Third Wheel - Onew

SHINee Reality

Third wheel

It was finally Saturday afternoon after an incredible crazy week at work. You decided to go out with your boyfriend Jinki because you couldn’t see each other all week.

You knew he was tired even though he tried to smile all the time to please you.

The weather changed a lot this few days and you were feeling hot. You took off your coat and Jinki suggested eating an ice cream.

He grabbed your hand and you walked together to the nearest ice cream shop.

“What flavor do you want?” He asked you while you pull your hair on a ponytail.

“Anything….I’m melting with this hot weather….anything cold is good!”

He smiled and kissed your temple before entering the shop.

You stayed outside under a parasol enjoying the little freshness the sea breeze would bring.

You peeked inside the shop looking for Jinki because he was taking a lot of time when you felt you hair being pulled.

You turned around and saw Mike, your old friend from your childhood. You knew him since you were little kids and you were inseparable until he went to live on another city.

“Mike!” you yelled surprised and he pulled you by your waist hugging you. You circled his neck with your arms and that’s when your boyfriend came out from the shop and saw you both.

The smile on his face disappeared and he almost let the ice cream fall.

You let go of Mike and turned to Jinki.

“This is my biggest friend Mike! I told you about him!” You said grinning.

Oh Jinki knew about them alright. He already hated him before he knew the guy. He was so jealous of your friendship with him.

After the introductions were made the three of you decided to go for a walk together and end up at the beach.

You took of your sandals and Jinki was going to grab them for you when Mike did it first.

“Always a gentleman!” you said making Mike grin.

“I was going to do it too…” Jinki murmured but you ignored him because Mike was imitating the seagull’s and running around in circles.

“What is he doing?” Jinki asked confused.

“It’s a crazy seagull!” You said laughing so much you had tears on your eyes.

Jinki just stared at you confused. How was that funny?!

“I can imitate a duck! “ He said trying to impress you.

“I know!” You just said walking near the water.

Mike pushed you into the water and you screamed at him playfully.

He did it two more times and you ran after him to try to do it to him too.

You gave up after a time panting and looking at Mike’s back in the distance.

Then you felt a pair of hands in your back pushing you into the water, you lost your balance and fell with your in the water.

You looked up confused to see a worried Jinki looking down at you.

“Are you ok?” He said offering you his hand.

“I would be if you hadn’t push me!” you said upset.

“I’m sorry…I was just playing with you!”

“Well now I’m all wet….” You said looking at your .

“I know I have that power over you!” Jinki said smirking and you smiled a little.

He was so happy to see you giving him a little attention but it was short because Mike came back.

“What are you doing little kitty? Taking a bath?” He asked you and you frowned.

“Little Kitty?” Jinki asked confused.

“That’s my nick name….it’s a stupid story!”

“An awesome one! I’ll tell you over dinner! There’s a good restaurant near here.”

Jinki was going to say no because you both decided, earlier that day, to cook together at his apartment, but you agreed right away making Jinki look at you disappointed.

You spent all the time laughing during dinner, Mike was hilarious while he told stories from your childhood.

Jinki wasn’t interested, he was too jealous and upset. You were supposed to be having fun alone and not with that weird guy that only knew how to make easy jokes. Some of them weren’t even that funny or clever….

You noticed that Mike’s glass was empty and you grabbed the bottle of wine serving him. Jinki drank his wine too placing the glass with strength in the table and you both looked at him surprised.

“Are you trying to break that?” Mike asked smiling and Jinki had an urge to punch him on the face.

“Oh that’s right…I haven’t told you why she is called little kitty…”

“Oh No Mike please don’t do it!” You pleaded embarrassed hiding your face with your hands.

“Once when we were in high school she did a cartwheel and she showed her . They had cute little kitties….”

You blushed and Jinki just grabbed the bottle of wine and filled his glass again.

“She still wears like that…” Your boyfriend casually said. “I think it’s y and cute…”

You glared at Jinki and Mike stopped laughing.

“What are you doing?” you asked too embarrassed, why was he talking about your ?

“Actually we have a funny story! Once we went on vacations and she forgot to bring underwear so she had to wear mine until we get to buy for her…”

“Jinki!” You said clutching his arm for attention. He was making things awkward.

“I’m not lying…it’s all true!” He answered drinking his wine.

“You drank too much….you are embarrassing me!”

Your boyfriend smiled bitterly and got up startling you. He was tired of being jealous and ignored.

“Actually I think imp going home! I’m tired of being the third wheel! So you both have fun!”

You looked surprised while your boyfriend left the restaurant.

“I’m sorry Mike…I have to go!” You said grabbing your bag.

“Stay!” He pleaded you holding your hand.

“Jinki is my boyfriend….”

“You know how I feel about you!”

“I do…but I love Jinki! I’m sorry!”

You ran outside and scanned the street looking for your boyfriend. He was nowhere in sight. You walked a little down the street and saw him at the beach sited in the sand.

You walked in his direction and you sat by his side.

He didn’t even look at you and just kept staring ahead at the water.

“I’m sorry!” You said watching him but he didn’t even flinch.

“I know how you must be feeling…”

“No you don’t!” He answered not letting you finish.

“I do! I would also get mad if you played with a girl all day in front of me…”

He nodded and you kept going.

“I love you! Mike is a good friend….and I know he has a crush on me but….you are my everything!”

You laid your head on his shoulder and smiled when you felt his arm on your back circle your waist.

“I love you too!” He answered kissing your head.

“Next time please don’t talk about my in public!”

“He started it first! My favorite ones are the ones with the little white bunny in the front!”

You laughed and kissed his cheek. He seized the moment and pulled you into his lap kissing you.

His hands roomed your body caressing you and ending at your .

“We should go home…” you said against his lips.

“We should…I’m curious to see what you are wearing today!”

“You will be happy, I think!”

“Bunny?” he asked happily with his eyes wide open.

You nodded and he kissed you again.

~Admin L

image