Watch where you're going ~ Onew

SHINee Reality

“Once again thank you for coming!” You said walking as quickly as you could with your red high heels after Jinki. “I know how you hate coming to weddings and dressing up but I really didn’t want to come alone.”

You looked up at the dark sky when a small droplet of rain fell on your face. It was starting to rain and unluckily Jinki car was parked far away from the hotel and worse you were wearing your black new dress. You fell in love with it from the first time your eyes laid on it. It was a little short compared to what you used to wear, but it was sleeveless, and looked like a corset that ended with a beautiful satin bow on your neck, the skirt was frilled and fell beautiful over your legs.

“You really don’t need to thank me when I got free food.” Jinki answered casually but you knew something was wrong. He barely looked at you the whole night and he didn’t speak much. Also he seemed uncomfortable when you asked him to dance with you. It was only a short slow dance but enough to make your heart beat a little faster. After all Jinki was once your first love and now he was only your best friend, even though he was still the same handsome, gentle man from before.

You felt a few more drops of rain hit your head and it started to rain more and more “OH NO!” You screamed stopping in the middle of the street in panic.

“What are you doing?” he asked turning around to look at you, the expression of his face changing when he noticed how you moved your hands on your dress with a sad expression.

“It’s going to get ruined! It’s new and was expensive! I can’t believe it’s raining so much!”

He sighed and walked back to you in quick steps, taking his blue coat, covering it around you gently.

You raised your eyes to his chest, to his white shirt that was getting drenched and then to his face. He was watching you, an unreadable expression on his eyes that made you a little nervous.

Without a word he grabbed your arm and pulled you to his front. “Walk in front of me and be quick! It’s starting to rain more.”

You nodded feeling nervous and not sure why and you did your best to be quick walking in front of him. He didn’t push you or say anything, following after you as if he was watching over you.

You swallowed nervously wondering why you felt so self-conscious about the way your dress fall perfectly around your thighs and that his eyes were probably on you the whole time you walked.

Maybe asking Jinki to come with you was selfish. You had a boyfriend even though he was working overseas.

You were so lost in those thoughts that you barely noticed the big puddle of water, Jinki arm pulling you against him to save you from it. “Watch where you are going!” He exclaimed against your ear making you very self-conscious of his body against yours.

Memories from the past hit you hard and you barely had time to release yourself because he pushed you away from his hold as if you burned his skin.

“Let’s go!” He said briskly as if he was upset with you and you followed him like a puppy.

“I’m sorry!” You said not even sure about what. About you being a klutz, about you asking your ex-boyfriend to come to a party with you, about the fact that you two didn’t work out, about the fact that you still had feelings for him and asking him to come was a way to see him…

You didn’t hear his answer because one of your heels broke and you screamed in pain, twisting your ankle. “!”

You squatted to feel your ankle realizing it wasn’t hurt but the heel was definitely broke and you had to walk barefooted.

“You are a walking disaster!” He complained smiling softly, his first smile from the night. “You were always like this.”

You smiled back and stood up placing your bare foot on the wet ground.

“No.” He said immediately acknowledging what you were going to do and turned around, crouching in front of you. “Hop on my back!”

You stared at his shoulders, feeling the heat climb from your neck to your cheeks. He was offering you a piggyback ride?!

You mumbled an I’m sorry once again that he ignored and circled his neck with your arms. He grabbed your legs, carefully avoiding touching your skin for a long time and rose up with you.

You walked for a while without saying any word, your eyes closed, and your nose smelling him. He had a new cologne now and it fit him perfectly. You opened your eyes when you felt him pull you upwards, complaining about your height. You groaned and asked him to put you down over the stairs that led to an old restaurant that were covered by a awning.

He did so, sitting by your side panting making you pout at him. You weren’t that heavy!

You decided to wait for the rain to stop and stayed there in silence watching it fall around you.

It could have been romantic if you were boyfriend and girlfriend but you weren’t so instead you avoided looking at him.

“Why did you invite me to come with you?” He asked breaking the sound of the rain.

