Hi I'm new ~ Minho

SHINee Reality

Minho pushed the door open and stepped inside the room that smelled as one of those cheap candles his grandma used to light up on the living room. That fact showed him that he was on the right place and he smiled slightly moving his eyes around the room spotting an old grandma on the corner of the room talking with two women, an old man was at one of the seats reading a newspaper and no one seemed to notice his presence. That was probably for the best since it was his first time and he wanted to go unnoticed until he was right that that was the right solution for his problem.

He was going to sit on one of the blue chairs, avoiding the red one destined to the moderator of the group, when he noticed the small table with a big plate filled with cookies, a coffee machine next to it. He could drink a cup of coffee while he waited or maybe eat a cookie. He walked on the direction of the table moving his fingers on the collar of his brown sweater, a gift his grandma gave him and probably made him look like an old man.

Minho was trying to choose the right cookie to eat, should he go for chocolate or raisins, when someone opened the door from where he just entered.

He froze watching the beautiful brunette with dark blue eyes that just entered. She was probably his age and was wearing tight blue jeans and a white sweater. She was very beautiful, probably a foreigner, and surprisingly walked on his direction.

Minho released the cookie he was holding and turned waiting for her to approach him. However she ignored him grabbing a white plastic cup and filling it with coffee.

He wasn’t there to flirt, not at all, who flirts at a grief group?! However he wasn’t expecting to find the women of his dreams in one. She sent him a glance and grabbed the cookie he just let fall inside the plate. “Let me guess…” she said with a melodious voice that made him melt inside. “Your grandma gave you that sweater?”

He looked at his old sweater and then back to her.

“Mine gave me this one and I can’t stop wearing it even though it’s so embarrassing.”

“Yes.” he said awkward ling not sure what to say to keep the conversation going. Should he start talking about his grief and the reason was there or was that impolite since it was supposed not to question the others members of the group.

She started to walk away and Minho swallowed his pride stepping in front of her  “Hi…” He moved his hand forward has if to give her a handshake that she completely ignored. Maybe she wasn’t a foreigner as he thought. “I’m Minho. I’m new here. Can you show me around?”

She laughed cutely and he blushed realizing how dorky he was acting. What was there to show on that miniscule room?

“I’m Tally.” She moved her hand on the direction of the table “That’s the stomach comfort place and on the other side we have the chair circle where we cry our misery and then that corner…” The one where the three women were talking “Is the chatting spot. Well that’s it!”

He nodded his head trying to act normal and she smiled, her lips moving beautifully upwards.

“Does this work?” Minho asked making her raise one eyebrow “I mean…these groups. Will I feel better after it?”

“Hum. It depends on the person, but there is nothing that can make you forget a loved one. This group work on the healing, not forgetting. By sharing your feelings and reaching out to others you feel like you are not alone in the world.”

Minho didn’t answer watching a man on his 50’s entering the room and sitting beside the old man sharing some sentences between them.

“Who did you lost?” She asked making him look back at her.

“I thought we didn’t need to share that on the first session.”

“You don’t!”

She didn’t seem upset with his comment and he touched her shoulder when she moved to leave “My grandma.”

She moved her head in understanding looking at his sweater. “Was it recent?”

“One year. We were close and lately, ever since the first anniversary I’m a little down.”

“I understand!”

“Dana said it would be good to try it.”

“Well your girlfriend is right. This might help you.”

Minho moved his head blushing adorably “No. She is my sister. I don’t have a girlfriend.”

She smiled and he wondered if she liked that piece of information. “Who did you lost? If I may ask.”

“My dad.”

“Oh I’m sorry….”

“No, its ok. I was nine at the time.”

“Wow…and you are on this group ever since. It’s not working for you!” He said it so naturally that she laughed out loud making everyone look at her. Laughing in that room wasn’t a normal thing.

“I’m sorry…” He said feeling like he was taking too much.

“It’s ok. I’m on this group for three years now. As I said, you never forget it you just learn how to accept.”

He moved his head “So you don’t accept it yet? The person who moderates this group must be awful.”

She frowned thinking and hit his arm friendly “She has a lot of flaws yes, but most of the time she is good. Also I accepted it already.”

“Then why are you here?” Minho asked noticing how more people entered the room. It was close to the start of the meeting.

“Where should I be on a Saturday night?” She asked moving her hand to grab another cookie and ending her coffee.

“On a date!” Minho said smiling softly stealing another one from her.

“I don’t have a boyfriend.” She glanced at him in a very suggestive way and Minho swallowed wondering if she was hinting at what he thought she was.

“Maybe we could…”

“Yes. After the meeting. We could go out and you can tell me more about that sweater of yours.” She placed the used cup on the trash can under the table.

“I’m glad I came to this group. It’s helping me already!” He said in a low voice and she touched his arm, squeezing it in a more intimate way. She moved to whisper on his hear, her hand caressing his chest and he froze, his heart beating wildly.

“I’m very helpful. That’s why I’m the moderator of this group for three years.” She moved away and walked to the red chair the one intended for the moderator while Minho watched her with his mouth open.

He moved quickly to join the circle sitting beside the grandma just when Tally blinked at him.

He was glad he was there already. Dana was right. That could help him.

tumblr_nakp46oOk61ruaoufo1_500.gif