“Love is illogical, it means nothing to me.” Taemin

SHINee Reality

Taemin sat at his desk, leaning back on his red chair and putting his feet over the modern wood desk of his study.

He stared at the ceiling while the room was filled with a softly melody. Music helped him to keep calm and think.

You laughed at him!

No one ever laughs at him. He is the son of the richest couple in Korea. Every woman wants a piece of him and every man wants to be his friend. 

Even though that looks tempting, to him that wasn’t a blessing. He hated it. He was an introvert because of that.

Taemin made his chair spin and used his feet to make it go faster. That room was his playground. He could pretend he was studying when in reality he was just playing on his computer or watching anime.

He didn’t like to study. He hated the idea of inheriting his father’s business. He wanted to be free, travel the world, and end up in Spain in a beautiful villa near the Mediterranean Sea.

Having all that money never took him far away from Korea since he couldn’t run away from responsibilities.

Taemin groaned frustrated and stopped the chair, all the memories of what happened earlier coming back to him.

~~

Taemin sat in front of you and you stared at his beautiful features while you chewed your sandwich.

“Did you have lunch already?” you asked trying to think about which lecture you had after lunch.

“Yes.” He crossed his arms and watched you eat.

Taemin was strange! He didn’t talk much and you knew that he was probably rich since he used expensive clothes and a driver was always waiting for him after college.

You blushed a little pretending that his stare had no effect on you. If only he could read your mind and see that you had a crush on him. But who didn’t?! The mysterious Lee Taemin who never sat with anyone was in front of you studying every move you did.

“Why do you always sit in front of me?” you asked ending your sandwich.

“You are interesting!”

“I am?”

“You never sat with the others.”

“That’s because I’m very antisocial.” You joked.

“No. You are like me!”

You cleaned all the breadcrumbs from your shirt thinking about his words.

“And that means?”

“I don’t need people around me! I can survive all alone!”

“Don’t be silly! Everyone needs friends and family…”

“I don’t!” He looked so sure about it  that you didn’t know what to say anymore.

“No one can live without love!”

“Love is illogical, it means nothing to me.”

You laughed at him, your hands covering your mouth. He looked so cute saying that. Like a grumpy kid who thought he knew everything about life.

He frowned at you and that made you stop. That was the first time he reacted at something. Taemin didn’t look pleased and you realized that what he said was a really sad notion of what love is.

“Yes it is. That’s what makes it special. If you can’t explain it, then its magic!”

“You can explain magic! It’s all lies!”

“You had a really sad childhood!” you said under your breath collecting your books from over the table. “I’m not an expert in love but…there are so many things in life you shouldn’t explain and just live them.”

Taemin kept his eyes on you, as always, while you grabbed your bag and put the strap over your shoulder.

“Have you been in love Taemin?”

“No…” he hesitated. Wasn’t being in love thinking about that person all the time, feeling nervous around them, having that weird sensation on your stomach every time you see them, or feeling like singing or dancing when that person smiles?

Then maybe he was in love. How illogical!

“Yes…I don’t know!” He corrected quickly making you smile.

You grasped a pen from your bag pocket and grabbed his hand surprising him who didn’t make a move to stop you.

Quickly you wrote your phone number on the palm of his hand.

“When you are sure…call me!” you bit your lip nervously, all your braveness going away now. You were following your intuition. There was a high chance you were the lucky girl confusing cold Taemin; and if that was true then…you wanted that opportunity. “We can try to understand this illogical love thing together.”

You ran away quickly not waiting for his answer.

~~

Taemin stared at his hand, the blue numbers on it making his heart beat faster. Why was he so nervous to call someone?!

He waited for you to pick up. You mumbled a yes from the other side not knowing that it was him.

“Let’s do it!” he said on the other side.

“Taemin?”

“Let’s try to understand love….together!”

 

image