Smile for daddy ~Taemin

SHINee Reality

You closed your eyes tiredly for a few minutes, glad that you were finally having time to rest and rested your head on the pillow. Taemin, your husband was already sleeping for at least two hours. It was ok since he had to go to work early on the morning while you stayed home with the baby.

Your daughter only had three months and was the most precious human being you ever saw. You still couldn’t believe how you made something so perfect.

When you found out you were pregnant you panicked. You are still young and Taemin is an idol. You thought it was something impossible. He could never marry you and the only way was to raise the baby alone, so you decided not tell him and broke up with him.

That was the hardest part. You loved him and once you tried to tell Taemin to break up he didn’t accept it. You couldn’t hold it in anymore and just burst out crying, maybe because of hormones, but certainly because you couldn’t imagine your life without his smile.

A few weeks later you got married and now you had a beautiful baby daughter. Your marriage wasn’t perfect but you knew he was trying his best to be a good husband and father. He worked really hard and even though he was still young and unskilled he was the best father.

You sighed snuggling close to Taemin, which had his back facing you, trying to get some of his warmth. You avoided touching him tough so you wouldn’t wake him up.

You stared at his back, wishing that he would turn around and hug you. You were so needy lately, probably because of the hormonal changes your body faced.

To your surprise he turned around facing you, his eyes still closed, and his sweet lips with his tongue.

Taemin opened one eye and looked at you.

“Only now?” he asked with a sleepy voice.

“Yes. I was doing some house cleaning.”

He frowned, his arms under the covers surrounding your body pulling you to him.

“I could help you tomorrow!”

“It’s ok!” you knew he never had time, also he was terrible doing house chores. He was always too spoiled by his family, hyungs and noonas.

“Let’s get a housekeeper.” He mumbled, nuzzling his nose against yours, his eyes closed again.

“We shouldn’t…”

“We should!” he insisted, his hand caressing your back.

You kissed his lips slowly and he answered lazily.

“Sleep well!” you said and he just nodded, pulling you more against his body.

You just closed your eyes when a sudden low cry came from the crib you had on the corner of your bedroom.

You covered your eyes preparing yourself mentally to get up again when suddenly Taemin sat up on bed.

He was a divine sight. His tousled black hair, bare chest, eyes closed and a painfully expression.

His lips curved up and he opened his eyes slowly staring down at you.

“I’ll go this time!” He announced not giving you time to say anything and getting out of bed only with his boxers, moving like a zombie in the direction of your crying lovely daughter.

You sat on bed knowing that you would have to get up too. She cried even more when he was the one to try to calm her.

You didn’t know why but she only seemed to like being on your arms or Jonghyun’s. It was funny actually. Taemin was dead jealous every time SHINee came to visit. Taemin’s lovely daughter adored her uncles a lot. She liked to play with Minho, Kibum and Jinki, but her favorite uncle was clearly Jonghyun. She actually stopped crying every time he grabbed her. Why couldn’t she do the same with her own dad?

“Daddy is here!” he whispered making the little girl cry even more.

You watched hopelessly Taemin grab her on his arms, but surprisingly she stopped crying.

“Omo!” you couldn’t help but exclaim, watching Taemin rocking her in his arms, a sweet delighted smile on his lips.

“She loves me…” he mumbled surprised and you released a chuckle.

“Of course, you are her dad!” You answered getting up from bed fixing your blue pajama and stopping by their side.

“Go back to bed!” Taemin, the man of your life, still a boy at heart said to you. Dark circles under his eyes and his messy hair made him look older and you felt a pang in your heart, the same one you felt when you met him for the first time. You were falling in love with him once again.

You caressed his cheek, watching him tenderly taking care of your daughter, and kissed his face quickly.

“What’s wrong?” he asked confused.

“Nothing! Let’s hire a person to clean the house so we can have more time for us. Ok?”

He nodded happily and his eyes moved back to his daughter.

“Oh!” he exclaimed and you looked at her too.

She was smiling, her eyes slightly opened while she smiled at his dad.

“She is smiling! To me! Not Jonghyun! I did it!” Taemin exulted.

“Maybe she just finds daddy’s hairstyle funny!” You said laughing moving your fingers on his bedhead hair.

“I don’t care! I’ll have a messy hair everyday if she smiles to me!”

“You are a great father Taemin and she loves you. I’m certain of that. She probably only thinks Jonghyun is funny or something….”

Taemin giggled and you back hugged him, resting your head on his shoulder.

You stayed like that for a few minutes; Taemin rocking the baby while you closed your eyes, still holding him.

Even if the days were tiring and you didn’t have time to sleep, living like that was true happiness and you wouldn’t change it for anything in the world.

tumblr_inline_n5bydp6qFu1r3jow1.gif