You wondered. “I’m sad. I feel lonely.” You didn’t even need to tell him about your boyfriend because he knew already. He knew everything about you.

“Do you remember the day we met?” He asked making you smile.

How could you ever forget that day?!

You met at an Amusement Park when you entered the wrong cabin of the Ferris wheel where he was alone, ditching your friends by mistake in the process. You end up doing the ride together and got to know each other. His girlfriend of that the time didn’t like it though, but soon they broke up and when you noticed you two were dating instead.

“I wonder why it didn’t work between us.” You remarked. You two had everything to get it right and everything seemed to be fine until he broke up with you for apparently no reason whatsoever.

“I know why!” He said rubbing his wet pants probably feeling very uncomfortable with his wet clothes sticking to his skin. She didn’t mind because she could see the outline of his muscles.

“You said I was a pain in the . So it was probably because of that!” You exclaimed laughing.

“I loved you.” He answered ignoring your joke and erasing the grin from your face “That’s why it didn’t work.”

You paled looking at his eyes. He wasn’t joking and he had a very serious expression. “What?” You mumbled confused, your heartbeat raising fast.

“I was scared.” He swallowed “I was going to the army and I didn’t want to leave you alone behind, a prisoner of a relationship.”

He did break up with you weeks before he went to the army but you never once thought that that was the reason. You always assumed that he got tired of you, of what you had. “Jinki…”

“That’s why I broke up with you, because I loved you too much to ask for you to wait for me.”

“You broke up my heart!” You complained not wanting to believe what he was saying.

“I know! I regret it and I’m terribly sorry!”

You touched your neck that was sticky from the rain, fixing his coat around your shoulders. “It’s ok now…” You barely thought about it now. You learned to live without him as a constant presence in your life.

“It’s not ok!” He said more urgently, pain crossing his features “I lost you to another guy!”

You froze. He meant your boyfriend working aboard.

“What do you mean?” You asked trembling knowing exactly what he meant but wanting to hear more about it.

He didn’t say anything leaning closer to you, his lips finding yours in seconds, enough to make you close your eyes and answer back to the kiss.

He moved away and you blinked your eyes staring at him in expectation.

“I love you!” It wasn’t the past tense this time. He still loved you. “As much as I did that day when I saw you for the first time entering the cabin I was in; As much as the day I broke up with you; as much as the day I went to the army; as much as yesterday when you called me inviting me to this wedding; as much as today when I danced with you in my arms wanting desperately to kiss you; as much as tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. My feelings are unchanged!”

You didn’t know how to react to that confession and you looked at him without mouthing a word, enough for him to stand up awkwardly. “We probably should go!”

He looked away, feeling uncomfortable and walked down the stairs ignoring the rain.

“JINKI!” You screamed standing up and he looked back realizing that he forgot about you being barefooted. You grabbed your heels in your hands and he walked back to give you a piggyback ride back to the car.

Once he stepped in front of you, and before he turned around, you circled his neck pulling him closer to you. He widened his eyes and you kissed him again, this time making it last a lot longer.

You brushed your lips against his like you used to do when you dated years ago and he grabbed you bridal style walking with you back into the rain and in the direction of the car. You laughed hugging him, resting your head on his shoulder.

He smiled back at you and you looked up at the sky, feeling the rain falling on you, forgetting about your dress and heels and everything else. Only Jinki in your mind!

“It never changed for me either!” You screamed over the rain.

“But…Your boyfriend?” He asked stealing small glances at you.

“We broke up before he went overseas. He did the same you did and I always wondered why I didn’t suffer as much as I did when it was you saying lets break up.  Now I know! I love you! I still do!”

He grinned joining his forehead with yours and you caressed his cheek.

“Let’s go home and get under a warm blanket!”

You agreed snuggling against him distracting him enough for him to step on a puddle of water.

“Be careful! Watch where you are going!” You said chuckling and he twirled around with you in his arms making you scream and laugh, raising your arms, both almost falling.

You hugged his neck again and you kissed not caring about the rain anymore.

inakav.jpg