Heads

The Court of Rogues

Since your assignment had gone so well, Yesung had decided to give you some time off. You decided to visit some of your former mentors, and help any trainees when you could.

The first mentor you visited was Eunhyuk, codenamed Monkey. Eunhyuk was the general mentor, who took care of trainee Rogues straight out of the academy. Currently, he was training the young Taemin and Minho. As soon as you walked in the training room, you could hear Eunhyuk’s stressed voice screaming at the trainees.

“No, Taemin, get back here! That’s not how you’re supposed to do that! Minho, put that down! PAY ATTENTION!!!”

You smiled to yourself. Eunhyuk tended to get stressed out about the littlest of things.

The monkey himself ran into view chasing after Taemin, who had a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. “Taemin! You haven’t finished your lesson! And Minho! Don’t touch that!”

Quietly you cleared your throat. Taemin and Minho stopped and looked at you with big eyes. As the first woman to become a full Rogue in more than twenty years, you often had that effect on trainees.

“Ah, good, -------, you’re here. Maybe you can help me with these troublesome trainees,” panted Eunhyuk.

“Sure thing. What do I have to do?”

Two long hours later, Taemin and Minho finally grasped the concept of what you were trying to teach them. The worn out Eunhyuk sent them to climb the climbing wall for a while so he could talk to you.

“Well? What do you think of them so far?” you asked him.

Eunhyuk thought a while before replying. “They have potential. Taemin over there has the makings of an excellent thief. He’s certainly got enough natural talent…he just needs to keep his mouth shut more and he’ll do fine. I’ll send him to Junsu in a couple of years.”

Junsu was Eunhyuk’s best friend and in charge of all the thefts that the Rogue Court did. However, the thefts that the Rogue Court did weren’t the usual burglaries. Junsu led assignments to steal weapons from arms dealers, money from corrupt businesses, and items that were already stolen, so the Court could return them back to their original owners.

Eunhyuk continued talking. “About Minho…I’m not as sure. Hell, maybe he could be a spy in the modeling industry. He’s certainly got the looks for it…and I wouldn’t mind meeting some hot girls.” He grinned as you elbowed him. “I’m just kidding. Minho’s got a quick brain. Maybe I’ll send him to the Head of Tactics and Strategy.”

You just shrugged. You didn’t know who the Head of Tactics and Strategy was…you’d find out later.

“Alright guys! Get back over here!” Eunhyuk called to Taemin and Minho. “Quick review! What have we learned so far with ---------?” The two trainees just looked at Eunhyuk with blank stares.

Eunhyuk face palmed. “WHAT?! What do you mean you don’t remember?!” yelled Eunhyuk. Slowly and painfully he began to review the lesson for about the third time that day...while you quickly and quietly snuck out the door.

==========================

The next mentor you visited was Heechul, Head of Firearms and Attire. Heechul was the craziest of your teachers, but he was also the one who taught you how to shoot with deadly accuracy, every time.

“Hi -------! Good to see you, how are you, and all that,” said Heechul. “I’m sorry, I’m in a bit of a rush. Shindong is hosting a party at a noraebang with free soju! Hooray! Oh, by the way, have you met my new trainee? This is Zhou Mi.”

You and Zhou Mi politely exchanged greetings. He seemed a quiet person, but you knew that the deadliest snipers were often very quiet people. Heechul was the exception.

“Well, see you later, ------!” as Heechul dashed away in a flamboyantly pink colored shirt and pants. You said goodbye to Zhou Mi and went on your way, running into a panicky Sungmin.

“Business!” called Sungmin as he passed you by. How odd, you thought to yourself. Sungmin usually could care less about business. But you shrugged it off.

It was only Sungmin, after all.