social life and she didn't believe he could be responsible and the marriage type.

 

“Kibum?” She asked raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms in front of her revealing pajama staring at him.

 

Kibum took his time realizing that he was still with his nails painted and two cute ponytails on each side of his head. “Take a picture, it lasts longer!”

 

Cho-Hee tried to hide her grin and instead peeked inside the house “Where is Nari and Jinki?”

 

“They are out, their wedding anniversary was today so they decided to go watch Opera, have a romantic dinner and then spend the night out at a hotel.”

 

“Wait, they let Mia with you?”

 

“Well yeah, they said they didn't want to keep asking you since you already take Mia to her piano classes every week and Jonghyun and the others were busy so…”

 

Cho-Hee sighed upset that they didn't trust Mia to her and did to Kibum instead and she pushed him inside to enter the house and search for her niece.

 

Kibum groaned cos she made him trip and he ruined one of his nails. “Watch out!”

 

“MIA!” Cho-Hee screamed opening her arms and the girl stood up from the couch and run to the door, however she didn't hug her aunt and instead grabbed KIbum’s hand and pulled him to the couch.

 

“You are ruining my nail art!” The little girl complained.

 

Kibum sent a victory look at Cho-Hee and grinned sitting beside the girl.

 

Choi-Hee stood there watching them suspiciously.

 

“Shouldn't you be sleeping Mia?” She grabbed the cd player remote control and turned off the music making Kibum release a cry of happiness and relief.

 

“I will after I finish this.”

 

“Did uncle Kibum treat you right?” Choi-Hee asked again and Kibum rolled his eyes. As if he would mistreat his niece, he had two puppies back at home and he was a wonderful dad to them!

 

“Are you kidding? He is the best!” Mia said finishing her work “DONE!”

 

She stood up and started cleaning up. She knew she had to because aunt Cho-Hee would tell her mom everything about her staying up late if she didn't. She wasn't cool like uncle Kibum.

 

“So how are you?” Kibum asked CHoi-Hee now that the girl was busy tidying up the living room and the mess she did.

 

“I'm good, and you. You never called anymore.”

 

“You stopped answering my texts so I thought you had a boyfriend.”

 

“There is someone...I like!” Choi-Hee said rubbing her arm avoiding Kibum’s eyes and he frowned.

 

“I see!” He didn't push the subject and Choi-Hee seemed disappointed.

 

The truth was she always liked him more than she should and that scared her. She never saw him as the dating type but now, seeing him with Mia, letting her do crazy hairstyles on him and paint his nails, he looked more attractive to her than ever. Kibum always valued his image and the fact he let the little girl do that to him and didn't seem embarrassed at all was too cute for words.

 

“She is amazing!” Kibum said breaking the silence, when Mia left the room to place her toys in their proper place. “I hope I have a girl like her in the future.”

 

“You want to have kids, really?”

 

“Yeah. It's scary and tiring but I think it's worth it. Jinki seems so happy all the time...even when he can't sleep cos Mia is sick…”

 

Choi-Hee her lips “Yes, I guess it must be! When it’s with the right person!”

He didn't miss the intense gaze Choi-Hee sent him and Kibum swallowed nervously, feeling the chemistry between them raising to a very dangerous level.

 

“Hey!” Mia interrupted and both adults looked at her innocently. “I'm ready to go to bed!”

 

“I'll tuck you in!” Choi-Hee suggested and Mia gave KIbum her notebook before kissing his cheek.

 

“Can you read my notebook while you wait? Then you won't be bored waiting for aunt Choi-Hee! Ok?” Kibum nodded and the girl gave him a quick hug “I had a lot of fun! Thank you!”

 

Kibum watched the two girls climb up the stairs and then he opened the notebook wondering what she wrote in it.

 

Clearly Mia was still learning how to write and she made a lot of mistakes with her bad handwriting. She had the same crazy handwriting of her dad and Kibum chuckled.

 

She scribbled several words and phrases saying that she loved her mommy and daddy and that she had fun at the zoo, or how she loved giraffes like her dad.

 

However something caught Kibum’s attention.

 

“Choi-Hee loves KIbum!”

 

It was the last thing the girl wrote and Kibum laughed out loud realizing that that was the way MIa found to tell him to try and woo his aunt.

 

“That little devil!” He mumbled.

 

“Who?” Choi-Hee asked entering the living room again.

 

“No one. So…” KIbum took off the hair bands from his hair “Do you have time to tell me more about that person you like!”

 

Choi-Hee smiled and sat beside him on the couch grabbing the hair bands, her hands brushing on his. “JInki and Nari are only back tomorrow right? And you need help to make Mia’s breakfast tomorrow!”

 

He nodded and she leaned forward finding his lips easily.

 

They had until morning to talk about it.