Freed

The Court of Rogues

 

You came to awareness with a gasp. Was the attack on Rogue Court just a dream? Then you saw the screens in front of you, and reality hit. “Oh, no,” you moaned aloud. The Seoul Rogue Court headquarters were gone. It was just a bunch of rubble now, all that was left of a once-proud branch of the Court of Rogues.

 

You would have wept again, but you had run out of tears. Instead you watched the screens numbly, as if you couldn’t believe the wreckage in front of you. A key turned in the lock on the door. It was Kibum. Silently he walked over to you. You couldn’t even look at him, you were so disgusted with his treachery. 

“---------,” Kibum hissed. “I’m getting you out. Hold out your hands.” 

“Why? So you and Rogue Guild can find other ways to torture me?” you spat. “That might happen, if you don’t come with me right now!” Kibum whispered back. “I am letting you go. You don’t deserve whatever plans Rogue Guild has in mind for you.” He quickly unlocked your chains. “Follow me.”

 

He led you through the passageways of Rogue Guild, both of you running. You briefly remembered doing something like this before…

 

*Flashback*

Rapidly Kibum led the way throught the warehouse with you and Ryeowook following. He took you through a part of the warehouse you hadn’t seen before, but guessed that Kibum must have gone through here while he helped raid the place. He motioned for you to go out an unfamiliar door.

*End Flashback*

 

It all made sense. You’d automatically assumed that Kibum knew the Guild warehouse layout because of the Rogue Court raid. However, since Kibum was the traitor, of course he’d have a lot of time to get to know the warehouse and all its exits! You felt so incredibly stupid. You’d let your feelings get in the way, and now the Court of Rogues had paid for it.

 

You followed Kibum through the Rogue Guild hallways. You didn’t know why you were following him again, but maybe it was because some tiny part of you still believed that Kibum truly wanted to help you escape. After all, he could have just left you and Ryeowook behind in the warehouse. After running for a while, Kibum opened a door to the outside. 

“This is your exit,” he said, handing you some money. “Take the money and make your way back to Court Rogue.” 

You threw the money back in his face. “I don’t want your blood money.” 

Kibum didn’t flinch. “Fine. Just go, then.” 

“They’ll know it was you who let me go,” you said. 

He shrugged. “They owe me too much to punish me for long. Goodbye, --------.” 

 

You turned to leave but then turned back to face him. “Kibum… letting me go doesn’t make up for what you did. Nothing you do will erase the fact that you betrayed us.” 

Kibum smiled painfully. “I know,” he replied softly. 

“If I ever see you again, I’ll kill you,” you threatened quietly. “I’ll forget that you helped me escape. I’ll forget that you used to be my friend. I’ll forget everything except for the fact that you are responsible for all those deaths, and I’ll kill you.” 

Kibum bowed his head. “I know.” 

You weren’t ready to leave just yet, though. “Kibum, why did you do it? You never told me why.” 

He laughed stiffly. “----------, when we meet next, just before you kill me, I will tell you why. For now, you have to go. Run, and find what‘s left of the Court of Rogues.” 

This time you didn’t hesitate. You turned your back on Kibum and hurried away, towards the safe house and away from the bloody Rogue Guild.

 
====================
 
A/N: Two chapters today, because I want to get the most depressing part of the story over and done with lol. I seem to have lost a subscriber as well, when you only have 12 it's very noticeable :( Oh well, I have you guys still reading! So I just want to say, Thank you so much! Each one of your comments makes my day :) Don't be a silent reader, either! Any kind of feedback is awesome ^_^