I don't have time to be your guide ~Onew

SHINee Reality

You struggled with your bag in one hand and the copy of “Discover a new Exciting World - a South Korea Guide” that you bought on the airport when you arrived in Seoul, in the other hand. 
To turn the map of the guide, you had to put the small bag you prepared for that weekend on the floor. Traveling around South Korea was your adventure. Right now you were ready to explore one of their small villages, walk the old streets with traditional Korean houses searching for small treasures like a temple or an old forest, or simply wondering and daydreaming about what those stones, trees and walls once saw.


You were never the adventurous type. Driving to the nearest city or going to a new country was the same kind of pain in the for you and you never felt the thrilling desire of leaving the comfort of your house to face the unknown and unexpected. Well that was your old you, the one before you divorced the cheating bastard that you called husband for six years. The same one with whom you wanted to have kids and dreamed yourself with, spending a stable quiet life with no surprises.

Finding him in bed with your cousin was a big surprise and after one year and two months of going through a spiral of feelings that took you to hell, you rebirth. You started to go out again, going to the movies, talking to your old friends and one day you found herself in a book shop staring at the traveling guides. You had 28 years, you were young, you could still reinvent yourself and randomly you grabbed a book deciding to read it and more importantly use it, which implied traveling to that place. Spain was the first one, and the experience was good, the surprisingly feelings of liking to be free in an unknown city, in a different country made you repeat the audacity. Sweden, Malaysia and Mexico followed, also chosen at randomly and this time South Korea.


You were enjoying it. It was a beautiful country with good food and most importantly it still had that wild side to it, the one you always searched in all countries you visited, the more hidden villages, the ones that still kept most of the traditions and purity of the country. You liked to visit them so you could then go back to the big cities and see how much they changed. Just like you, a beautiful butterfly ready to spread their wings but still keeping the memories of what once was. 


That’s how you end up lost in…well you didn’t even know.
You walked to the end of the street turning the map upside down and wondering where the heck was the small hotel where you were going to stay just when you bumped into something….
“It’s a tree. They don’t move.” 
Someone said in English making you look away from the tree that you were now hugging.
“Yes…I know that.” You answered politely observing the man in front of you. He was sitting in the middle of the meadow, probably watching you with his small eyes for a long time. His hair was black and a little long, falling on his ears and he was wearing a blue and red shirt with stripes and jeans. 
“I’m lost…” you said trying to justify your confusion.
” I would be too if I was checking the map upside down. “
You frowned turning the map and closing the book that made the man giggle.
” You won’t get far here with that book.“ He observed cutely, smiling.
He was like a cute cat under the sun but your eyes could see below his appearance, his arms were muscular; he had small little wrinkles on the sides of his eyes. He was definitely a man, a very mature one.
” I can see that…" you answered putting the book away inside your bag.“ Can you help me?” You asked moving your pleading eyes to the man who stood up rubbing his hand. Good, a local would help you, besides he was gorgeous.
“No. I don’t have time play tour guide.” 
“What…?” you couldn’t help it. That man was clearly doing nothing and yet he couldn’t help you. “I only need to find the hotel where I’m staying.” You justified with a high pithed voice and he jumped the fence easily standing by your side. He was tall and the way he just jumped made your heart beat faster…damn he was hot.
“ Hotel? No hotels here.”
You swallowed pulling a paper from your white jeans pocket. “Sunrise House?” You asked showing him the paper with an address.
“Oooh.” He chuckled crunching the paper and you released a cry of incredulity with eyes wide open.
“That’s…that’s mine. How dare you?”
He ignored your cries raising his hand and grabbing yours in an handshake surprising you.
“Isn’t this the way foreigners seal a deal?”
He asked smiling, his beautiful warm smile acting like his soft, masculine hand, making you all hot inside in a way you didn’t feel in a long time. You had chemistry and he seemed to know it because he never released your hand. “ I’m Lee Jinki. The house owner. Welcome!”
“Wait…Sunrise House?”
“Behind you. I was waiting For you.” He said cutely tilting his head still not releasing your hand
“Waiting?”
“Yes. I don’t have any other guest now. It’s all ours.”
That meant you two would be alone…
“Let’s place your bag inside.” He announced releasing your hand and grabbing the bag. “There is a lot to explore. I’ll show you a new exciting world.” The way he said it, quoting the name of the book sent shivers down your spine. He was talking about something more than the village.
“But you said you weren’t a tour guide.”
“ I know. I wanted to see your upset side. It’s cute…”
You blushed deeply following after him inside the house.
“ Welcome Home!” He announced with open harms and somehow you felt like it truly was your home even though, at the time, you didn’t know that you wouldn’t stay there for a weekend, not even a month, but the rest of your life, by his side.